Ramshot Big Game Reviews?

Buddy loads Big Game for his Sako rifles. One a .270 and the other one is a 30-06. Both ridiculously accurate with the powder and Barnes tsx bullets.

Not to hijack, but I've recently been experimenting with RS Hunter in 280AI. I had about 70 160gn Federal TBTs sitting on the shelf, initial results are pretty darn good. Got them up to about 2850fps at about .65MOA. ES and SD are a little higher than I usually would like tho.
How Dare You.jpg
Get him Greta!

Not to hijack, but I've recently been experimenting with RS Hunter in 280AI. I had about 70 160gn Federal TBTs sitting on the shelf, initial results are pretty darn good. Got them up to about 2850fps at about .65MOA. ES and SD are a little higher than I usually would like tho.
So, here is a cool one, they did not have RS Hunter on the Defender Ammo website. When I went to pick up my Varget and Big Game, they had three lbs of Hunter on the rack. I grabbed two lbs.

I love Big Game powder in my 7-08 with 140 grain bullets. I wished it metered better, though. That’s my only complaint. But it ain’t enough to make me quit using it.
What type of metering issue?

Thread like this are just a bunch of BS. Now I have to buy a new reloading manual just to figure out what your talking about! :-( My old manuals do have some wear on them! :)

Thread like this are just a bunch of BS. Now I have to buy a new reloading manual just to figure out what your talking about! :-( My old manuals do have some wear on them! :)
Don, I needed a smile today. That was good. Thank you!

That stuff bounces like crazy out of the pan of my auto powder dispenser. It gets all over the place. 🤷‍♂️
This is true. It's kind of annoying. This was much worse in the old Hornady auto-charger I used to have, but better in the RCBS. Last time I used RS powder I just worked with a manual powder thrower and a trickler to top it off.

This is true. It's kind of annoying. This was much worse in the old Hornady auto-charger I used to have, but better in the RCBS. Last time I used RS powder I just worked with a manual powder thrower and a trickler to top it off.
I put 3 paper towels under my loader when I use it. One on each side and one in the front. The paper towels do a good job catching the powder. This is even with the door closed on the dispenser.

Currently On Sale at Powder Valley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back