Caribou Gear

Ramshot Big Game Reviews?

USAF Ret

Anyone use Ramshot Big Game for reloading? I am loading for 308, 30-06, 7mm-08 and 6.5 Creedmoor. The local distributor had some in stock and saw that it can be loaded with most of my calibers. Only other thing they had I wanted was Varget as my 308s love it.

Any reviews would be appreciated.

Anyone use Ramshot Big Game for reloading? I am loading for 308, 30-06, 7mm-08 and 6.5 Creedmoor. The local distributor had some in stock and saw that it can be loaded with most of my calibers. Only other thing they had I wanted was Varget as my 308s love it.

Any reviews would be appreciated.
I use it for my 7mm-08. More velocity than any other powder I've tried and my load is very accurate. I have a 140 grain E-tip going almost 2800fps.

I use it for my 7mm-08. More velocity than any other powder I've tried and my load is very accurate. I have a 140 grain E-tip going almost 2800fps.
Excellent. I have not started loading for my 7mm-08 yet. Just got in some bullets and they also had some 139 grain 7MM Hornady CX in I added to the bag. I got a pound to start and see how it does.

Tried it in a 708. Couldn't get it to shoot as good as I wanted, but the powder is great to work with.

I shoot it in my 7-08 at 2900 with a 140g ballistic tip or accubond. It performs very well and I am quite happy with it.

Just know there is two types. One green label and one red label. The red is from when western powders owned it. The green is the newer stuff and not as fast. It takes almost a whole grain more to stay at the red label velocities that most books were published with.

I shoot it in my 7-08 at 2900 with a 140g ballistic tip or accubond. It performs very well and I am quite happy with it.

Just know there is two types. One green label and one red label. The red is from when western powders owned it. The green is the newer stuff and not as fast. It takes almost a whole grain more to stay at the red label velocities that most books were published with.
It is the green. I just ordered it and am picking it up this week. The bullets I have on hand are the 130 grain Speer Cor-Bon, 139 SST and 139 CX.

You just ruined my day. Guess I have some more load development to do soon...

It is the green. I just ordered it and am picking it up this week. The bullets I have on hand are the 130 grain Speer Cor-Bon, 139 SST and 139 CX.
I would start within 1 grain of max if you’re using older books. If using the online books it’s a crapshoot on what powder they got their data from.

I would start within 1 grain of max if you’re using older books. If using the online books it’s a crapshoot on what powder they got their data from.
Thanks for the advice. I ran into the same thing with Norma bullet data. The loads they suggested ran higher than all other similar bullets, so I went with the lower load.

I've been using Ramshot Hunter and Big Game with good results in several cartridges, .270, .243, 300WSM and 300WM. Plus reasonably priced and readily available. Or was until this post....

I've been using Ramshot Hunter and Big Game with good results in several cartridges, .270, .243, 300WSM and 300WM. Plus reasonably priced and readily available. Or was until this post....
Any chance you’d be willing to share some of your load data with the Hunter and 300 win mag?

Thanks, looks like you’re getting some good velocities with it. I’m going to start trying to push 180 gr ttsx, was a little worried the hunter might be a little fast burning to get me in that 3100 fps range.

I've burned up plenty of the Ramshot lines. Tac, Big Game, Hunter, Magnum - they all meter and shoot great.

Not to hijack, but I've recently been experimenting with RS Hunter in 280AI. I had about 70 160gn Federal TBTs sitting on the shelf, initial results are pretty darn good. Got them up to about 2850fps at about .65MOA. ES and SD are a little higher than I usually would like tho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back