Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

KUIU and Peay/SFW

jryoung

I was reading Jason's most recent blog post about his opportunity to meet with Trump and the promotion of public lands and hunting.

http://blog.kuiu.com/2016/01/27/trump-industry-leadership-meeting/#sthash.dZ8BDUB8.dpbs

Then I got to this paragraph: "With SHOT Show happening in Vegas last week I planned a meeting with the help of Don Peay of Sportsman’s for Wildlife and Lorenzo Sartini of GoHunt. We invited 40 CEO’s from leading brands from the Hunting Industry and Conservations Organizations to meet with Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr and Eric Trump"

The comments are entertaining as they focus on Trump but one individual voiced his concern about Jason meeting with Peay and Jason replied

"His focus is on what is best for all hunters. I would encourage you to reach out to him and discuss your concerns. Thank you for taking the time to comment."

"I would like to learn more of why Don Peay is not a friend of the average hunter? From what I know of him he is just the opposite."

If you're so inclined, it looks like Jason is "listening".

I was 99% sure that Don Peay was the guy sitting at the KUIU table in Reno last week at WSF convention. Guess I was right.

I just followed the link to the site. Am I a bad person because I've never heard of KUIU? Or am I just ignorant? Or is it because I'm old? Is it okay to hunt weighted down with heavy homemade stuff and sh*t from the surplus store? Am I un-cool? :confused: :( :p :D

I just followed the link to the site. Am I a bad person because I've never heard of KUIU? Or am I just ignorant? Or is it because I'm old? Is it okay to hunt weighted down with heavy homemade stuff and sh*t from the surplus store? Am I un-cool? :confused: :( :p :D

Nope. Prob smarter and richer as a result. 👍

Anybody care to share the short-version of what is wrong with SFW? I've heard bits and pieces here and there, but never got the full story. Main thing that has always come up, is putting money somewhere other than where it was intended. IE; proceeds from auction tags.

Anybody care to share the short-version of what is wrong with SFW? I've heard bits and pieces here and there, but never got the full story. Main thing that has always come up, is putting money somewhere other than where it was intended. IE; proceeds from auction tags.

Short version is still 20,000 words. Think Bernie Madoff of the hunting world.

I commented. Jason's now spouting the SFW propaganda line about how the Expo has directly led to the 5-million-percent increase in big game numbers.

Last edited:
I don't know Jason, only met him twice. I would suggest he take Mark Twain's advice when it comes to what little he knows about the wolf issue he is carrying on about here.

Jason Hairston
January 27, 2016 at 5:28 pm · Reply
Ted Lyon a Texas Trial attorney with a ranch in Montana wrote a book called The Real Wolf. Ted states clearly that Don and Big Game Forever were key players with many groups to get wolves delisted in Idaho and Montana, in fact Ted credits Ryan Benson CEO of BGF who is also a Harvard trained lawyer helped Congress put in the key provision that precluded judges from over ruling to delist wolves. Ted and Ryan were involved in the legal challenges to delisting in the Federal Court in Montana where Sportsman won and also in the 9th Circuit Court in San Francisco. I highly recommend reading this book. It gave me amazing insight to how wolves were delisted.

From what I know, please correct me if I was wrong which would not be first time, regarding stream access, Politics is about the art of the deal, there was a deal on the table where fisherman got access to 80% of the fish on streams. That seemed to be a good deal versus nothing, again from what I understand.

If he thinks Ted Lyons is the expert on how it happened, he needs a better BS filter. Lyons called some of us asking for input on his book. I refused to even reply. He left out all the people who did the heavy lifting and showered attention on the other "Johnny Come Lately" folks in his camp. Lyons credits Benson, a guy excluded from every meeting and phone conference, who arrived on the scene 15 years after the rest of us started working in the topic. I guess in today's world, if it is written somewhere, that makes it fact.

Too bad.

Sounds like a grade A dummy.

I'm glad I've never supported his company.

In fairness to KUIU/Jason, which appear to support the fight to protect public lands... A company in California isn't going to necessarily know how the average hunter from the Rocky Mountains feels about a conservation group unless/until the hunters tell them.

I guess I'm saying I can understand why a company could be duped when the relationship with the conservation group is likely on a limited basis.

In fairness to KUIU/Jason, which appear to support the fight to protect public lands... A company in California isn't going to necessarily know how the average hunter from the Rocky Mountains feels about a conservation group unless/until the hunters tell them.

I guess I'm saying I can understand why a company could be duped when the relationship with the conservation group is likely on a limited basis.

Naw... If you cater to a specific client, you need to know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the issues concerning them.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back