Caribou Gear

KHunter CO archery sheep hunt

Khunter

Well I was extremely lucky to pull an archery sheep tag here in Colo. Will try to write up some of the scouting and prep and the hunt. Hunt is not till the rut late in the year so lots of time to scout and seek ‘the ram’ and make plans for the hunt.

Certainly a dream tag for me. Drew a previous archery sheep tag back in 2005 and hunted 20 days without closing the deal. Looking for a very different outcome this time.

Here are some sheep located first time in the hunt area...

765B9D8B-808C-4C22-A925-14B720AC780D.jpegIMG_2861.jpegIMG_7363.jpeg

Last edited:
I just got some pics from your brother scouting for his MT tag a few minutes ago. I don't think either of you will lack for opportunities on great rams. Excited for both of you!

Man this should be pretty darn epic we can live through you this fall sheep dreaming..... Some nice sheep there.

Looks like us HT's are all in for quite a few sheep stories this fall. Congrats on pulling the tag and best of luck to you!

Isn't the sheep rut in November? Archery sheep is in August. Private land tag?

Isn't the sheep rut in November? Archery sheep is in August. Private land tag?

sheep rut is in November and continues in early December. they will be plenty rutty and still breeding ewes when hunt starts. archery sheep tags are not just in august, apparently. No not a pvt land tag.

Last edited:
sheep rut is in November and continues in early December. they will be plenty rutty and still breeding ewes when hunt starts. archery sheep tags are not just in august, apparently. No not a pvt land tag.
Sure enough, there are 3 or 4 units with archery hunts in Nov/Dec. Learn something new everyday. Good luck!

Very nice! Look forward to following. Some beauts from your scouting! Wow! Grats on the tag.

Is this canyon country? Will the sheep be at lower elevations due to winter when the hunt starts?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back