Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Kansas Buck OYOA

justdada

A couple fellas asked me to post the results of my firearms deer hunt in Kansas, so here it goes...
I bought a leftover tag this year for an area I didn't really know (I had pheasant hunted in the area once several years ago, but no where close to where I would be deer hunting).
I spent a couple days looking over walk in areas and the few bits of state land, saw plenty of does... Then I saw a buck.... so I shot it...
I didn't see another person on the WIHA property where I ended up taking this deer, nor did I see human tracks at all.. so, in my opinion, the program seems to work well!
The shot was about 250 yds as he fed out into the corn opening day. Forgive the red-eye, cheap camera and I was alone; I nearly forgot to take pictures at all...
Turned out to be a much better buck than I ever would have imagined having an opportunity at.

Last edited:
Holy smokes. Whaddya say we go elk hunting next year and then KS deer hunting? ;)

A little long winded on the story, but that's okay, it was worth reading all of it.

Congrats on a toad

Holy crap, that thing's a hog.
Really awesome buck...

Mercy sakes alive ..... looks like we got us a monster. Wow. Congrats on a great buck.

Nearly neglected to give thanks where it is due! RANDY, thanks for the show and for motivating me to finally get out on a whitetail hunt!
I will get another photo up in a few, but it won't be a great one as it is off my phone.

May I run into one like that tomorrow!! Weatherman says rain/freezing rain for us in central KS.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back