Kansas Buck OYOA

Little spindly, but he will do.;)

Awesome buck. Thanks for sharing your success.

Wow, that's a hell of a Buck. If I were you, I would put in for that area every year & not wait to see if there are any left over tags.

Last edited:
pic

Another shot of the buck loaded up and ready for the pack out in my crew cab. I tried to color out some of the blood on his cape.
Thanks for all the comments guys.
Oak, I seem to remember owing you a hunting spot after you helped me a few years back...

Attachments

• KS2011b.jpg
    KS2011b.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Wow! Congrats on an awesome buck. I have some buddies in Kansas right now. I heard one scored on a big 4x4.

Thanks to you, I did not sleep very well last night, dreaming about my KS hunt that I leave for on Tuesday. Doubt I will see one even close to that. But that is the beauty of Kansas - you never know what might show up.

Did you get any funny looks when you packed out your deer? The first deer I shot in Kansas got a lot of strange looks when I walked back to the WIHA parking area. I suspect not many guys quarter and pack them out of these WIHA areas. That makes the far back reaches of these WIHA spots very good for that guy with the intent to hike and knowledge of how to quarter and pack them out.

I suspect most Hunt Talkers could go to KS and do good on WIHA areas. Probably won't find too many bucks like this one, but the average age/size is really good.

Holy crap! That is a slammer!! Congrats!!

Any of you Idaho boys wanna do a Kansas hunt next year?

can't believe you shot the first buck you saw.Just kiddin, the things huge.I would have unloaded on him in a second.Then thought I was dreamin as I walked up to the pig.Way to go

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutflys
Back