PEAX Equipment

Just got Starlink.

...is both a testament to the power of capitalism, and a living example of what's wrong with it. It's not difficult to recognize how complex his legacy is.
This is exactly how I think of Jeff Bezos. Someone who became insanely rich, but hasn't actually made or done anything of actual significance. The entire basis of JB's wealth and his "contribution" to society is making an e-commerce website to sell other peoples stuff and he's made essentially zero unique contributions to the world that I would consider "positive" or generational.

I look at Elon's body of work much differently. While he's certainly not perfect, he has made engineering advancements for human civilization. Reusable rockets, along with leading a renewed interest in space exploration in this country, especially in younger generations. He's led the charge for EVs and opened Tesla patents for the world to see/use for the betterment of mankind. Among other things mentioned in posts above.

His whole attitude of owning companies and being a major shareholder that ties him to that companies success or failure, has been a breath of fresh air compared to many other corporate executives imo. "A captain should go down with his ship" is a quote he is on record making while talking about Tesla and SpaceX's near failures in infancy.

Now this isn't to say everything he's touched has been a lesson in excellence. Certainly there's dumb stuff he does/says. He's a flawed person, just like the other 7.5 billion people on the planet. But, I just don't see the malevolence. I just don't see this Bezos or Zuckerberg character, where not only do I question their humanity, but also their actual interest in doing good with their time or wealth.

Is he perfect? Far from it. Do I agree with everything he says/does? Nope. But in terms of billionaires, he's on a short list of folks who are actually working their tail off to make the world a better place.

I can't say the same for most of the people on this list.

Just my .02

Got Starlink a couple of weeks ago once it was confirmed that the fiber build that is happening is not coming out this far for at least another year.

Happy so far. The only downside was finding a spot with a clear view with all the trees in the yard.

This is exactly how I think of Jeff Bezos. Someone who became insanely rich, but hasn't actually made or done anything of actual significance. The entire basis of JB's wealth and his "contribution" to society is making an e-commerce website to sell other peoples stuff and he's made essentially zero unique contributions to the world that I would consider "positive" or generational.

I look at Elon's body of work much differently. While he's certainly not perfect, he has made engineering advancements for human civilization. Reusable rockets, along with leading a renewed interest in space exploration in this country, especially in younger generations. He's led the charge for EVs and opened Tesla patents for the world to see/use for the betterment of mankind. Among other things mentioned in posts above.

His whole attitude of owning companies and being a major shareholder that ties him to that companies success or failure, has been a breath of fresh air compared to many other corporate executives imo. "A captain should go down with his ship" is a quote he is on record making while talking about Tesla and SpaceX's near failures in infancy.

Now this isn't to say everything he's touched has been a lesson in excellence. Certainly there's dumb stuff he does/says. He's a flawed person, just like the other 7.5 billion people on the planet. But, I just don't see the malevolence. I just don't see this Bezos or Zuckerberg character, where not only do I question their humanity, but also their actual interest in doing good with their time or wealth.

Is he perfect? Far from it. Do I agree with everything he says/does? Nope. But in terms of billionaires, he's on a short list of folks who are actually working their tail off to make the world a better place.

I can't say the same for most of the people on this list.

Just my .02
Well said. But funny/depressing a thread about starlink devolved into an Elon hate/love discussion.

Well said. But funny/depressing a thread about starlink devolved into an Elon hate/love discussion.
Sorry, I was having "issues " that day.
Thanks Elon. I have no trouble getting HT now. And I have a cell that works.

Still have never seen a Tesla. See very few hybreds here still.

But if everyone gets one there should be some deals on used Highlanders or Landcruisers. Maybe a Raptor in my future...LOL

Not to get too close to politics, but could you imagine 15 years ago, telling someone that in 2023 there would be an individual who:

-brought Internet to rural America and the undeveloped world at levels unseen prior
-revolutionized the work from home movement, allowing people to have access to the www without even having an address
-jumpstarted and brought forward the electric vehicle farther and faster than anyone in history

And “progressives” will despise him.

Me, I’m just grateful to be able to waste my time on hunting forums at home without burning through my cell phone data now.
Actually, yes I did imagine that 15 years ago, 25 years ago no.

I remember the time doing my job everything was done on paper, data was hand entered in the office TWICE (to catch errors), getting to our field locations without GPS via 2 pages of photo calculations, etc.

Now, I get to my field locations with a GPS, everything is entered in a data recorder, and my data recorder is a hand held computer. If I have wifi access I can download all my data instantly.

Rocket ship man bad. Space exploration good.

EV car man evil. More EV more good.

Democracy good. Democracy need free speech. Free speech good.
Twitter bad.

Traffic bad. Boring company bad.

Fast car good. Tesla S bad

Dead Russians good. Ukrainian satellite comms to kill Russians bad.

Solar energy storage good.
Developer of battery tech bad.

impregnating execs at your company bad.
(I got nothing for that last one)
How about having a threesome with Amber Heard and an English supermodel! Good, Bad?? And surviving, either way I'll call it Impressive 😃

Sorry, I was having "issues " that day.
Thanks Elon. I have no trouble getting HT now. And I have a cell that works.

Still have never seen a Tesla. See very few hybreds here still.

But if everyone gets one there should be some deals on used Highlanders or Landcruisers. Maybe a Raptor in my future...LOL

I actually rode in a Telsa a while back. Ordered a Lyft while I was in New Orleans for business. Wanted to indulge in a few wobbly pops so I ordered a ride.

After I ribbed the driver about his hippie car he let her rip on the interstate. That thing accelerated with such force that I couldn’t grab the seat in front of me.

If I wanted another toy I would probably buy one.

I’d rather spend my money on guns, gear, and hunting trips though.

I don't have starlink but I saw the satellites cruise over head tonight. Not knowing what they were at first, I was a bit creeped out.

Question?
Has anyone been asked for a password for wifi link?
This pc automaticly connected to the link without a password required.
Starlink gave me no password, that I recall and I would have printed that on my face.
It's an open positional wifi from specific address.

Would my address be the password.
This PC is about dead and new one on way.
Just got a new cell and it wants a password....the old one automaticly pisked up the starlink wifi.
Now I can't use my phone at home.
Prolly won't be able to link new pc..............bummed.

Any Ideas?

No and my password book is missing...
then I called the pie store and asked Sarah and they said there was a password...

What would I use? Where is a password?

Duuuhhhhhhhhh. THINK...the second try of my common one and presto change-o the wifi on the cell works and I just turned on my OLD pc and here I am all logged in.

I just lost the pc I have been using to a power surge too...LOL
...A new cheap one is on the way too...LOL

No and my password book is missing...
then I called the pie store and asked Sarah and they said there was a password...

What would I use? Where is a password?

Duuuhhhhhhhhh. THINK...the second try of my common one and presto change-o the wifi on the cell works and I just turned on my OLD pc and here I am all logged in.

I just lost the pc I have been using to a power surge too...LOL
...A new cheap one is on the way too...LOL
write that password on a piece of masking tape and stick on the starlink receiver!!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back