Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

It's paid off!

Wish Ford had stayed with the little Perkins diesel.That was an awesome setup.
Chevy tried to get Cat to build them a pickup motor. Cat said, "No."!
Had a very knowledgeable diesel mechanic tell me there was no reason on God's green earth for an 8 cylinder diesel.

I dunno my 7.3 powerstroke is just about as good as it gets. Plenty of power and I can fix it in the driveway.

-Z

Paid off my Ford last year. Feels good with no debt again and 2 good trucks.
Never bought a new vehicle.
My 1st truck cost $200. 51 GMC 3/4T corner window flatbed with a 51 Chevy PU for spare parts.
Sounds a lot like me. Still driving my '95 Dodge and intend to run it into the ground.

My first truck was a '55 Chevy shortbed 3/4 ton with a worn out 235 in it and I surely didn't pay more than 200 bucks for it. I found a wrecked '61 Impala with the 348 porcupine motor in it for 100 bucks, drove out to a junk yard near Ft. Lupton, CO and removed a "truck V-8 bellhousing" necessary for the swap for $35.00, welded motor mount platforms to the frame rails, fabricated accelerator linkage and had a local shop fabricate me some exhaust pieces and I was in business. It had a 4 speed in the floor with something like 5.34 gears in the rearend and with the tons of torque coming from the 348 I only needed third and fourth gears unless loaded.

My first truck was a '55 Chevy shortbed 3/4 ton with a worn out 235 in it and I surely didn't pay more than 200 bucks for it. I found a wrecked '61 Impala with the 348 porcupine motor in it for 100 bucks, drove out to a junk yard near Ft. Lupton, CO and removed a "truck V-8 bellhousing" necessary for the swap for $35.00, welded motor mount platforms to the frame rails, fabricated accelerator linkage and had a local shop fabricate me some exhaust pieces and I was in business. It had a 4 speed in the floor with something like 5.34 gears in the rearend and with the tons of torque coming from the 348 I only needed third and fourth gears unless loaded.
Ahh...the good old days when we could mix and match car and truck parts to make just about any combination work. (y)

I dunno my 7.3 powerstroke is just about as good as it gets. Plenty of power and I can fix it in the driveway.

-Z
Per Mr. L, a 6 cylinder has a longer stroke and more torque than an 8 cylinder.
He had three 3/4 ton Dodge pickups w/Cummins diesel. They looked like they just rolled off a showroom floor.

Per Mr. L, a 6 cylinder has a longer stroke and more torque than an 8 cylinder.
He had three 3/4 ton Dodge pickups w/Cummins diesel. They looked like they just rolled off a showroom floor.

the Cummins is a great motor. It’s just a shame they wasted it putting it inside a dodge pick up.

the Cummins is a great motor. It’s just a shame they wasted it putting it inside a dodge pick up.
LOL! Not so sure I disagree! 😉
Love my old '01!
Mechanically (engine/transmission) the truck is stout as ever
Cosmetically? Uhhmmm... it could be better. Alot of that is due to neglect on my part early in it's "life".

Kinda like me!
If I had known I was going to live this long, i would have taken better care of myself! 😀!

Back