Illuminated Reticles

noharleyyet

You can't tell from pic but it was late afternoon and overcast when I took this pig at about 80 yards. First time for me to use the firedot...was nice not having to guess where the crosshair was.

One down, one million to go....Good job. Hope you stayed warm.

Lighted reticles??? What kind of uproar are you trying to start on here NHY?? LOL
I need to get back down there, that is tons of fun! Great job, good eats!

Lighted reticles??? What kind of uproar are you trying to start on here NHY?? LOL
I need to get back down there, that is tons of fun! Great job, good eats!

....easy and affordable tag for NR's to draw junkey. :DWe're not stingy.;)

I have used the illuinated reticles in certain countries where situations demand crosshair visibility in the last 5-10 minutes of daylight and they do work well, especially on dark animals in forest situations.
Good you knocked over a pig, in a few days time i got a feeling i might be trying to slip arrows into some myself..

I have one rifle scope with a lit reticle. Have used it in the field! It is quite handy in this scope. It's in a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 NP-R2. The reticle while, very sharp and well defined is quite fine, and having a lit reticle in dark timber can be quite handy.

I have a Mark_4 by leupold in 4.5-14 works pretty good, not sure how it compares to night force in price… Leupold makes a vx-R I think with an illuminated reticle, I'd like to know how they work only around $400 I think.

Shooting pigs looks like it might be way more fun than it ought to be.

Is that pretty normal size for your area?

Yes Randy, fairly normal....this one I guessed around 100. A big (200+) smart sow is what we like to take out.

Shooting pigs looks like it might be way more fun than it ought to be.

Is that pretty normal size for your area?

Pig hunting is an absolute blast here in CA. They are tough little bastards that can be impossible to find and when you do they don't want to stop moving. When they want to go somewhere they just make a bee line to their intended destination at a heavy trot.

This is a bit "Blair Witchey" but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IEYVWqi7KI

I have used the illuinated reticles in certain countries where situations demand crosshair visibility in the last 5-10 minutes of daylight and they do work well, especially on dark animals in forest situations.
Good you knocked over a pig, in a few days time i got a feeling i might be trying to slip arrows into some myself..
And i wish i had one tonight as the deer didn't show until very dark this afternoon!
But as you have experienced in the UK we can shoot much later.
Cheers
Richard

Back