Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

'24 Colorado Rio

Mudranger1

My buddy, his son and I went out on the plains of Colorado for what was the hottest opening weekend (89 degrees Saturday) of Turkey season since I've lived here (15 years). Found 2 groups of birds late Saturday and watched them roost. 1 group had 1 tom and at least 10 hens the other was some jakes and A couple 2-year-old Toms traveling together. Decided the group of gobblers would probably be easier pickings but still field birds give me hell. Walking in heard the first gobble at 5:15. In the dark I somehow blew right by where I planned to sit and actually got to about 50 yards of the roost. backed up about 100 yards and just figured I had blown it all. Set the decoys and began waiting for 5:45 Legal shooting time. The birds kept gobbling and flew down in the corner of the Field a little after 6. Slowly made their to us . My friend was set up about 10 yards to my left and when they got to about 30 yards, one broke far enough away to the right from the group, I figured that was our chance for separate shots. I told him to shoot which he took too long :ROFLMAO: my shot crumpled the bird I was aiming at. his missed or from what it sounds like wasn't really aiming to begin with🤷‍♂️ anyways...first opening weekend bird for me. We didn't hear anything after that but there were people at every other spot we checked. Still plenty of time

PXL_20240414_121605593~2.jpg

and another wonderfully produced video

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back