Idaho points system.

6speed

HO145 would change the law to read that the F&G "shall" implement a points draw system.

Seems like every year the last three years it has come up. Every year sportsman say no. Do you know if this one is for both the NR and R?

What a bummer. I think Idaho has the best system going.

there would be pro's and cons to this, but I am otherwise happy with how things are set up here in the spud state for draws...

There are very few if any pro's I can think of.

Contact your reps, lets get this bad idea shelved again.

No pros to a point system. I support wait listing. If you draw a tag in a unit that had 20 applicants for 2 tags then 20/2 = 10...you wait 10 years to apply again. You can get a tag if are leftovers, just not in the main draw. Wait listing that varies by the demand for the tag rather than a blanket wait list by species will help spread around tag demand within a species.

Just emailed all the committee members to voice my opposition.

Even if you want some kind of a point system, this is the wrong way to go about it. Idaho sportsmen have said no to the idea before so, forcing it on us by legislation is a slimy way to circumvent the will of the majority.

I vote nay. I would like to see the 2nd draw restricted to youths and seniors (I am neither).

Just battled the same thing in Wyoming.

Good luck.

Oh, and you'll likely be talking to a bunch of committee members that dont hunt...really "dumb" down your emails so they understand it.

Also, ask them to provide proof that a point system is wanted by the majority of sportsmen.

You're going to hear all kinds of lies, half-truths, and plain bullchit why a point system is needed.

If you can, definately try to kill it in committee.

Sen Perry?
So what is her agenda? Doesn't look like she is sitting on any committee.
Would think she could have gotten on the ed committe?

Legislative Term: 2
Born 6/4/68, Ankara, Turkey; businesswoman; bachelor's degree in political science, master's degree in public administration, Boise State University; Top Ten Scholar finalist and Distinguished Honors Award, BSU; family: husband Matt and three children

I had read that Perry is the main instigator. http://legislature.idaho.gov/legislation/2013/H0145.htm

"The purpose of this legislation is to instruct the Idaho Department of Fish and Game to implement a bonus point system for controlled hunts. The current statue, IC 36-104, in essence states the Idaho Department of Fish and Game "may" establish the rules and procedures necessary to creat a bonus point system. This legislation will simply change the word "may" to "shall." It is amazing how by just changing one word, from "May" to "Shall", the writer of this bill has taken away all authority from the Fish and Game with regard to doing the People's will.

Oldest trick in the book...and I tried to get the hunting public in Wyoming to recognize that just a few weeks ago.

I've seen negotiations of a single word in contract language drag on for hours....

Bottom line is hunters have got to get organized and fight these things.

No pros to a point system. I support wait listing. If you draw a tag in a unit that had 20 applicants for 2 tags then 20/2 = 10...you wait 10 years to apply again. You can get a tag if are leftovers, just not in the main draw. Wait listing that varies by the demand for the tag rather than a blanket wait list by species will help spread around tag demand within a species.
I disagree with a wait list, especially using that type of formula. Draw odds change too often. The totally random system currently in place is as fair as fair gets IMO. Sure you can be unlucky, but you might not!

I've already emailed my senator and the committee. It's as fair now as it will ever get. Hopefully we can get ghis killed

Oldest trick in the book...and I tried to get the hunting public in Wyoming to recognize that just a few weeks ago.

I've seen negotiations of a single word in contract language drag on for hours....

Bottom line is hunters have got to get organized and fight these things.

I have two representatives on the Resource committee. I met with both to voice my opposition. IOGA has already met with some Resource members to voice its disapproval of the bill. ISCAC is also opposed and having its members voice their concerns. From my two meetings, it appears the against voice is very loud at this time.

Back