Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming Sheep Point Thought

What's crazy is that over 2,000 NR bought their first sheep point last year. That's either extreme optimism or extreme ignorance. I can't really call it dishonest for Wyoming to sell points to people even though they will never draw a tag because the information is readily available on the website. However, I do think it would be better for Wyoming to convert all Sheep and moose points to bonus points and go to a random draw where no more points can be accumulated. If they are worried about lost revenue make the cost of applying the same as the cost of a point. Hunters have already demonstrated that they will pay $150 for no chance, they should be dumb enough to pay $150 for miniscule chance, right?

I don't have any aspirations of hunting sheep in Wyoming under the current system. If it went to random draw I might be dumb enough to apply.

What's crazy is that over 2,000 NR bought their first sheep point last year. That's either extreme optimism or extreme ignorance. I can't really call it dishonest for Wyoming to sell points to people even though they will never draw a tag because the information is readily available on the website. However, I do think it would be better for Wyoming to convert all Sheep and moose points to bonus points and go to a random draw where no more points can be accumulated. If they are worried about lost revenue make the cost of applying the same as the cost of a point. Hunters have already demonstrated that they will pay $150 for no chance, they should be dumb enough to pay $150 for miniscule chance, right?

I don't have any aspirations of hunting sheep in Wyoming under the current system. If it went to random draw I might be dumb enough to apply.
I think the evidence is pretty high that most hunters are plain dumb.

Honestly, I wouldn't care if the NR draw went to bonus points.

No way for the Resident draw, keep it as is. Lots of tags for both moose and sheep are going to Residents with way less than max points. Plus, plenty of opportunity for a Resident to snag a random tag.

I have no problem with late to the party idiots continuing to buy useless sheep and moose points in WY. In a few years they will wise up and quit, as they are replaced with an even greater number of new idiots. Easiest money a state ever made. Hope its put to a good use!

Honestly, I wouldn't care if the NR draw went to bonus points.

No way for the Resident draw, keep it as is. Lots of tags for both moose and sheep are going to Residents with way less than max points. Plus, plenty of opportunity for a Resident to snag a random tag.
Buddies co worker got one last year first year as a resident

I was off on that, latest total salary $426,151. Yes, insane...
Looked up my favorite non-profit, RMEF, same thing. Makes me second guess the organizations I donate to to be honest. I think they still do good work. But our dollars to acres could go a lot further if those extra couple hundred k were spent elsewhere....

I curse my mother and father for not starting to buy points for me while I was in utero. Bad parents

Looked up my favorite non-profit, RMEF, same thing. Makes me second guess the organizations I donate to to be honest. I think they still do good work. But our dollars to acres could go a lot further if those extra couple hundred k were spent elsewhere....

those mailers they send out... i hate to think how much paid time and materials go into those mother effing mailers.

i swear my entire membership every year is cancelled out by the seven sheets of return address labels, 3 little note pads, and a couple sight in targets they send me.

when was the last time anyone ever even sent an envelope in the mail? can't imagine a more worthless thing than personalized return address labels

for crying out loud

I use mine several times a year.

good thing they send you several x 20 every year ;)

i've sent like 5 envelopes in the mail in the last decade, 3 of those last year and that was only because my home insurance checks had to get endorsed by that durn mortgage company.

good thing they send you several x 20 every year ;)

i've sent like 5 envelopes in the mail in the last decade, 3 of those last year and that was only because my home insurance checks had to get endorsed by that durn mortgage company.

I live in Washington, who cares so much about my possible gambling addiction, that I have to mail in all my hunt raffle ticket orders.
Why they continue to send them to me is curious, as I am not a member.

those mailers they send out... i hate to think how much paid time and materials go into those mother effing mailers.

i swear my entire membership every year is cancelled out by the seven sheets of return address labels, 3 little note pads, and a couple sight in targets they send me.

when was the last time anyone ever even sent an envelope in the mail? can't imagine a more worthless thing than personalized return address labels

for crying out loud
Christmas cards.
I don't even belong to RMEF, but I haven't bought RALs for years due to the generosity of the members.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back