Idaho hates NRs.

I hunt Idaho for archery elk and have no problem with the added cost ,I have a great place to hunt great time of the year and compaired to most activities its still a bargan
place at the beach in deleware 2500 to 3000 a week
tuna n marlin boat charter 3000
650 for an elk tag yup Im ok with that you figure I own my gear and cost of gas n food still a deal for 10 days in the mtns oh and a truck these days 50,60,70 k that buys a lot of tags lol
Im not a rich guy just tryin to look at the big picture on what other things cost

You seem hell bent on hammering that phrase into a round hole, brother. The deer in question belong to the residents of Idaho, and Wisconsin's whitetail belong to you, Your Majesty. Don't get me wrong, I understand your point, but neither are obligated in any way to make sure non residents are able to fulfill their dream hunt. As with most things in life, it isn't fair and it never will be. Choose to stand your ground, but that ground is a damn long way from Idaho and your odds of influencing the state agency are considerably less than pulling a WI elk tag.
I dare every state west of the Mississippi to eliminate every single non-resident tag. You don't want to really see the results do you? It would be a catastrophic event. Those dreams that the NR have is extremely important to the future of our wildlife in this nation, across all states.

I dare every state west of the Mississippi to eliminate every single non-resident tag. You don't want to really see the results do you? It would be a catastrophic event. Those dreams that the NR have is extremely important to the future of our wildlife in this nation, across all states.
Hell I'll double down. Eliminate it and Randy's platform and net worth become zero...Randy is showing the dream. Living the dream. Proving to all of us that its out there for us to seek.

Nah,, we'll just lobby the legislature to raise the price.

As to elk being the king's deer. Well by consensus, elk hunting is about the best big game hunting widely available. It is however in shorter supply than being able to fulfill the dreams of every midwestern deer hunter. If elk hunting is important enough to some one,, they will find a way.

I am not alone in having moved to a western state as a young man,,largely to be able to hunt big game. I'd wager there are many thousands who have done it also.
Given the generally lower wages available, my elk tags likely cost me far more in lost wages each year than an $800 elk tag.

I am not alone in having moved to a western state as a young man,,largely to be able to hunt big game. I'd wager there are many thousands who have done it also.
Given the generally lower wages available, my elk tags likely cost me far more in lost wages each year than an $800 elk tag.
I hear ya there. Yet when a NR posts on this forum that they are moving out west for the reason of big game hunting, the meme and slandering begins! There is just no way to win on these topics with those that live in these big game paradises. They want their cake and eat it too, and not shared with anyone else, want it to be baked for them and they want it free too.

I hear ya there. Yet when a NR posts on this forum that they are moving out west for the reason of big game hunting, the meme and slandering begins! There is just no way to win on these topics with those that live in these big game paradises. They want their cake and eat it too, and not shared with anyone else, want it to be baked for them and they want it free too.

Why would anyone be dissuaded from living their life in the manner they want by some internet chatter.

Do I really need to waste time setting that strawman on fire?

Also, Randy's a fine CPA, by all accounts. I'm sure his "net worth" will never be 0...

$1,321 for a WY general tag. That's brutal, although I'll still pay it when I go in 2021.

As someone mentioned above, I think all these states are gonna eat crow during the next solid recession.
Wyoming will still sell every tag it has even if they raise the price even higher than it is. There will always be a non resident with more money than the average non resident. No tags will go unsold.

Supply and demand.

Like one guy from a group of Coloradoians said as they headed out to leave from a campsite near us in the Routt nf, thanks for supporting our resource management, half joking and half serious. He was a good guy and so was the group he was with.

Costs money to run a game department. Nr are low hanging fruit. If it was cheaper, there be more demand and tags would be harder to get. Sucks it's not free, but nothing you want to do is. Except maybe knitting or gardening.

They don't hate nr, but they like our money.

Even though Idaho raised tag and license fees, I do believe our NR tags sold out again for the second year in a row FWIW
the raise is for next year. I would bet with near certainty that the raise in cost isn't going to prevent that from happening next year. It sold out super early this year and maybe next year it just takes a month longer to do so.

the raise is for next year. I would bet with near certainty that the raise in cost isn't going to prevent that from happening next year. It sold out super early this year and maybe next year it just takes a month longer to do so.
If they cut the number of tags they will sell out quicker. There will be fingers on the send buttons as soon as they open up.

I would much rather the fish and game commission come up with a better "non-resident" program to keep the prices more affordable to the working person and make it a more fair opportunity (maybe an all draw) for everyone and not just for those who can pay to play. But it is run as a business and profit is what the market will bare and fair is not a consideration. IMO.

That's a sweet deal! I just spent $126 in South Carolina for Combination license, 1 bear tag, 5 deer tags, 3 turkey tags, state waterfowl stamp, and federal waterfowl stamp.
Just out of curiosity. How much of that S.Carolina has public access? Wout having to lease land or owning land / having family friends to give access, A non-resident traveling there....realistically how much public lands hunting can we do? **same question applies to most easter states. Thnx

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back