Idaho hates NRs.

I can't read that link as we are prohibited in the UK, but I can guess it won't be good news for NR hunters, oh well I'll have to stick to Montana if/when I return.
Cheers
Richard

I can't read that link as we are prohibited in the UK, but I can guess it won't be good news for NR hunters, oh well I'll have to stick to Montana if/when I return.
Cheers
Richard

“Most notably, the costs for elk and deer hunting are going up dramatically, which are the two most profitable areas for Idaho Fish and Game. An elk tag for a nonresident hunter would cost $650. A fishing license would cost about $106.”

It looks like Idaho is moving forward to restrict non-resident opportunities and prices.

Everything I'm finding (including the email from F&G) only mentions the price increase, and not any tag number changes. Is there another bill other than 330 that changes tag allocations in any way?

Some of the worst overcrowding I've seen has been in Idaho during general seasons. I have a hard time faulting the residents for looking to changes things in some way.

Everything I'm finding (including the email from F&G) only mentions the price increase, and not any tag number changes. Is there another bill other than 330 that changes tag allocations in any way?

Some of the worst overcrowding I've seen has been in Idaho during general seasons. I have a hard time faulting the residents for looking to changes things in some way.

Legislature sets pricing. IDFG allocates tags. IDFG is slowly capping NRs, unit by unit, to 10% of residents.

57% increase in the cost of an elk tag. Jeez... As a lifelong ID resident who now lives in OR, I have to shake my head. I've yet to see the price increase for deer tags but wonder if we can't expect a similar bump. I guess they just wanna push NR to Montana or Wyoming.

As a idaho resident I say it's about time prices are raised. Elk is still cheaper than pretty much every other state after the increase for non residents. It's been dirt cheap for years while every other state has reaped financial benefits of NR elk hunting market.
I have many family and friends come from out of state every year to hunt and they completely understand when they look at options in other states.

“Most notably, the costs for elk and deer hunting are going up dramatically, which are the two most profitable areas for Idaho Fish and Game. An elk tag for a nonresident hunter would cost $650. A fishing license would cost about $106.”
Those prices are still cheaper than Montana NR tags...getting tougher for the blue-collar guys to go hunting out there. It almost seems like they don't want the NR hunters. It's kind of like bidding a job really high because you don't really want it, but if you get it it'll be well worth it...JMO.

Ya'll can come to PA and shoot a whitetail buck, 2 turkeys and hunt all the small game you want for $101.90!

I buy the Idaho Sportsman package for $124.25

RESIDENTS ONLY - The Sportsman's Package includes all rights and privileges associated with a Resident Adult Combination License plus tags for deer, elk, bear, mountain lion, wolf, turkey, salmon and steelhead. Archery and muzzleloader are validated on the license.

Those prices are still cheaper than Montana NR tags...getting tougher for the blue-collar guys to go hunting out there. It almost seems like they don't want the NR hunters. It's kind of like bidding a job really high because you don't really want it, but if you get it it'll be well worth it...JMO.

Ya'll can come to PA and shoot a whitetail buck, 2 turkeys and hunt all the small game you want for $101.90!

and throw in a bear tag for $30.

i keep dreaming of going west but then PA opens up more opportunities with the early bear season, bear in deer, ect...

I love Idaho due to having some history there. I'd love to back and hunt there even if it did kick my butt last year lol. But with price increases, and the fact that I'm potentially driving through or past Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, etc. to get there, it loses some appeal. It may stay as a fall back state but it's hard to say.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back