MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

I think I'm going to do it : Bergara B-14 Hunter in 7mm-08

F250

I am very close to ordering one of these. The Bergara Ridge seems a bit barrel heavy for me, and doesn't come in 7mm-08. I do not want a Tikka. Fine rifles, but not for me. This will mostly be a Whitetail Deer rifle, but not ruling out elk also. Shots under 300 yards. Considering mounting a Trijicon AccuPoint 3-9X or 2.5-12.5 (I have each of those on other rifles). My wife shoots a 7mm-08 also. I do not reload but it appears more ammo is becoming available now. What do you think ?

I am very close to ordering one of these. The Bergara Ridge seems a bit barrel heavy for me, and doesn't come in 7mm-08. I do not want a Tikka. Fine rifles, but not for me. This will mostly be a Whitetail Deer rifle, but not ruling out elk also. Shots under 300 yards. Considering mounting a Trijicon AccuPoint 3-9X or 2.5-12.5 (I have each of those on other rifles). My wife shoots a 7mm-08 also. I do not reload but it appears more ammo is becoming available now. What do you think ?
I liked mine and it shot great. 2 things I would do with it when you get it. Locktite the knob on the bolt handle. Then go ahead and bed it. The pillars in the stock are flat and have an extremely small contact with the action. Mine was constantly moving and throwing shots. Bedded it and my random flyers went away.

I liked mine and it shot great. 2 things I would do with it when you get it. Locktite the knob on the bolt handle. Then go ahead and bed it. The pillars in the stock are flat and have an extremely small contact with the action. Mine was constantly moving and throwing shots. Bedded it and my random flyers went away.
I was looking at one too, but I am curious if you have any other thoughts on the stock. The design of the barrel channel worries me it could collect and hold a lot of debris and moisture in adverse conditions.

091AEFD9-4420-4FE9-A065-DFC16E24890F.jpeg

I was looking at one too, but I am curious if you have any other thoughts on the stock. The design of the barrel channel worries me it could collect and hold a lot of debris and moisture in adverse conditions.

View attachment 251202
I didn’t notice anything else about it I would change. It felt good in my hands. They are a good gun for the price point. I would feel confident in buying another.

I would not blame you for getting one of these rifles. I'd be considering them before an Actual Remington for the prices of them.
I got their B14R Trainer in .22LR (matches the HMR) last december and I fell in love with them,

If the rifle fits You, then Go forth and slay many, many critters !

Right here/Right know, a 7/08 is more capable than you are in about 99.75% of the time....

I've had one for about five years now and right out of the box it shot better than I can. Only issue I had with mine is that the bluing seemed kind of shotty and was prone to rust quite easily. Had it cerakoted though--problem solved. They're sweet rifles.

My dad purchased a B14 in 7mm Mag. I used it last weekend on a deer hunt. A little heavier, yes, but a great rifle. He had his bedded and it shoots clover leaves, easily. Probably going to pick one up for myself this winter. Thinking either a clone of his in 7mm or getting another 7mm-08.

No experience with Bergara...

Trijicon optics are excellent.

7mm08 would make a excellent deer gun and a good elk round out to 400 yards. I'd put it right below the 270 win as far as energy and drop. I was debating between the 7mm08 and 270win. Went with the 270 because of supply was better. But if I wanted a short barrel and ran a suppressor I think the 7mm08 would be perfect.

88D86CEC-DCA2-495F-A52B-F9788C22A48B.jpegI love mine. Relegated my browning x-bolt to the safe. This is the special purpose so 18” barrel. It’s awesome, very accurate and love the way the bolt flows.(.308)

I bought a Wilderness Ridge last January, and it is absolutely lights out. I shoot factory ammo and I really haven't found anything it doesn't like. I can't speak highly enough of Bergara (especially their barrels) and the accuracy you get for the money. Like @Addicting mentioned, I too put a little LocTite on the bolt knob. And it's a bit heavier than the Hunter model you're looking at, but I think you'll have quite a shooter in a lighter package. It was certainly a big step up from my Browning AB3 Hunter that seems to throw shots all over the darned place.

I've had one for about five years now and right out of the box it shot better than I can. Only issue I had with mine is that the bluing seemed kind of shotty and was prone to rust quite easily. Had it cerakoted though--problem solved. They're sweet rifles.
Second this. The bluing is less durable than other rifles I’ve owned.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back