Caribou Gear Tarp

Anyone own a Bergara B-14 Squared Crest? I’m drooling over one in 7 prc.

2 friends with Bergaras...1 won't shoot the same target twice and had bad customer service and the other shoots in the same hole. Exaggerations but that's from their descriptions. I say nope to Bergara

Very happy with my Bergara and have had great customer service. It’s the old “Ford-Chevy-Dodge” argument. Lots of good stuff on the market. Folks draw their own conclusions on products. Research and personal experience with a given product usually drive choices.

In general savages aren't terrible shooters. I had an issue with one and they fell all over themselves to make it right. Bergara told me to suck it.

I’ll give Savage credit. They’ve added better rifles over the years, but I grew up with them around me. Predominantly they’re made with cheap materials and loose tolerances. They figured out their niche and that’s cool. They make less expensive rifles, and have figured out ways to put some cool window dressings on them.

I’ve only had an issue with a Remington, and will NEVER own one again. I had one of the infamous killer rifles that had their safety fail. I was lucky that it randomly shot into the middle of nowhere. I was even able to repeat it by bumping the stock hard. Remington tried to tell me and others to suck it, we see what happened to them. Hopefully Bergara figures it out.

Personally, I'm still holding out for Tikka to enter the 7PRC world. Just need it to pass CIP standards in Europe and I'm guessing they'll join in on the action after that. Shot Show? Fingers are crossed. If not, I'll be looking harder into a Seekins. I'd rather spend Tikka $ though.

Personally, I'm still holding out for Tikka to enter the 7PRC world. Just need it to pass CIP standards in Europe and I'm guessing they'll join in on the action after that. Shot Show? Fingers are crossed. If not, I'll be looking harder into a Seekins. I'd rather spend Tikka $ though.

What model of Seekins? I love my tuned up Tikka Wideland Veil, but I’m weird and don’t want the same rifle… I don’t like the white version, ugly. Anyone shoot Fierce?

I see that guys are buying bare Tikka actions and spinning a 7PRC barrel on them but I know a Factory Tikka would save some big $ and would be a shooter.

What model of Seekins? I love my tuned up Tikka Wideland Veil, but I’m weird and don’t want the same rifle… I don’t like the white version, ugly. Anyone shoot Fierce?
I like the weight of the Element, but I like the price of the PH2. I'd likely go PH2 for this reason and the fact that a little extra weight wouldn't be a bad thing for my wife when she's shooting. As for Fierce, I have heard too many mixed reviews to go that route. If I got to that point, I'd just do a semi-custom build on a Tikka action. There are some FB groups that have a lot of good information, but I'll always take those opinions with a grain of salt.

Is the 7 PRC having the same clicker issues that the other PRCs have?

For some reason the used gun rack at the Billings Scheel’s is absolutely crammed full of Bergaras and Christensens. Maybe just because they’re the flavor of the month, but I was surprised.

For some reason the used gun rack at the Billings Scheel’s is absolutely crammed full of Bergaras and Christensens. Maybe just because they’re the flavor of the month, but I was surprised.
I know 3 guys with Christensen and 2 have been sent in to be rebarreled and the third they told him that since he put a suppressor on it they won’t stand behind the warranty it was threaded from factory

@BackofBeyond and others have kept me centered. Why do we look toward the unknown and different when I know what works?

I’m going to wait on Tikka. I love my two Tikkas. They are straight shooters and I have had zero issues with either. I also like the easy customization of Tikkas. I hope they chamber the Wideland or Alpine is 7 prc soon, and I’ll customize from there. I’ll bed it, add the vertical grip, add all the Mountain Tactical goodies and go. My Wideland Veil in 6.5 cm is my favorite rifle I have ever owned. Everyone that shoots it buys one. It was the easiest rifle to reload for too.

Or… I may build up a full-custom Tikka…

@BackofBeyond and others have kept me centered. Why do we look toward the unknown and different when I know what works?

I’m going to wait on Tikka. I love my two Tikkas. They are straight shooters and I have had zero issues with either. I also like the easy customization of Tikkas. I hope they chamber the Wideland or Alpine is 7 prc soon, and I’ll customize from there. I’ll bed it, add the vertical grip, add all the Mountain Tactical goodies and go. My Wideland Veil in 6.5 cm is my favorite rifle I have ever owned. Everyone that shoots it buys one. It was the easiest rifle to reload for too.

Or… I may build up a full-custom Tikka…

Unknown Munitions has two in stock.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back