Hunting Film (Good Elk Story)

mr_steve

Hey guys,

I was fortunate enough to film an elk hunt for a friend that I had, at the time, just recently met. Last summer I moved to the Yakima, WA area and knew nobody. In order to meet people, I volunteered to document this hunt for fun and get to know some areas. Turned out to be a very special day for him and his family. I think you will enjoy the story about a guy who genuinely puts his family first and sacrificed a lot of hunting for himself so his family could.

If you hunt with family you will probably be able to relate to this (may even be a tear jerker for some!). I am hoping people who don't hunt may watch this and see some of the deeper meaning of why people hunt.

Just to be clear I ran this by Randy and received his approval. Hope you enjoy! Feel free to share as I think it holds a great message.

Steve

http://youtu.be/7p8cUA0Okko

Great video. I got to shoot around Luke and got to hunt with him once when I lived in Yakima. He's a good guy

Great video. I got to shoot around Luke and got to hunt with him once when I lived in Yakima. He's a good guy

Luke is an awesome guy. Learned a ton from him last fall. Genuinely does it for the love of hunting.

I actually watch this video earlier today. Always watch the newest archery elk videos daily. Anyway, we'll done on the video and the hunt. It was nice to see him kill a nice bull after so long.

Nice video, lot of emotions pinned up for 40yrs, happy for him!

Enjoyed it also. Nice to see more than the kill. Hunting is all about family time for us so we will be taking my 73 yr old father on his first western hunt this year if we draw a WY antelope tag :) Your video reminded me why we do this, Thanks!

Great video, I wasn't expecting that level of professionalism, turned out very nice. Your video is going to be a special reminder of that hunt for that family for years and years.

Great video Steve. You captured the essence of that hunt very well. Not only does he have his bull after 40 years, he and his family can relive that moment over and over again with this video. Well done to everyone involved!

Great story, and definitely could tell it was an emotional moment for him. I've known the feeling before, as I'm guessing we all have! Awesome!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back