Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunting camp beer let's see 'em

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Our hunt camp runs the gamete on different beers, from crafts to Coors. I enjoy a red beer with a little spicy tom while I’m processing in camp. My go to is usually Fall River cuz I know the owner and get some breakage on occasion lol.
View attachment 154135

That being said, I usually have a shot of WW around the fire ring at night instead if we are in base camp.👍🏻

View attachment 154137
Has the WW gotten any better? I tried it about four or five years ago and wasn't too impressed.

Has the WW gotten any better? I tried it about four or five years ago and wasn't too impressed.

I like Bulleit and also bring Knob Creek but have got a buddy from Bondurant that always sends me some WW for my birthday and it ends up in hunting camp, I think it’s improved over the years. Funny thing is when he brings a bottle it’s typically Tin Cup🥃

Miller Lite, Coors Light, Coors Banquet are the mainstays. I did have one in Gardiner a couple years ago I think it was called Moose Snot and I recall it being good.

I’m assuming that’s the 10 barrel one, it’s decent, I really like their cucumber crush.

lol... good call, you know your beer territories🍺. They put out a pretty good brew there but it’s getting a little too thick in the millennial dept. so we usually head over to Boneyard these days (I’m a Hop Venom fan) or stick closer to home at Wild Ride

Grainbelt and Nordeast is my favorite, but I also like to try the micro brews, some days IPA's, Lagers, and this time of year Oktoberfest

I'm pretty set in my ways so I stick to what I know and like. I've tried some of those IPA's and several micro brews but just didn't like any of them. Guess I'm just a beer wimp. :sneaky:

UTB8wAG_iv2JXKJkSanrq6y3lVXaw_1024x1024_5c49e4cf-0b91-4923-b344-5f544ab480d9_1024x1024.jpg

Our camp all drink the standard canned light beer variations, though there's a couple of us beer snobs around to have a few micros around and if I feel froggy, I'll bring up a 5-gallon keg of homebrew. We also have some connections with local stores and restaurants have had various "expired" beer donated to us. It's nice to have a variety on hand and it all gets drunk at some point.

Last few Elk Hunts have been pack in so it's been Crown Royal in a coffee cup by the campfire. The micro Craft brew landscape has exploded so much I just look for a Bitter, or a Red ale that's local to where I am. I'm growing weary of IPA's and DIPA's

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back