How are you spending your time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
No distancing for me. Apparently, Caterpillar is a "critical" business enough to not have the shelter in place rule in Illinois apply to them. Business as usual! Unless of course you are an office worker. THEN you can stay at home. While I'm glad I'm still getting a paycheck I don't like being told to disregard the rules and show up no matter what everyone else is doing. Because we all know how important a bulldozer is in keeping the country moving! Oy... :rolleyes: 😷

It appears that the governor’s order does not apply to union tradesmen either. I’m a union carpenter in Chicago and we were notified after the governor’s order to shelter in place, that our job would remain open. There is roughly 500 tradesmen on this job which definitely does not fall under the ”essential work” title in my opinion. They have pulled all of the office staff off the site over a week ago so they can work from home and avoid the risk of catching the virus We were later notified on Friday evening that a worker on site has tested positive for the virus and the job site was closed until further notification. I’m Sure the their plan is to clean the site up and get it open as soon as they can. Gotta make their schedule at any cost I guess.

Already cleaned all the rifles, shotguns and pistols. Made some more arrows and doing some archery practice.

Both my wife and I are working still. We are spending our off time painting the inside of the house, working in the yard, I have been getting ready to do some smoking and I put together a quick and portable bench for my reloader. Being that I have just recently moved into my house and have been remodeling it, there is no shortage of things to do to keep me busy on my off days.

Today, got up an hour before sunrise, tried to find a deer, failed, did a bit of reloading, went for a walk with the wife in the countryside, now getting square eyes watching tv.
Tomorrow, not getting up early, bit more reloading, walk with wife, out deer hunting in the evening and try to shoot the fox I missed last week.
Rest of the week, see previous, but I might fit in some running or fly fishing/fly tying if I have time ;)

No social gathering at all, being responsible, keeping ourselves to ourselves.

Last edited:
@noharleyyet still not nearly as good as I was in college. But it's coming together easier each time I sit at the wheel. Gonna finish these this week, and throw the rest of this clay (about 18 pounds) as teapots before moving over to porcelain & attempting some finer forms. Still have 50 pounds of a really groggy clay that I'm going to use for some raku firings we're supposed to have when things let up & we can get back to the kilns.

Life as usual for me. Fencing, harrowing,ditch cleaning and other chores getting ready for cows and irrigation until my fishing charter season starts. We usually go to town every week or two for supplies and a dinner out but have stopped that. Other than those town trips I'm more than happy to stay on the ranch.

@noharleyyet still not nearly as good as I was in college. But it's coming together easier each time I sit at the wheel. Gonna finish these this week, and throw the rest of this clay (about 18 pounds) as teapots before moving over to porcelain & attempting some finer forms. Still have 50 pounds of a really groggy clay that I'm going to use for some raku firings we're supposed to have when things let up & we can get back to the kilns.
Keep it up to, it's looking good!

We got sent home Monday afternoon. The university is down to to critical employees now, so its just the reactor operators and those caring for live animals on campus. I'm trying to stay busy working from home. We'll be way behind on sample collection during insect emergence, but whatever new hires we get for the summer are going to have a heck of an on boarding packet ready for them.

When I started on boarding was a few modules on lab safety and a drive around the research property, so this has been a project I've been trying to find time to complete for quite a while.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back