Hard to tell the difference between SFW and RMEF these days.

shoots-straight

Well other than the conservation aspects.

Look at this link to a recent News article and tell me what's wrong headed with it. You might want to read the info from the department that came in a link.

Maybe they are using the old SFW cash cow of crying wolf for membership.

Wolf Hyperbole out of RMEF

Wildlife officials in Idaho estimate there are more than 1,000 wolves in the state as of January 2020. That figure is more than 600 percent larger than minimum recovery goals of 150 wolves and 15 packs initially established for the population.

This will surely cause some hand wringing. Maybe I should return my elk tag.

A bit disappointing coming from RMEF, but plays right into the wolf hysteria.

Last edited:
Or 1/5 of the population, if you actually read the data, died due to humans based on that report.
Thanks for reading it. I had errored the total number so I went back and fixed it.
Yes I had read it and painted the whole number with one brush. Regardless. 1/3 had died, yes?

I saw the IDFG article and instantly knew that a lot of people would take it as proof of skyrocketing wolf numbers in Idaho. There really is no comparison between this new estimate and past estimates. The estimates in the past were based on radio collared wolves and direct sightings. This new method of measurement establishes a new baseline and will only be valuable when compared to future estimates.

It's great to see them trying to get a better handle on actual wolf population #'s versus "minimum recovery goal" in excess rough #'s. With a concerted effort for actual #'s, ID will have a better grip on the increase, decrease or steady #'s.

Win, win. ;)

Probably a stupid question but what is the SFW?

Lots of info on HuntTalk about this organization. Found this one thru the search function. You could read for days, but I think this one might help you understand how they purport to represent hunters and wildgame in wild places, but maybe not so much.......

Well other than the conservation aspects.

Look at this link to a recent News article and tell me what's wrong headed with it. You might want to read the info from the department that came in a link.

Maybe they are using the old SFW cash cow of crying wolf for membership.

Wolf Hyperbole out of RMEF
You sure made an eye catching title for your post. However, I think you are comparing apples to baseballs by comparing the two organizations.
I just watched a pretty good video put together by the RMEF. It's on the forced reintroduction effort, in Colorado. Are you for this forced reintroduction?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back