Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hard to tell the difference between SFW and RMEF these days.

And society became civilized, when? We still have stinking wolves in MT for crying out loud. Don’t talk to me about “civilized “.

Time to rally the Mongol hordes.

Yeah, if we could refer to them as Nomadic Asiatic hordes, that would be great, and far less racist.

Jerk.

Ben,

Always two sides, right?

On the topic of wolves and the enduring challenges faced that resulted (for MT/ID) in a bipartisan play to finally enable our two states to manage wolves, here are two sides of the wolf issue.
Appreciative assist from many (yourself included).

Here's the two differing factors between CBD and RMEF. Does RMEF have a dog in this fight? Yep.

RMEF:

This is a win for science over emotion. It’s a win for facts over hysteria. Congress has reaffirmed that state wildlife biologists—not lawyers, judges or animal rights activists—are the best authority in conservation and wildlife management today,” said David Allen, RMEF president and CEO

We’re grateful that Congress has begun the process of rescuing science-based wildlife management from the frivolous lawsuits that have kept America’s proven system of conservation bogged down for years in court proceedings and bureaucracy.

Center for Biological Diversity:

With Democrats like Tester, who needs Republicans?” asked Kierán Suckling, executive director of the Center for Biological Diversity. “Jon Tester’s job creation agenda is concerned with only one job — his own. With the help of the White House and Senate leader Harry Reid, he has sacrificed wolves and the Endangered Species Act to cynical, self-interested politics.”

Tens of millions of dollars were spent building up the wolf population in the northern Rockies and giving wolves a toehold in Washington and Oregon. Now, in one fell swoop, that investment is being swept away. Wolves in Washington and Oregon may disappear in a few years. Those in the northern Rockies will begin plummeting and may be lost in a few decades,” said Suckling.

And both of those statements you've offered have their own bias and lack of contextual truth.
A bias is a given. The organizations are there specifically for their bias.

*I don't see the "contextual truth" in the Center For Biological Diversity statements... Care to point them out?

Wolves gone in a few years? Wolves gone in a few decades? Gotta say, Ben... I don't see it though I'm sure one could flip anything to present something of "contextual truth" within.

As a conservation minded hunter, RMEF is far from a SFW setting.

RMEF has always pushed in support of hunters and conservation minded people for State management, not the extermination.

However, as mentioned, to each his / her own.

A bias is a given. The organizations are there specifically for their bias.

*I don't see the "contextual truth" in the Center For Biological Diversity statements... Care to point them out?

Wolves gone in a few years? Wolves gone in a few decades? Gotta say, Ben... I don't see it though I'm sure one could flip anything to present something of "contextual truth" within.

As a conservation minded hunter, RMEF is far from a SFW setting.

RMEF has always pushed in support of hunters and conservation minded people for State management, not the extermination.

However, as mentioned, to each his / her own.

Charles,

I said they both lack contextual truth. Not that they had it.

Oak's found your mongrel horde's theme song. @BigHornRam 😄
Listening to that, I fear it was an Ozzy Ozbourne record played backwards...
Lacking contextual truth, Christianity would claim that *might be satanic sounding... Haha!

Woof war is present on a national/global scale due to Center For Biological Diversity, Sierra Club, Defenders of Wildlife, Earth Justice, Patagonia Actionworks funded organizations...

They reach a global naive cauldron of wolf lovers and their $$$ to directly oppose State management, hunting, trapping and even State employed/contracted, "assassin's", as one organization declares.

RMEF, among a few others battle for quality management of the wolf populations.

Hence the ENTIRE point of their media about Idaho's valued step to enhance counts for a more effective identification of increase, decrease of wolf numbers.

To each his/her own though.
Exactly.

Man, a guy goes back to work and gets labeled a racist jerk as soon as he turns his back.

I am not the kind of guy who would ever resort to passive aggressive tactics to prove he’s a better man.

Rather, in the spirit of Luke 6:28, I will reply to your cursing with an ancient Arabian blessing. “May the fleas of a thousand camels inhabit your (wolf hugging, pinko, commie) armpits.😼

"coexisted in relative balance"

There is no balance. Nature is not balanced. Nature is in flux only reaching temporary states of equilibrium. No longer taught in ecology classes for quite a while. Mech the wolf researcher suggested famously that his Isle Royale wolves and moose would keep populations steady and in balance after 5 years of observation. Then populations skyrocketed and crashed, Mech became a firm believer that nature is not balanced. Wildlife management attempts to keep populations in at somewhat steady number, and given all they deal with they do pretty well.

Still reading through comments.

Not sure about other states but elk certainly weren't forced on W Virginia. RMEF put in tons of time, working with county level representatives for their blessing to reintroduce elk. Pushing through a ballot initiative at the state level where the people voting are not the people whose crops are getting eaten is forced, when you can get local ag to agree to reintroduction it's cooperative. Elk introduction is an example of large mammal reintroduction done right. Local volunteers, national funding via a private group, true buy in from locals prior to any sort of reintroduction.

Not sure why all of you are down on RMEF. I'd say from reading popular facebook groups of western hunters RMEF is broadly representative of western big game hunters, might be why membership is so high.

"coexisted in relative balance"

There is no balance. Nature is not balanced. Nature is in flux only reaching temporary states of equilibrium. No longer taught in ecology classes for quite a while. Mech the wolf researcher suggested famously that his Isle Royale wolves and moose would keep populations steady and in balance after 5 years of observation. Then populations skyrocketed and crashed, Mech became a firm believer that nature is not balanced. Wildlife management attempts to keep populations in at somewhat steady number, and given all they deal with they do pretty well.

Still reading through comments.

Not sure about other states but elk certainly weren't forced on W Virginia. RMEF put in tons of time, working with county level representatives for their blessing to reintroduce elk. Pushing through a ballot initiative at the state level where the people voting are not the people whose crops are getting eaten is forced, when you can get local ag to agree to reintroduction it's cooperative. Elk introduction is an example of large mammal reintroduction done right. Local volunteers, national funding via a private group, true buy in from locals prior to any sort of reintroduction.

Not sure why all of you are down on RMEF. I'd say from reading popular facebook groups of western hunters RMEF is broadly representative of western big game hunters, might be why membership is so high.

Do you know what elk shoulder seasons are in Montana and understand why some are concerned that RMEF is noticeably absent in the discussion of the future of shoulder seasons?

Back