Guide or resident needed for non resident to hunt in Wyoming.

But for the fact you don't even apply for tags here.
I thought it doesn't matter if someone does or doesn't hunt an area. You are supposed to push for hunter access right? Fight for opportunity no matter where you hunt?

Or did that take change for this conversation?

I thought it doesn't matter if someone does or doesn't hunt an area. You are supposed to push for hunter access right? Fight for opportunity no matter where you hunt?

Or did that take change for this conversation?
You have all the opportunity you want to hunt wilderness in Wyoming, not telling you how again.

There's nothing to fight for, you already have it.

I haven't hunted in Wyoming, ever since moving west as a young man.

The only hunt that would intrigue me, at all, is elk hunting in the Thorofare. I have the horses and the expertise to take care of myself in the wilderness. So, I've only briefly day dreamed about doing it.

Suggesting that hiking in an area compares to hunting it is really disingenuous. We all should know that there is an element that is present when hunting, that just does not exist any other time. A couple of years ago, I took my niece horseback riding deep into the backcountry of YNP. It was quite a trip, but it wasn't the same as being in really wild country, with hunting as the purpose.

This law is one of many that across many states and provinces that shows how incestuous the relationship is between the Fish and Game departments and the outfitters in their jurisdiction.

It is not likely that any of it will change. It would be great if resident hunters would try to overturn bogus laws, that only apply to non resident hunters. That is not how it generally works, so we end up with with unfair laws that benefit a special interest.

But for the fact you don't even apply for tags here.
You're an intelligent guy, Buzz though ffs, you're not quite getting the following:
1. I'm not able to enter U.S. Wilderness Designated Areas to hunt big game (the tags I would apply) because Wyoming residents maintain exclusivity welfare to hunt and with the WYOGA folk. Combined, it stops my interest to hunt some of those amazing areas.

There is nothing more amazing than the Narrows or Thorofare! My hunt intent to kill is second to my enjoyment of OUR PUBLIC backcountry hunting wilderness lands. Getting out there and experiencing the areas I worked would be a Bucket List that one day I will likely take up the Resident HT member offers to join.

In the meantime, Wyoming residents and WYOGA are wrong on their ownership of our public lands for private hunt rights on our public lands.
And due to this, I'll continue to grind this axe as people bring axes on other outstanding issues hostile to the Backcountry Hunters.

If I didn't respect the law, I'd shoot for a $100 fine if caught.

Is what it is.

This law is one of many that across many states and provinces that shows how incestuous the relationship is between the Fish and Game departments and the outfitters in their jurisdiction.
This law was passed by the legislature. I hope you realize that WOGA has sued the department on multiple occasions.

I'd be more on board if this was a commission regulation, but it's state law.

Not that I don't agree with your premise that the department and commission are a bit too comfy...but in the case of the guide law, the department had nothing to do with it.

You're an intelligent guy, Buzz though ffs, you're not quite getting the following:
1. I'm not able to enter U.S. Wilderness Designated Areas to hunt big game (the tags I would apply) because Wyoming residents maintain exclusivity welfare to hunt and with the WYOGA folk. Combined, it stops my interest to hunt some of those amazing areas.

There is nothing more amazing than the Narrows or Thorofare! My hunt intent to kill is second to my enjoyment of OUR PUBLIC backcountry hunting wilderness lands. Getting out there and experiencing the areas I worked would be a Bucket List that one day I will likely take up the Resident HT member offers to join.

In the meantime, Wyoming residents and WYOGA are wrong on their ownership of our public lands for private hunt rights on our public lands.
And due to this, I'll continue to grind this axe as people bring axes on other outstanding issues hostile to the Backcountry Hunters.

If I didn't respect the law, I'd shoot for a $100 fine if caught.

Is what it is.
Well, feel free to believe what you want.

The citizens of Wyoming can choose to limit NR hunters as they see fit via hunting regulations and state law.

Not sorry about that.

Plus, there's bigger fish to fry than this as far as public access and wildlife issues here.

If it's that big of an issue for you, the cause needs a leader...get after it, I'll not get in your way.

Well, feel free to believe what you want.

The citizens of Wyoming can choose to limit NR hunters as they see fit via hunting regulations and state law.

Not sorry about that.

Plus, there's bigger fish to fry than this as far as public access and wildlife issues here.

If it's that big of an issue for you, the cause needs a leader...get after it, I'll not get in your way.
Co-Chairman of Wyoming BHA but doesn't want backcountry hunters to hunt the wilderness in WY. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Interesting.

Feel free to move out here, I'll give you my seat and you can be the hero...

Good luck.

You're all talk and no action.
Co-Chairman of Wyoming BHA but doesn't want backcountry hunters to hunt the wilderness in WY. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Interesting.
Think the larger point @BuzzH is making that you keep missing @rjthehunter is that there are larger priorities to work on - and changing this would require giving something up that is worse because of the power of the outfitters in the legislature.

If some of you guys spent less time complaining and more time doing, Buzz wouldn't know what to do with all his new found free time. Stop acting like a bunch of victims.

View attachment 317071
Grats on your retirement, BHR...

Ive heard complaints from WSF on a frequent basis. Actions adverse towards domestic sheep operations still effect, yet still the WSF and RMBS continue "complaining".
All respect for you though check your mirror.

Ive heard complaints from WSF on a frequent basis. Actions adverse towards domestic sheep operations still effect, yet still the WSF and RMBS continue "complaining".
What complaints from WSF have you heard, Charles?

Hey, Sytes, did the wife take the helm on the boat from you and cast off or what? If I had a beautiful new boat like yours I would not be spending my time weakly trying to prevail in debate with Buzz and BHR! 'Just sayin'. (Intended with humor, admiration ... and a bit of boat envy.)

Last edited:
I personally don't like the WY wilderness rule, same as the AK rule that if I want to hunt sheep I would need a family member to go with me. But how I think/feel about these things means absolutely nothing. My feelings as a nonresident are like the points system in "Whose Line is it Anyway?," everything is made up and it doesn't matter. I'm not a citizen of WY or AK. I chose to live in MT because I like the hunting I get to have here, and I've given up quite a bit to stay in MT.

Wildlife is managed by the state for the citizens of that state. As a NR, I have no say and am okay with that. If I have the privilege to hunt these places, I will play by their rules.

This law was passed by the legislature. I hope you realize that WOGA has sued the department on multiple occasions.

I'd be more on board if this was a commission regulation, but it's state law.

Not that I don't agree with your premise that the department and commission are a bit too comfy...but in the case of the guide law, the department had nothing to do with it.

You can bet the outfitting lobby had plenty to do with getting the law passed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back