Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Guide or resident needed for non resident to hunt in Wyoming.

buzz thinks the law is dumb, buzz is more than willing to use his own time to get many NR's into wilderness to hunt, buzz understands that the outfitter lobby holds all the power here and little can be done about it

RJ: buzz get's his jollies on denying NR's public access and places to hunt

:rolleyes:

i thought for sure the chip would've fallen off his shoulder by now.

buzz thinks the law is dumb, buzz is more than willing to use his own time to get many NR's into wilderness to hunt, buzz understands that the outfitter lobby holds all the power here and little can be done about it

RJ: buzz get's his jollies on denying NR's public access and places to hunt

:rolleyes:

i thought for sure the chip would've fallen off his shoulder by now.
I don't really care if buzz does or doesn't want NR hunting wilderness areas. However, since Sytes mentioned it, I've become more interested in BHA's stance on the matter. I clearly have a different train of thought than you do. Stupid laws should be questioned. Not just brushed aside because, "that's just the rule".

To restrict specifically NR hunters on federal land is stupid. Does outfitting make the state more money than NR hunters? Genuine question.

Does anyone know what the ticket is to sign off for a NR hunter to hunt the wilderness then not accompany them? Who does the ticket go to, the Resident, NR, or both?

That's what happens when you start making sense.
Found you some hats on sale you might like.
I don't really care if buzz does or doesn't want NR hunting wilderness areas. However, since Sytes mentioned it, I've become more interested in BHA's stance on the matter. I clearly have a different train of thought than you do. Stupid laws should be questioned. Not just brushed aside because, "that's just the rule".

To restrict specifically NR hunters on federal land is stupid. Does outfitting make the state more money than NR hunters? Genuine question.

Does anyone know what the ticket is to sign off for a NR hunter to hunt the wilderness then not accompany them? Who does the ticket go to, the Resident, NR, or both?
Outfitting makes landowners money, landowners lobby legislators, and round and round it goes.

Attachments

• 1708982317153.png
    1708982317153.png
    587.5 KB · Views: 26
Found you some hats on sale you might like.

Outfitting makes landowners money, landowners lobby legislators, and round and round it goes.
But how do the numbers compare? Also, the landowners don't own wilderness, so what's the benefit to the NR restriction?

I get the outfitters hunting the wilderness, but if hunting is just as good or better elsewhere, why bother with the wilderness? Also why bother with keeping NRs out of it? Guides have a leg up on NR hunters by being there the entire season.

Buzz and Freak, some of us, hunters, crave hunting our special wilderness backcountry areas to the extent of dragging sleds miles upon miles.

Why the great Wilderness calls some though not many? It's simple - ACCESS. How to reach a location, how to pack out from a location.
AND in this setting the State Resident / WYOGA exclusivity to our Wilderness. OUR public backcountry hunters land.

To some here, the "hunt" is simply to kill. To others, it's an opportunity to get out and enjoy the beauty our Wilderness Designated Areas offer!

It's simply really...
@Sytes, I'm not a fan of the law as much as the next guy. I’m just not planning to play victim and not hunt because of it. Plenty of places to hunt and have a true backcountry experience outside of the wilderness boundaries. I also think there are pretty easy avenues to hunt wilderness if I really wanted to. I have a few contacts in Wyoming, with a little planning and effort I feel confident I could make it happen. I hope you guys hold onto your money and apply elsewhere if it’s too big of a hurdle.

I also find the virtue signaling laughable. If you need to be on wilderness grounds to have a true “hunt” then sure we view hunting differently. And yes, I do like to punch my tag when I hunt, shame on me I guess.

I also find the virtue signaling laughable. If you need to be on wilderness grounds to have a true “hunt” then sure we view hunting differently. And yes, I do like to punch my tag when I hunt, shame on me I guess.
Freak,
I shared my value of the hunt that differs from apparently yours. I made no claim yours was any less.
We all have our interests for why we hunt. 😉 in response to another who may be in your camp. It's the nature of human differing interests.

But how do the numbers compare? Also, the landowners don't own wilderness, so what's the benefit to the NR restriction?

I get the outfitters hunting the wilderness, but if hunting is just as good or better elsewhere, why bother with the wilderness? Also why bother with keeping NRs out of it? Guides have a leg up on NR hunters by being there the entire season.
Because it provides an opportunity for guiding and outfitting? And the landowners are in bed with outfitters. You are forced to hire one in private and wilderness because of their lobbying.

Im sure the hunting is good in wildnerness. The reason this doesnt have traction with other NR... the best western hunting is in Wy (r/nr) already.

View attachment 317115
This one just keeps going.
reverse-axe-will-ferrell.gif

Until next time. 😏

Damn a guy for wanting access to more hunting opportunities! What a prick for questioning a stupid rule!

I can't believe virtue signaling made an appearance here because someone prefers a wilderness hunt! It's getting crazy out here.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back