Guide or resident needed for non resident to hunt in Wyoming.

For the record what area do you apply for elk, deer, or pronghorn in Wyoming?

Hunted and enjoyed the hell out of the Bridger-Teton North and southside of Blackrock.

I've spent multiple seasons leading a collective of college kids on cross cut clearing of trails until their seasonal contract expired then routed over to inspecting outfitter and private camps for griz compliance as a whooping GS-5 in the Bridger-Teton Wilderness via horseback routes with my partner. Bringing tard USFS big wigs into Hawks Rest... I'm sure you know (of) Jack Hatch? One of the greatest horse people I've known.
Seven days in, three days off. It was fan-flippin-tastic!
John Lee and his outfitter camp - had some great breakfasts while inspecting their camp. Had to serve summons to people to meet with the District Ranger - It was a blast. Then life settles in and age kicks it's tail.
Routes in/out from YNP/GTNP, Turpin Meadows, Pacific, Togwotee Pass, even through Absaroka than most Wyoming residents have stepped foot on wilderness land.
Worked/lived at the Moran Blackrock Ranger Station under District Ranger Rob St. John.
Winter Snowmobile patrol of the bordering Wilderness and Southside of Blackrock. Routing biologists into locations.

Age, life pushed me out of the Wilderness work - though, I believe it's clear I have no qualms about getting into the Bob, Cabinets, Pintlers w/ and w/o horse, packing out game, etc.

Maybe something worth proposing... reciprocal agreements between states. You offer, we offer - you don't, we don't.

People who complain frequently may do so for a variety of reasons. Some possible explanations for their behavior include:
  1. Attention-seeking: Some individuals may complain excessively in order to draw attention to themselves and elicit sympathy or support from others.
  2. Negative mindset: People who have a consistently negative outlook on life may be more prone to complaining and focusing on the negative aspects of situations.
  3. Lack of coping skills: Some individuals may struggle to effectively cope with stress or adversity, leading them to vent their frustrations through complaining.
  4. Habit: Complaining can become a habitual response for some people, especially if they have learned to express themselves in this way from a young age.
  5. Seeking validation: Complaining may be a way for individuals to seek validation for their feelings or experiences from others.
It's important to remember that everyone has their own reasons for expressing dissatisfaction, and it's not always helpful to judge or criticize them for their behavior. However, if someone's constant complaining becomes overwhelming or negative, it may be worthwhile to gently encourage them to seek more constructive ways of coping with their emotions.

Hunted and enjoyed the hell out of the Bridger-Teton North and southside of Blackrock.

I've spent multiple seasons leading a collective of college kids on cross cut clearing of trails until their seasonal contract expired then routed over to inspecting outfitter and private camps for griz compliance as a whooping GS-5 in the Bridger-Teton Wilderness via horseback routes with my partner. Bringing tard USFS big wigs into Hawks Rest... I'm sure you know (of) Jack Hatch? One of the greatest horse people I've known.
Seven days in, three days off. It was fan-flippin-tastic!
John Lee and his outfitter camp - had some great breakfasts while inspecting their camp. Had to serve summons to people to meet with the District Ranger - It was a blast. Then life settles in and age kicks it's tail.
Routes in/out from YNP/GTNP, Turpin Meadows, Pacific, Togwotee Pass, even through Absaroka than most Wyoming residents have stepped foot on wilderness land.
Worked/lived at the Moran Blackrock Ranger Station under District Ranger Rob St. John.
Winter Snowmobile patrol of the bordering Wilderness and Southside of Blackrock. Routing biologists into locations.

Age, life pushed me out of the Wilderness work - though, I believe it's clear I have no qualms about getting into the Bob, Cabinets, Pintlers w/ and w/o horse, packing out game, etc.

Maybe something worth proposing... reciprocal agreements between states. You offer, we offer - you don't, we don't.
That wasn't the question. Just curious what tags you applied/apply for in Wyoming.

Yes, I know Jack Hatch. Last time I talked with him, he mentioned killing elk right behind blackrock, outside the wilderness.

I was thinking about this last night. Another reason I could see it being in place is not for the people but the animals. Really need some guy on his first big game hunt killing a bull 5-6 miles back into a wilderness and having no clue what to do once it hits the dirt.
I doubt many first time hunters travel 5-6 miles back in to the wilderness...

Aren’t NRs allowed to hunt bison in wilderness areas in WY though?
Pointing out the irony in the rules doesn't work here... They just ignore it! Great point though.

Pointing out the irony in the rules doesn't work here... They just ignore it! Great point though.
Looked good on google earth

I'd love to see other states apply similar restrictions on WY residents until they put pressure on their own state to remove the stupid regulations.

New rule in MT, Wyoming residents are only allowed to hunt within 2 miles of a road...

It makes 0 sense. You can backpack through the wilderness, but no hunting. It's public land right? It seems odd that they can even place such a ridiculous law...
I'm pretty sure almost everyone is already following that rule.

Not doing your research would allow you to recognize that at the time the wilderness guide law passed there was no bison hunting allowed in Wyoming.

Upon further investigation and research, you would recognize that bison are not classified as big or trophy game in the State of Wyoming.

That's the only real irony to your statement.

Bison are being discussed to refute the notion that the wilderness rule is necessary because “elk are big.”

But you knew that, Buzz😉
A fawn mule deer isn't big, animal size has exactly zero to do with the guide law.

You don't have to retain any meat at all from lions, bears, and wolves either.

A fawn mule deer isn't big, animal size has exactly zero to do with the guide law.

You don't have to retain any meat at all from lions, bears, and wolves either.

Yep. That was exactly my point.

You do from bison though, so here we are back to where we started🙃

That wasn't the question. Just curious what tags you applied/apply for in Wyoming.

Yes, I know Jack Hatch. Last time I talked with him, he mentioned killing elk right behind blackrock, outside the wilderness.
That's where he sent me one occasion. Great areas and brook trout ponds.
He's no bull, I had the opportunity to cover for him while he took vacation. I was scared chitless to manage "his" stock while he was gone.

Regarding your question, that is where I would go. Bridger-Teton Wilderness.

That's where he sent me one occasion. Great areas and brook trout ponds.
He's no bull, I had the opportunity to cover for him while he took vacation. I was scared chitless to manage "his" stock while he was gone.

Regarding your question, that is where I would go. Bridger-Teton Wilderness.
But for the fact you don't even apply for tags here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back