Guide or resident needed for non resident to hunt in Wyoming.

I'd love to see other states apply similar restrictions on WY residents until they put pressure on their own state to remove the stupid regulations.

New rule in MT, Wyoming residents are only allowed to hunt within 2 miles of a road...

It makes 0 sense. You can backpack through the wilderness, but no hunting. It's public land right? It seems odd that they can even place such a ridiculous law...
That's because you're confusing wildlife ownership with land ownership.

States can choose to limit access to their wildlife anyway they see fit. Lots of states put limits/regulations on where a tag is valid in regard to things like valid only on private, only valid on public, which drainages you can hunt, etc.

The states can even determine if they want a NR to even be allowed to hunt in their state.

Alaska requires that a NR must have a guide for certain species.

All are hunting regulations, just the way it is.

I'm not wishing for anything, and I'm not saying they should care how they designate it.

Don't you appreciate giving access to hunters...? Tell me why they don't let NRs hunt the wilderness.
They do allow you to hunt wilderness. If you're not an arsehole, you can befriend a Wyoming resident to sign off for you.

If you are an arsehole, you can buy a friend that happens to be an outfitter to take you.

You could also become a resident.

You have options, plenty of them.

They do allow you to hunt wilderness. If you're not an arsehole, you can befriend a Wyoming resident to sign off for you.

If you are an arsehole, you can buy a friend that happens to be an outfitter to take you.

You could also become a resident.

You have options, plenty of them.
Those options are becoming more and more limited by the day to some arseholes.

I would be willing to bet, those crying the most about the wilderness guide law, are the same guys that would never hunt in one even if they could.

I've shot a few bears, 3 buck mule deer, maybe 6 elk, and a bighorn sheep in designated wilderness.

Most of Wyoming's best hunting is not in wilderness.

I would be willing to bet, those crying the most about the wilderness guide law, are the same guys that would never hunt in one even if they could.
Haha! The irony!
I see it now: BHA announcement:

"Only dues paying BHA members who have corner crossed are permitted to involve themselves in the process.
ALL other BHA members are simply crying about corner crossing!"

Come on Buzz... Hah!

I must've hurt your feelings at some point?

You know what I mean. Also you know you can't just "sign off" and let someone hunt wilderness as a resident. You have a lot less "power" than you think you do in that aspect buzz. Don't kid yourself. This conversation was already had.

You know what I mean. Also you know you can't just "sign off" and let someone hunt wilderness as a resident. You have a lot less "power" than you think you do in that aspect buzz. Don't kid yourself. This conversation was already had.
I absolutely know what I can do. It's a free permit, takes less than a minute to complete.

I haven't signed off for many more than a dozen people.

I've shot a few bears, 3 buck mule deer, maybe 6 elk, and a bighorn sheep in designated wilderness.

Most of Wyoming's best hunting is not in wilderness.
I was hung up on the wilderness thing till my buddy that lives in Jackson showed me a picture of his 210” MD and a couple more really nice deer he’s shot and said he’s never set foot in wilderness. I’m not sure what the big fuss is all about. I do know of a few wilderness areas that would be cool to hunt but by no means is it a necessity. Guys just need to stop crying and get after it…

Nah. I don’t get hurt feelings. Just like to rile up the whiners

It’s been spelled out in crayola a hundred plus times and you still seem to know it all. Might not hurt to just listen to some of these guys once in a while. They’ve been at it forever and know more than the most of us combined. It’s pretty simple.

I was hung up on the wilderness thing till my buddy that lives in Jackson showed me a picture of his 210” MD and a couple more really nice deer he’s shot and said he’s never set foot in wilderness. I’m not sure what the big fuss is all about. I do know of a few wilderness areas that would be cool to hunt but by no means is it a necessity. Guys just need to stop crying and get after it…
I think some NRs have this delusional idea they're going to hike into the thorofare and kill a 400 inch bull.

The hunting outside wilderness is phenomenal in Wyoming. Most of it within wilderness isn't anything special.

If I were to win a commission tag it wouldn't be valid for a unit with an acre of wilderness for either deer or elk.

extremely new to your forum. I think i would like to have a beer this buzz guy, but definately would be on opposite sides of the world order. politics aside, he is right, you want to affect state rules on hunting move there and become involved. Personally I lived in Idaho for twenty years and am a fourth generation coloradan. I will go back and hunt colorado because of family. But if you want to hunt somewhere, research and have the desire to go after it. Currently I have eight points in Wyoming for speed goats. I will not just cash them in for a hunt somewhere that is easy to get a tag evenn if it is a trophy unit. I have a desire to hunt a area that I have always wanted to hunt. The red desert area. And so it is wyoming rules and I am bond by them. I am not going to move to wyoming. You people seem think that you have a say in other states rights. I have never heard folks bitch about how in South Dakota you have to put in to hunt waterfowl and the hunting there is on all federal lands (means all tax payer funded refugees) I will play by there rules.

i also said I lived in Idaho for twenty years. play by their rules. I bought the lifetime hunting licsenes and now I dont have to play the december lottery. Point is be invovled in the state, nonresidents be happy you have chance to hunt there. What is more diffcult, drawing a whitetail tag in indiana or finding a place to hunt or a tag in wyoming for elk where there are way more opportunities for that.

For you judgmental folks, I am Alaska resident now.120 dollars or so, fishing and hunting liscence and all tags. Moose, goat, sheep, grizzly, a few blacktail deer, and the fishing,(I get to net salmon out of the copper river) well I wont go there. Because now that I am a Alaska resident, I think nonresident sheep and goat tags should be at least 3 grand. Hell Iam gladly putting in for a sheep tag in Idaho this year (2600 dollars for the tag) You people who bitch, heres the middle finger. Life aint fair, the world aint fair, you choose to live where you live. The tetons are in wyoming, those residents control that. The federal wetlands outside of martin south dakota, south dakota residents control that. I have never had a deal you can get to hunt waterfowl there, its all draw. but nobody bitches about it. If i want to hunt in your state, regardless of federal land, then I play by your rules. I will be sure share my wyoming speed goat this year, plus my dall sheep, and 4 percent chance on a south fork salmon big horn.
But if not, at least i tried and didn't bitch

I think some NRs have this delusional idea they're going to hike into the thorofare and kill a 400 inch bull.

The hunting outside wilderness is phenomenal in Wyoming. Most of it within wilderness isn't anything special.

If I were to win a commission tag it wouldn't be valid for a unit with an acre of wilderness for either deer or elk.

Buzz and Freak, some of us, hunters, crave hunting our special wilderness backcountry areas to the extent of dragging sleds miles upon miles.

Why the great Wilderness calls some though not many? It's simple - ACCESS. How to reach a location, how to pack out from a location.
AND in this setting the State Resident / WYOGA exclusivity to our Wilderness. OUR public backcountry hunters land.

To some here, the "hunt" is simply to kill. To others, it's an opportunity to get out and enjoy the beauty our Wilderness Designated Areas offer!

It's simply really...

Buzz and Freak, some of us, hunters, crave hunting our special wilderness backcountry areas to the extent of dragging sleds miles upon miles.

Why the great Wilderness calls some though not many? It's simple - ACCESS. How to reach a location, how to pack out from a location.
AND in this setting the State Resident / WYOGA exclusivity to our Wilderness. OUR public backcountry hunters land.

To some here, the "hunt" is simply to kill. To others, it's an opportunity to get out and enjoy the beauty our Wilderness Designated Areas offer!

It's simply really...
Don't need a tag to do that, and nobody is stopping you.

It's simple really...

Nah. I don’t get hurt feelings. Just like to rile up the whiners

It’s been spelled out in crayola a hundred plus times and you still seem to know it all. Might not hurt to just listen to some of these guys once in a while. They’ve been at it forever and know more than the most of us combined. It’s pretty simple.
Do you know how many old people I've seen blatantly breaking the law because it's "the way they've always done it"?

This issue is clearly going over your head. Most people i know are pro hunter access.

Don't need a tag to do that, and nobody is stopping you.

It's simple really...
Wow! This mentality coming from the Co-Chair of BHA.

I do need a tag - if you were able to absorb the purity of wilderness backcountry hunting and not the exclusivity of resident only on our lands.

Wow! This mentality coming from the Co-Chair of BHA.

I do need a tag - if you were able to absorb the purity of wilderness backcountry hunting and not the exclusivity of resident only on our lands.
Buy a bird license, fishing license, or trapping license.

Move to WY, find a resident guide, or hire an outfitter.

Only thing holding you back is you.

For the record what area do you apply for elk, deer, or pronghorn in Wyoming?

Buy a bird license, fishing license, or trapping license.

Move to WY, find a resident guide, or hire an outfitter.

Only thing holding you back is you.

For the record what area do you apply for elk, deer, or pronghorn in Wyoming?
I was thinking about this last night. Another reason I could see it being in place is not for the people but the animals. Really need some guy on his first big game hunt killing a bull 5-6 miles back into a wilderness and having no clue what to do once it hits the dirt.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS4KIDS
Back