Caribou Gear

Guide or resident needed for non resident to hunt in Wyoming.

Ok guys let’s get this back on track. All we really need to know is if we can use a game cart while sneaking in the wilderness in WY?
Using a game cart in non-restricted areas can be extremely beneficial for hunters. They allow for easier transportation of game and equipment, reducing the physical strain on the hunter and allowing for quicker game retrieval. Game carts can also make it easier to transport heavier game over longer distances, making the hunting experience more efficient and enjoyable.

However, using a game cart in restricted wilderness areas where they are not allowed can have negative consequences. It can disrupt the natural environment and wildlife, potentially causing damage to trails and vegetation. It can also create conflict with other hunters who abide by the rules and regulations set in place to protect the wilderness areas.

In addition, using a game cart in restricted areas can result in legal consequences, such as fines or penalties, which can tarnish a hunter's reputation and credibility. It is important to respect the rules and regulations of the area in which you are hunting, as they are in place to protect the wilderness and ensure the sustainability of the natural resources.

Ultimately, it is up to each individual hunter to weigh the pros and cons of using a game cart in restricted wilderness areas and decide if it is worth the risk of breaking the law and potentially angering other sportsmen. It is important to consider the possible consequences and choose to act responsibly in order to preserve the wilderness for future generations of hunters.

I help quite a few people, tacti-tool bro hunters are the exception, they can pound sand. Same for those that already know it all already.

If you draw, let me know...
I’m thinking maybe June this year - depending on how things are going . Been over a decade for me going there for bears. There’s a guy in Jackson (Glenn) that would likely be a fun addition. Wilderness regardless - always good bear hunting in that part of WY. This year could be good due to the snow situation or lack of it. Thanks for the reminders all.. 🙂

Sytes,

Everyone knows it's an outfitter welfare law.

Find another ax to grind.
Buzz, the axe to grind is constant, as is other conservation issues, to include MOGA, WYOGA, etc.

It's not merely an outfitter welfare law, it's a WY Resident welfare law, as expressed in a prior thread related to BHA WY chapter's lack of interest to press the issue.
BHA and HT members from WY want it to remain for relatively the same reasons as WYOGA.

Axe to grind examples: BHA, TRCP, TNC, RMEF, etc are constantly grinding axes on issues unresolved or not resolved to a level that satisfies our conservation organizations interest.

Any time an issue of this sort prompts, the axe reaches for splitting. The nature of topics.

Here, we have new members and members not aware of topics that have been hashed and continue to rehash... MT Muleys, Wolves, Elk population counts, MOGA, WYOGA, Conservation political power plays over conservation, etc...

Best. Shared content. All good.

Just caught your edit, @William Christy , I'm game to b.s. with the playas here though sometimes smart ass flies when people expect others read every post in a thread.

My comment was never opposed to you nor anyone here. It was in support of the basis of your shared info from WGFD. Not quoted from another posters comment to hint it was a response I should view.

Simply put, the humor is for outdoor enthusiasts humor for the silliness as you scout w/o a WY Resident or WYOGA guide or simply hike yet it's for our safety if we are hunting.

I don't mind @rjthehunter nor you, Buzz, and others. We all share opinions.

If I need to be part of the cool click to garner fancy blue thumbs I be your cheerleader. I respect your hunt skills and that of most everyone.

I respect opinions shared. I have fun with the humor of posts and laugh at my own on occasion. :) Nature of forum posts and HT attitude and content. :)

Buzz, the axe to grind is constant, as is other conservation issues, to include MOGA, WYOGA, etc.

It's not merely an outfitter welfare law, it's a WY Resident welfare law, as expressed in a prior thread related to BHA WY chapter's lack of interest to press the issue.
BHA and HT members from WY want it to remain for relatively the same reasons as WYOGA.

Axe to grind examples: BHA, TRCP, TNC, RMEF, etc are constantly grinding axes on issues unresolved or not resolved to a level that satisfies our conservation organizations interest.

Any time an issue of this sort prompts, the axe reaches for splitting. The nature of topics.

Here, we have new members and members not aware of topics that have been hashed and continue to rehash... MT Muleys, Wolves, Elk population counts, MOGA, WYOGA, Conservation political power plays over conservation, etc...

Best. Shared content. All good.
You're right, and I have you a way, the only way the guide law would change.

Is losing 10% of deer and pronghorn tags, and 6% of elk tags worth it for you to gain access to wilderness as well as another 5% going to an outfitter draw?

That's what it would take.

The 5 % of tags you and the rest of the upset DIY crowd had left would get you that wilderness access.

Access that probably less than 1% of DIY NRs would take advantage of.

You'd be the hero of hunttalk.

Last edited:
Just caught your edit, @William Christy

My comment was never opposed to you nor anyone here. It was in support of the basis of your shared info from WGFD.
Mr. Premature answer syndrome…

Show me where I shared info from WGFD.

Like I said, and should be clearly evident from anybody with 2 firing brain cells.. that was CHATGPT output.

IMG_7088.jpeg

Using a game cart in non-restricted areas can be extremely beneficial for hunters. They allow for easier transportation of game and equipment, reducing the physical strain on the hunter and allowing for quicker game retrieval. Game carts can also make it easier to transport heavier game over longer distances, making the hunting experience more efficient and enjoyable.

However, using a game cart in restricted wilderness areas where they are not allowed can have negative consequences. It can disrupt the natural environment and wildlife, potentially causing damage to trails and vegetation. It can also create conflict with other hunters who abide by the rules and regulations set in place to protect the wilderness areas.

In addition, using a game cart in restricted areas can result in legal consequences, such as fines or penalties, which can tarnish a hunter's reputation and credibility. It is important to respect the rules and regulations of the area in which you are hunting, as they are in place to protect the wilderness and ensure the sustainability of the natural resources.

Ultimately, it is up to each individual hunter to weigh the pros and cons of using a game cart in restricted wilderness areas and decide if it is worth the risk of breaking the law and potentially angering other sportsmen. It is important to consider the possible consequences and choose to act responsibly in order to preserve the wilderness for future generations of hunters.
Omg it came full circle!

You're right, and I have you a way, the only way the guide law would change.

Is losing 10% of deer and pronghorn tags, and 6% of elk tags worth it for you to gain access to wilderness as well as another 5% going to an outfitter draw?

That's what it would take.

The 5 % of tags you and the rest of the upset DIY crowd had left would get you that wilderness access.

Access that probably less than 1% of DIY NRs would take advantage of.

Would MT BHA support the same introduction for private Resident use (and friend of) along w/ added MOGA Welfare of U.S. Wilderness Areas as Wyoming?

Would MT BHA support the same introduction for private Resident use (and friend of) along w/ added MOGA Welfare of U.S. Wilderness Areas as Wyoming?
Ask them. I live in Wyoming.

I can say pretty confidently a wilderness bill in Wyoming wouldn't pass today.

You don't need a guide for cow elk here, 20-40 vision and a couple firing brain cells, you're golden.
I'm screwed!!!
:rolleyes:

Pretty much down to pick 1/3 of the state, check OnX for BLM land, and drive around until one runs out in front of me.

Ask them. I live in Wyoming.

I can say pretty confidently a wilderness bill in Wyoming wouldn't pass today.
Question was for you as Co-Chair for BHA as a whole. Figured there were certain standards involved in the support or opposition on issues that hit below the belt for Backcountry hunter interest.
I understand it's good for the Residents. No worries. I understand certain aspects are targeted because the likely-hood of changing the tide in favor of conservation, hunters, and anglers holds a reasonable % - thus worth the $ and time. I'm a bit disappointed the Resident interest to keep our public land to themselves and their friends within WY BHA for something I would hope MT BHA would oppose.

Win some lose some. Until the next time to grind this axe.

that was CHATGPT output.
I had to look up CHATGPT... wtf? Really? Haha!
There is specific language that fits your, "CHATGPT" dialogue regarding the reasoning Non Residents are not permitted to hunt U.S. (Our public lands) Wilderness Designated land without a WY Resident or a WYOGA guide due to "safety", etc. Much of the content you presented matches the bull shit served to Americans.

As said it is what it is.. You scout the exact same ground you hunt without the safety of a Wyoming Resident or WYOGA guide and that is fine though holy bat chit... hunting... Safety is of utmost concern.

The irony of chit and turds.

I had to look up CHATGPT... wtf? Really? Haha!
There is specific language that fits your, "CHATGPT" dialogue regarding the reasoning Non Residents are not permitted to hunt U.S. (Our public lands) Wilderness Designated land without a WY Resident or a WYOGA guide due to "safety", etc. Much of the content you presented matches the bull shit served to Americans.

As said it is what it is.. You scout the exact same ground you hunt without the safety of a Wyoming Resident or WYOGA guide and that is fine though holy bat chit... hunting... Safety is of utmost concern.

The irony of chit and turds.
Are you a “bot”?

Back