Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Guide or resident needed for non resident to hunt in Wyoming.

There are a few key reasons why non-local hunters should consider booking with an outfitter when hunting in Wyoming, especially if they are inexperienced or unfamiliar with the area.

1. Safety: Wyoming is known for its rugged and challenging terrain, as well as its unpredictable weather conditions. A knowledgeable guide can help navigate the wilderness and ensure that hunters stay safe while out in the field. They can also provide valuable advice on potential dangers, such as wildlife encounters or inclement weather.
  2. Knowledge of the area: Local outfitters have a deep understanding of the land, game patterns, and optimal hunting locations. This insider knowledge can greatly improve a hunter's chances of success and help them make the most of their hunting trip.
  3. Compliance with regulations: Hunting laws and regulations can vary from state to state, and it can be easy for non-residents to unknowingly violate these rules. Outfitters are well-versed in local regulations and can help ensure that hunters are following all necessary guidelines and procedures while in the field.
  4. Better hunting opportunities: Outfitters often have access to private land or exclusive hunting areas that can offer superior game populations and less hunting pressure. Booking with an outfitter can provide hunters with a more productive and enjoyable hunting experience.
Overall, having a knowledgeable guide by your side can greatly enhance your hunting experience in Wyoming and help ensure a safe and successful trip. It is always better to err on the side of caution and seek out the guidance of experienced professionals when hunting in unfamiliar territory.
Thank God we have our Wyoming resident friends to keep us safe! U.S. Designated Wilderness Areas are d-d-d-dangerous!

All you have to do is kiss his ass and he'll "sign off" for you. If you want to hunt wilderness area.
In the case of my time where I hunted with Buzz in a wilderness area I did about 5-7 years of scouting there as it was closer to me, before I asked if Buzz was interested in going. I probably could have invited a few other WY residents that would have been happy to join me - but Buzz was my 1st choice & he was great to hunt with. We’ve hunted there a couple times - has always been excellent.

@BuzzH i can’t remember - was that a 13 bear or 14 bear evening that one time we saw 10 blonde phase colored bears in a single sitting?
IMG_7106.jpegIMG_7107.jpeg

Last edited:
In the case of my time where I hunted with Buzz in a wilderness area I did about 5-7 years of scouting there as it was closer to me, before I asked if Buzz was interested in going. I probably could have invited a few other WY residents that would have been happy to join me - but Buzz was my 1st choice & he was great to hunt with. We’ve hunted there a couple times - has always been excellent.
Everyone worth a salt *should know Buz knows his stuff over the many years hunting and coupled with you, it likely doesn't get much better for scouting/stalking.

I also see the humor intent within your post copy paste from WGFD regarding the rationale beginning with the safety aspect. As a Montana Resident, faced with the fraught dangers of the U.S. Designated Wilderness area - were/did you:

a.) Skeered, as in shart your shorts that you left for another to find during your scouting within the U.S. Wilderness inside the Wyoming boundaries,
b.) Felt a Will Robinson, "Danger, Danger, Danger!" series of episodes while walking about the forested areas that otherwise, with a Wyoming resident your safety blanket would save you?
c.) Needed a Wyoming Resident to hold your hand?
d.) Found yourself pondering while scouting pre hunt: Montana, Idaho, Utah, and maybe Colorado (if Colorado doesn't ban "Trophy" hunting outright) should follow the WYOGA / Resident path to reduce Non Residents from the U.S> Designated Wilderness areas as well?

Montana minds wonder if the current welfare MOGA system (and residents) woud benefit with the narrative U.S. Designated Wilderness areas are dangerous however the National forests surrounding are not - to reduce NR hunting w/o a safety blanket resident or MOGA guide?

I also see the humor intent within your post copy paste from WGFD regarding the rationale beginning with the safety aspect. As a Montana Resident, faced with the fraught dangers of the U.S. Designated Wilderness area - were/did you:
40 ChatGPT “answers” in 3 days and you’re likely the only one that didn’t “get” it.

Congratulations?

@Sytes humor is lost in some..
Jumping in quickly to respond before fully understanding a question is known as "premature cognitive commitment" or "premature answer syndrome." It can be due to overconfidence, eagerness, or a desire to be helpful. It's not considered a mental illness or disorder, but rather a communication issue. Taking time to understand before responding can lead to more accurate and thoughtful answers.

@BuzzH i can’t remember - was that a 13 bear or 14 bear evening that one time we saw 10 blonde phase colored bears in a single sitting?
View attachment 316897View attachment 316898
It was 14 total bears, the most I've seen from one spot. What a great evening of bear hunting.

@Sytes humor is lost in some..
Jumping in quickly to respond before fully understanding a question is known as "premature cognitive commitment" or "premature answer syndrome." It can be due to overconfidence, eagerness, or a desire to be helpful. It's not considered a mental illness or disorder, but rather a communication issue. Taking time to understand before responding can lead to more accurate and thoughtful answers.
I might dispute the charges but how much was that consult?
We've discussed this to a misery level in multiple threads.
I found the humor that you're willing to scout an area that's supposedly dangerous and needs a Wyoming resident or guide to keep you safe.

I thought you would catch on to that humor as it definitely was not adverse towards you. Apparently you need to take your own consultation to heart.

I found the humor that you're willing to scout an area that's supposedly dangerous and needs a Wyoming resident or guide to keep you safe.

I thought you would catch on to that humor as it definitely was not adverse towards you. Apparently you need to take your own consultation to heart.
Dude.

Post #58 is a ChatGPT “bot” summary, not a “cut and paste” as are the details about your premature responding issues.

Does that help?

Sytes,

Everyone knows it's an outfitter welfare law.

Find another ax to grind.

When was the last time you held a big or trophy game tag in Wyoming where this would impact you?

All I know is I specifically apply in units where I know there is plenty of non-wilderness, in WY there is more of that than I can explore in my lifetime and until and unless I draw each of those tags, I know I’ll be fine. The law is totally stupid, unfair, etc… but it really doesn’t affect me or most non-residents that much. All the wilderness you want in Colorado and other places and the vast majority of NR hunters don’t step foot in it, cause its a bit harder to get in and out of. That said, Buzz, I disagree with your aggressive stance sometimes -but not all times- but it’s cool you help out of state friends you find have redeeming characteristics. I’ll be sure to let you know privately when/if I do draw one of those non-wilderness elk tags for any friendly advice or insults as you see fit.

All I know is I specifically apply in units where I know there is plenty of non-wilderness, in WY there is more of that than I can explore in my lifetime and until and unless I draw each of those tags, I know I’ll be fine. The law is totally stupid, unfair, etc… but it really doesn’t affect me or most non-residents that much. All the wilderness you want in Colorado and other places and the vast majority of NR hunters don’t step foot in it, cause its a bit harder to get in and out of. That said, Buzz, I disagree with your aggressive stance sometimes -but not all times- but it’s cool you help out of state friends you find have redeeming characteristics. I’ll be sure to let you know privately when/if I do draw one of those non-wilderness elk tags for any friendly advice or insults as you see fit.
I help quite a few people, tacti-tool bro hunters are the exception, they can pound sand. Same for those that already know it all already.

If you draw, let me know...

There are a few key reasons why non-local hunters should consider booking with an outfitter when hunting in Wyoming, especially if they are inexperienced or unfamiliar with the area.

1. Safety: Wyoming is known for its rugged and challenging terrain, as well as its unpredictable weather conditions. A knowledgeable guide can help navigate the wilderness and ensure that hunters stay safe while out in the field. They can also provide valuable advice on potential dangers, such as wildlife encounters or inclement weather.
  2. Knowledge of the area: Local outfitters have a deep understanding of the land, game patterns, and optimal hunting locations. This insider knowledge can greatly improve a hunter's chances of success and help them make the most of their hunting trip.
  3. Compliance with regulations: Hunting laws and regulations can vary from state to state, and it can be easy for non-residents to unknowingly violate these rules. Outfitters are well-versed in local regulations and can help ensure that hunters are following all necessary guidelines and procedures while in the field.
  4. Better hunting opportunities: Outfitters often have access to private land or exclusive hunting areas that can offer superior game populations and less hunting pressure. Booking with an outfitter can provide hunters with a more productive and enjoyable hunting experience.
Overall, having a knowledgeable guide by your side can greatly enhance your hunting experience in Wyoming and help ensure a safe and successful trip. It is always better to err on the side of caution and seek out the guidance of experienced professionals when hunting in unfamiliar territory.
Ok guys let’s get this back on track. All we really need to know is if we can use a game cart while sneaking in the wilderness in WY?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back