Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Good, old movies for boys?

1_pointer

The past couple of weekends I've treated my boys (4 & 7) to a few movie nights. We've watched some classic movies that the boys really like such as Ol' Yeller, Swiss Family Robinson, and Where the Red Fern Grows. After watching that last one, my oldest was quite pleased to know he only needs $7 to get to $40 so he can order his own hounds!

What are some of this type/genre/ilk that you guys have liked? There has to be some more classic outdoor/adventure movies.

I love "Where the Red Fern Grows." The movie is great and the book is too. There are sequals to the movie, but they are not as good in my opinion. One of my favorite TV shows from when I was a kid, was Grizzly Adams. I found the first season on DVD. Still a great show.

Balto- A cartoon movie that tells the story of how the Ididarod (sp?) began is a great movie.

Across the Great Divide. I might have to watch this one again. Its been along time.

I know there are more, but I just cant think of them now.

The Goonies, The Sandlot, Big.....Stand By Me (some language),,,Star Wars series

I like this question! My son loves archery because he loves the old Disney cartoon, Robin Hood. He started watching that at age 4.

They may have to wait before they an appreciate these : Apollo 13 is a great. Dances with Wolves has some cool bison hunting scenes. Master And Commander is a cool old Navy story with cool science twist. I agree Stand by Me is a goodie too. Related question: when is a kid old enough for Jeremiah Johnson?

The Princess Bride kind of a chick flic but enough action for dudes. Really funny too.

The Bear

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Man From Snowy River 1, 2, and. 3

White Fang

Sound of Music----great intro to WW2 for kid discussion.

Seven Brides for Seven brothers. Lots of lessens in that movie.

The Ten Commandments. Hey Easter is around the corner.

The karate kid

Rocky 1-4. Not 5. Crazy that Russia is still a pain in the a$$!!

Back to the Future(s)

Miracle. The ice hocky movie

Remember the titans.

I don't know it these help but I plan on watching them with my kids.

When my youngest was 4 he still liked cartoon movies like How to train your dragon. Now that he's 8 he likes explosions and Transformers.

The opening scenes of Harry and The Hendersons is a rabbit hunt. Awesome family movie.

I have a five year old, and I second Balto and Iron Will.

Far from Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog.

It'll make your kids want to 1- Move to Alaska, 2- get a yellow Lab.

The cowboys, one of the Duke's best for young people,Maybe Hatari, don't know how available they are right now though

On the TV side of old entertainment "Andy Griffin Show" was a family favorite and we watched all of the series seasons many times over on DVD. Great stories that kids from all age groups can enjoy. Small town Americana at its best.

Jeremiah Johnson.

On another note... an arthritic feeling rumbled through me when I realized the movie Jerry McGuire is 1 year from turning 20 years old!!!!!!!!!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back