Gianforte gets warning in killing of Yellowstone wolf

I guess it’s kinda like my Uncle Toeless Joe used to say. “You’re never gonna be a quick draw artist unless you pull the trigger really fast.”

I've heard of other stories of well-known hunters screwing up elsewhere, too. Like lighted nocks in Idaho.

Maybe a citation was in order here, but I'm not ready to dump the lighter fluid on the stake for failure to take a class.

Lets not forget GG also has a mug shot for assault.

FWP is an agency he kinda looks over. So he is not your average Joe Blow.
Let’s not forget our president openly and proudly admitted to wrapping a chain around his hand and threatening to beat up a poc for getting into a swimming pool with pomade in his hair whilst not wearing a hair cap.

I wouldn’t call anonymously reporting and then giving a false location as Self report. Self report implies that you said you did something and admitted under your own
Name. But you do you
And again: How is the game warden going to go up there with me the next day sitting on one of my horses to take possession of the extra elk and not know who I am? Give it up with childish taking things out of context. So sixth grade. It was an accident, he was convinced, and didn't want to mess with it. I wasn't surprised. Left it up to him. I didn't offer my name during the call and he didn't ask for it. AFTER he told me to leave it for bird feed, he asked where it was located. Obviously he wanted to know where it wasn't located. Grow up.

Last edited:
And again: How is the game warden going to go up there with me the next day sitting on one of my horses to take possession of the extra elk and not know who I am? Give it up with childish taking things out of context. So sixth grade. It was an accident, he was convinced, and didn't want to mess with it. I wasn't surprised. Left it up to him. I didn't offer my name during the call and he didn't ask for it. AFTER he told me to leave it for bird feed, he asked where it was located. Obviously he wanted to know where it wasn't located. Grow up.
And yet you have such judgmental opinions of others. Watch out for that mirror, you might just catch yourself in it.

And yet you have such judgmental opinions of others. Watch out for that mirror, you might just catch yourself in it.
I'll keep that in mind next time I illegally shoot a wolf in a trap. Definitely not an accident. The million dollar question is how did he get a trapper's license if he didn't take the course?

Last edited:
I'll keep that in mind next time I illegally shoot a wolf in a trap. Definitely not an accident. The million dollar question is how did he get a trapper's license if he didn't take the course?
The course isn’t required to get a trapping license. The course is required before setting traps for wolves.

The course isn’t required to get a trapping license. The course is required before setting traps for wolves.
Interesting. Perhaps if the legislature is so intent on fiddling with things they could change regs so that trapping wolf tags were separate from hunting tags. That way acquiring a trapping wolf tag would require taking the course first. Trapping tag could be good for hunting but not vice versa. Might work better.

Interesting. Perhaps if the legislature is so intent on fiddling with things they could change regs so that trapping wolf tags were separate from hunting tags. That way acquiring a trapping wolf tag would require taking the course first. Trapping tag could be good for hunting but not vice versa. Might work better.
Or they could just read the Regs like the rest of us peasants

You can start to put the pieces together on HB505 though. It greatly benefits ranches like the one where he took the wolf. So replace the wolf and GG with 5 bull elk shot by NRs and see if it changes your perspective on GG.

They already are.

Trap Free Montana Public Lands

1 hr ·

Montana Governor Gianforte illegally trapped and killed a wolf. This one, a Yellowstone collared wolf. Gov. Gianforte did not take the mandatory wolf trapper class that has been a requirement in Montana for years.
What else didn't he do? Set the pan tension to try and avoid trapping other animals? Check his trap every 48 hours as required for wolves? Immediately kill and by gunshot only the trapped wolf? Governor Gianforte is now signed up for the next wolf trapping class. He was allowed to keep the wolf.
The illegal shooting, trapping, catching, and killing of wildlife is called poaching. Simple as that.
Just as we think Montana could not hit another new low for wildlife, it does.
http://bit.ly/3tOMGRg
Sounds like it depends on who you are instead of equal application of the law.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back