For Greenhorn

No Pro Staff for me. Just hate to see someone get burned at the stake and get accused of things that aren't fact like the land leasing and so on. I think we both agree that they do better than most on T.V. (notice I didn't use a percentage again) and try to be a positive influence on the hunting industry.

Is this the Bobby Hill of which you guys speak?

bio_img_bobby.gif

NAME: Robert (Bobby) Jeffrey Hill

OCCUPATION: Middle school student and pride and joy of Hank and Peggy

AMBITION: Ladies' man, runway model, proctologist, comic (stand-up or prop), shaman, salesman of propane and propane accessories

QUOTE: "I'm a little worried about being a slut."

GREATEST HERO: His dad

Maybe. This past fall I took my girlfriend hunting on a ranch that I've hunted for years, without paying any fees although I've worked for the rancher. A neighboring rancher confronted us, as he had leased a portion of the ranch for outfitting.. his first clients were to be the Eastmans and a film crew. He called the landowner and confirmed my permission and agreed to let us hunt -- does.

I have not been on to post But I had to finally get involved and put my 2 bits in. Everyone has been going on and on about this quote here. Greenhorn are you sure that this rancher could have been full-of-shit, or was the rancher just trying to impress your girlfriend.

Big Shooter is defensive, But greenhorn sounds as if he is pissed that he could only shoot does at a ranch that he supposedly worked for and wants to take it out on any tv show on the outdoor channel

I agree that they do a pretty good job. The program (I've only seen a couple episodes) and magazine is very polished these days. Hanes is good on camera, aside from some of the cheesy re-enactments - that sunset, draw the bow and shoot clip... barf.

Hell, Cam' looks good in Underwear too.... ;)

I've been talking to a few friends the last couple days "offline" that read the posts here. You'd be surprised who Reads hunttalk sometimes... :eek::eek:

In my Hank voice....DAM IT BOBBY !!! :D

I'm another one that Calls B/S that B.S. doesn't work for Eastmans some way or another. Funny how out of the "BLUE" somone new just pops in :rolleyes: Maybe I'm wrong but it wouldn't be the first time I was.

All I know is I'd like to put all my Tree pushing with a gun, Elk tracking eatin' grass, camp sitting, Sleeve rippin to Poop,mountain rolling, joke cracking, and Elk Beat box calling... videos together to make one of the Dang best hunting films outthere.

...Now If I only had one of Big Fins 25k cameras ....:p

Is this like freshman hazing or something?? I have been reading for quite some time, but I do get amazed at how things can snowball out of control and with this subject I thought that it was all greenhorns fault. I thougt that you would want people to join and have some funny or intriguing storys to tell?

Blue, You must be from the south if you're offended that easily :) :) (Or we're talking about your company ... :p )

The site is for People to Join. If you've been reading for awhile you know that people can Give you kudos in one post, Disagree with you in another and call you a Dumb A$$, then yet make another post 5 mins later to answer your Questions about what boots to wear. That's how it should be :D :D

I personally don't have the Same views as some that post here. Heck, Greeny and me have gone around several times on the boards too. But I still love staying at his place when I go through his Home town and love hunting with him.

Can ya see the diff ?

Welcome Aboard mate, Since YOU brought up sharing stories. Why not post one and Some pictures !!!! Would love to share a storie and see Pictures of ya !!

The only thing I have taken down worth while is a bottle of pendelton. But ya I got great stories I will share. But I would hate ol greeny to call bullshit at my expense.

Blue Yummies is From Bozeman ?? I'm calling B.S. on that story. :D I've yet to hear of someone from MT that's "Skeered".

.............Waiting for the "Great Stories". Don't make me Call Bull Chit cut I ain't Skeered to do that either !! :D

What are you kidding me Bozeman is a town that is becoming like Kalispell not one original montanan, they are all from Calif. or down south. I tried to live in Kalispell and it got overtaken now I move to Bozeman and now it is overtaken with pieces of shit like greenhorn. No I am a few too many blue yummies down tonight and need to find a spot where I can try
and piss off my porch without my neighbors wife watching. I wish I was eddie from National lampoons Christmas story

"Merry Christmas, Shitter was Full"

Just hate to see someone get burned at the stake and get accused of things that aren't fact like the land leasing and so on.
I never accused anyone of leasing anything.

IGreenhorn are you sure that this rancher could have been full-of-shit
I asked some questions and it appeared legit. He seemed like a pretty good guy. I did originally type that there could have been some bullshitting.. but I doubt it.

greenhorn sounds as if he is pissed that he could only shoot does at a ranch that he supposedly worked for and wants to take it out on any tv show on the outdoor channel
I was sharing how the impact of the "Eastman Way" has recently changed some of my hunting.

I do get amazed at how things can snowball out of control and with this subject I thought that it was all greenhorns fault.
All my fault for sharing my opinion?

What are you kidding me Bozeman is a town that is becoming like Kalispell not one original montanan, they are all from Calif. or down south. I tried to live in Kalispell and it got overtaken now I move to Bozeman and now it is overtaken with pieces of shit like greenhorn.

I took a quick look at your user profile, says originally from California and moved to MT. If that's truthful, I see you haven't broke the mold of a typical move-in that complains about the others that move here. I take pride in the fact that people like you are so warm to me.

As for the getting burned at the stake, get real. If anything, I'd think Eastman's might consider the feedback from western hunters, ass-patting and criticism alike..

No alter ego of mine BuzzH, but good God this BlueYummies character makes me laugh. Sound like maybe he isn't afraid to "suck down some of ol' grandpa's cough syrup" and put his 2 cents worth in.

Blue Yummies, I assumed Los Angeles.. my bad. A cajun? Your choice of beverage is a somewhat redeeming quality.. Pendleton.

Good Morning all, I see I am not to late for the big debate. No Big Shooter, I usually like blue yummies. But you are right I have been reading for a while and think it is my time to throw my hat in the ring.

My main question is to Greeny you said that the eastman way has affected your hunting? Well the Nuget way has affected mine as well. I like to eat the liver out of a whitetail while I am field dressing. But how has a hunting show hindered your hunting areas?

California (CA)
Louisiana (LA)

Greenhorn, I haven't just been talking to you on this post, there were some others on here that were claiming that Eastman's have all of this land leased for big $$$, which I am pretty sure isn't the case. It seems to me that this past fall you were a little "butt hurt" on here because they supposedly leased some antelope ground out from under you.........but then the post got shut down. Am I wrong about that? If I am than I apologize.

My main question is to Greeny you said that the eastman way has affected your hunting? But how has a hunting show hindered your hunting areas?

A hunting show hasn't hurt my hunting. I'm completely able to find places to hunt. It's the bigger picture and mixed messages Eastman's Hunting Journal and TV promote. The DIY public land authorities that make public statements such as the one on the very top of this thread.. Why should I be a supporter of Eastmans when I lose places to hunt so they can be guided to hunt for their TV program or video sales? Can't blame ranchers for making a living, it's more appropriate to blame the source. Eastman's could have hunted public land, or knocked on the door, worked on the ranch, did it the right way not the easy way, etc.... Getting sold X, and receiving Y... some people don't mind. Some do. You don't have to agree with my opinions.

B/S, Regarding the "eastman's way" thread from last fall.. It got carried away on bashing and I know a couple of good folks that work for Eastman's. I am the one who deleted it. And you are incorrect in me ever saying Eastman's leased any ground anywhere (that I know of).

If opinions bothers Eastman's, the fan club, contributing writers who are proud to receive some free shit, Pro-Staff hats, etc.. sorry about that.

BS - I've answered all your questions. When are you going to nut-up and tell what your role with Eastmans is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back