Fla Hog Hunt

Gunner46

If anyone wants to go for some 'free ranging'pork, say around Feb something, drop me a note. (I'll have this D**n cast off by then). It's a working cattle ranch that allows hunting, about an hour from either Tampa, or Orlando. No high fences, just enough to keep the cattle and horses in.

$75 1st pig, $50 2nd pig. If they clean it for you, add $25 each.

Resident annual $12.50. Non-resident, annual $151.50, 10 day $46.50.

On private land Boar are considered 'Property', so no big game tag is needed, and no season, nor bag limit.

I sent you mail. Have you been there before? lots of pigs? spot and stalk? bow hunting? I am interested... Where can a guy bunk up there?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-20-2003 20:01: Message edited by: schmalts ]</font>

I'm in Freezin' Freakin' Ohio right now !!
eek.gif
eek.gif

When I get back down to a civilized climate, next week, I'll send ya'll some better details.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-23-2003 06:36: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

i would be in. i love hog hunting. ive tried to get some guys to come down but couldnt settle on a date and time.timing would be everything for me as i drive a truck but if you were flexible i would be in for sure

Ok, I'm back. I'll give Tim a call tomorrow, and see when we can get a group down there. Let c'ha know when he gets back with me.

Gunner, Is there a lot of hogs here? how have you done in the past? No dogs right?
I know its a lot of questions but i would be flying in rather than a couple hour drive like others so i want to get into some hogs to make it worth while.
How far is this place from an airport? Could anyone give me a lift if you live near the airport? if not i can rent a car.

Just off the phone with Tim. He's open for Feb., except for the last week. They can take 5-6 hunters on a 1 day hunt. He wants about two weeks notice, cuz he needs to get an extra hand to help, and other hunters will be booking on short notice. First come, first served. March is out, Turkey Season!!!!!! (Anybody got a couple Grand $$$$ for a 10" Osceola?)

This will a stand hunt, over bait. There are no high fences, no dogs, no pen raised animals. Free roaming, wild hogs. Collier's is a working cattle/horse ranch, orange groove, but they do have the hogs. I've been down there about a dozen times and shot pigs, and not shot pigs. Seems every time I take someone with me I don't, but they do!! Aside from the baited stand issues, this is a truly fair chase operation.

The pricing has changed from the last time I was down there, a little.

Full day: 2 pigs; $ 150
Half day: 1 pig: $75
Butchering/Dressing fee: $20/ pig ( if you do it yourself $0.00)

The are no CLOSE airports. Tampa, Sarasota, or Orlando, and their about 1 - 2 hr. away. Overnight accommodations are either camping at the ranch, or a No-Tell motel in Wachula ( about 15 miles, $40 or so). Meals are on you.

Hogs run are from piggly-wiggly to over 200 + #. Really huge 'tuskers' are considered Trophy hogs and fetch some bigger bucks. We're HUNTING and you take your chances, but they're a bunch of hogs in that swamp!!

Personally, I'm gonna take the 50 cal MZ, or the 44 Mag, and go for the full day thing, and try to put some pork in the freezer, before the Kings & Spanish start to migrate back up the Gulf, and I have a ton of friends/ relatives down here to cash in on that fun!!!!

Let me know what you want to do.

Questions about the ranch, call Tim Gibson @ 863-781-1577,. He's a working man and will get back with you, if he doesn't answer.

Just a few pic's to wet your appatite.

108034876ENtmip_th.jpg
160# , 2002, 7mm/08

108035494KtOvhU_th.jpg
200# Razorback, 2003, 44 Mag

108035111XpcVxj_th.jpg
150#, 2003, 7mm/08

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-01-2004 09:27: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

schmalts if you fly in to Jacksonville i can give you a ride, it will be about 3 hours but flying into jax will probablly be cheaper as it is an intl airport.just let me know.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back