Fla Hog Hunt

Smitty- The only place I know where to shoot is at Tennoroc, and it ain't close. And, how 'bout some directions to the camp ground.

JC-1 - I'll Email you the address, then you can pickup the directions off of 'Mapquest.com'. If ya get lost along the way... that is why I asked if you had a cell phone. It can get a little tricky working your way along the final 3-4 miles to the property gate, it's off the main road a bit.

G46

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-30-2004 16:06: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

I already pulled up a map to Collier Ranch based on Tim's phone numbers but please send another to make sure I have the correct information.

Brownville campground is:

http://www.mapquest.com/ma ps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&address=brownville+park&city=Brownville&state=fl&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map

There is a small road sign indicating the park and a boat ramp on US 17, you turn West onto Brownville Street and the campground is on the left.

We will be in a pop up camper and have a jacked up red dodge. We will be at the camp ground Thursday night. Hopefully we will have enough time to make a run to the ranch to check out exactly where it is.

My cell # is 239-571-7784 and the alternate cell # is 239-850-9844. I have tnctcb's number already.

I take it that no one is allergic to pork and that a pork loin will be ok for Sat night dinner?
biggrin.gif
We will do camp potatoes as well, y'all just bring libations!
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-04-2004 07:25: Message edited by: Smitty ]</font>

The address is: 3365 James Cowart Rd, WAUCHULA, Fl 33873.

If things go well this week , I'll be driving a clean White Jeep Grand Cherokee, and get to Tim's around 4PM, Friday.
cool.gif
If not, I'll be driving a POS Isuzu, mud splattered, seagull chit dropping bombed, brake squeeking, ain't been washed in 9 monthes, pickup and be at Tim's around 4PM, Friday.
redface.gif

As far as the libations go, Smitty, name yer poison.
tongue.gif
My only allergies to free ranging pork is when they decide to start biting back!
eek.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-04-2004 15:18: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

ill be in a green mazda with a pop up camper. if i have any deer meat left ill bring it for friday evening. if i get there early enough i will grab enough spots for every one. what do we need 4?

The Manatee River State Park is about 30 mi. weat of Wachula on 64. Also the Manatee Rifle and Archery Club is also on 64 half way between the Park and Ona.

Since most of y'all will be hunting on Fri, I'll just meet up with ya at Tim's and after we get the skinning chores out of the way, I'll follow ya back to the camp ground.

G46

if anyone needs a place to sleep i have an extra bed in my camper someone can use.

Hmmmm Cowpoke, ya got me thinkin.... i'll check into it but for now am still sticking w/ Brownville park. Hey Tnt... we will be going up Thursday night so I will grab a camping spot for you! Who else needs a spot? BTW... my cell phone #'s are: 239-571-7784, 239-850-9844, or 239-571-7781... one of em should work!

http://www.rivervalleyrvresort.com/

Ok I changed my mind... sorry... I found this campground that is 3 miles away from where we are hunting. I figured for the extrra $15 it was worth having a for sure reserved spot and was worth the price being so close to where we are hunting. I have reserved a camp site on the river... there are 9 more river front spots available at the rate of $34.50 for water/electric and no sewer. My site # is P87 and 86 is still available so call if you want the spot next and ask for Andy and he will make sure we get spots together (under the name of Danielle Smith). The toll free number is 1-888-977-7878. I will also e-mail this to those of you who indicated that you are going.

BTW - the Myaka River was 43 miles away and the Brownville Park was 23 miles away according to Mapquest.

[ 02-09-2004, 14:13: Message edited by: Smitty ]

Okay we have one more person going in my group. His name is James Ward, he is coming from Tampa (hey schmaltz ya got a ride from Tampa if ya want one). James already talked to Tim and has the green light.

So has anyone else made reservations at the River Valley RV Resort? BTW it is a KOA campground in case ya have a discount card.

I'm gettin excited... I think I will finally get to kill something:D

Smitty, I'm not going to be able to make it! Bruce Dow ask me to work the gun shop that Sat.
I'm working on some thing for after Turkey season!
shhh.gif

Tim...if that open bunk is still open I'll take ya up on it for Fri night.

Smitty.. Still haven't heard what brand of brew Ha-Ha ya prefer. Pabst, PBR, Lone Star, Bud, Lite, Ol' Flosh-n-shosh???

Schmalts.. Ya comin' or not?

I'm heading for the range in the morning. I've been real busy with buyin' the new ride and trying to get the boat ready for spring, so I've slacked off on the weapon of choice. Was going to go with the 44 Mag, then, when I saw Smitty & BF were bringing their MZ's I thought .. OK, the 50 cal. needs a work out. But, today I said to myself, I'm going down to BUST a pig, so I'm tuning in the 7mm/08!!

Solunar Tables, and Hunt Gods, predict us good fortune for this weekend, if Mother Nature holds off the rain.

Here piggy, piggy...nice piggy...PPIIGGYY??????

I've been going to Tenoroc, but decided to give Dade City a try on Weds intsead. It's a bit closer and the hours are alittle better.

Well Gunner, ya don't have to bring my beer too... I mean with as much as I indulge on a weekend of hunting (with my designated driver no less) it would cost you a small fortune;) But I like Michelob Light or Ultra depending on whether I feel guilty about the carbs:D

Also Gunner... there are 2 extra beds in our camper, James is using one and the other is yours if Tim's is not available... first one htere gets the bigger bed:) BTW, if ya snore, then I have a couple of dirty socks;)

See y'all this weekend and Gunner, where and when we we meet up with you?

Trust me, after an 18 hr day & a few brews, I'm a gonna crank like a chainsaw trying to grind thru saeasoned birch!!

Gunner, let me know when your off some weekend and you can come to Dade City. I am a range officer and you can come as my guest!
My normal working days are the 1st FRI. and 3rd Sun.of each month.
I work a part time job on Tue.,Wed.and Thurs.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back