Caribou Gear Tarp

Fla Hog Hunt

also i have a pop up camper that will sleep 5 doubled up or 3 sleeping alone. anyone who wants to stay in that is welcome.

Tampa, or Orlando, are a hell of alot closer!

If you guys are in.... E-mail me. I gotta get up with Tim SOON and let him know how many and such!

We can't wait till the last minute and expect to get in.

I would like to go but i need more on logistics. How many days are we going to hunt? Would this be a fri-sunday morning affair? I know it will be hard to answer these this long before but with me flying in i need some more details.

First things first... what weekend? I can make the 6/7/8 but not the 13/14/15 and you said that the 20/21/22 & 27/28/29 were out.

If we do this on the 6/7/8 then Smaltz (sp?) can also com into Southwest Florida International and hitch a ride with me and the BF. I have a small trailer as well as spare tents.

Thanks for the offers on the rides! yes i would take one of you up on it. I guess i would fly out thursday evening to hunt friday morning? and go home sunday evening after a sunday morning hunt?

Hey Guys!!

I can't believe so many of you have shown such intrest in this GT.

I'm sorry for the delay in my response. I picked up a virus and had to Restore my hard drive, and I've run into some issues with E-mail and other crap.

But here goes. I'm free for the weekends of 2/13-15, or 2/20-22. I'll only hunt one day, Sat, but can show up Fri evening, and stick around till mid-Sun to help out. Tim can take up to 5-6 hunters a day, but needs advance notice for a group that size. It's usually just a couple of hunters. No group discounts, as far as I know of.

I really encourage each of you to call Tim and let him know your personal desires. He's a great guy and I'm sure he'll give you his honest best, no BS.

The prices I posted on the forum are for a 'days' hunt. If any of you want to hunt the whole weekend, then you'll need to contact Tim, at the ranch, and make your arrangements. 863-781-1577 or 863-773-9528. The sooner the better. This is a popular place and gets a lot of radio sports show support. ( Not paid, just a lot of happy hunters calling in).

If your flying in, I can pick up one person, at Tampa after 3pm, or so. Still have to work on Fri., but I'm done by 2pm most days. It's just a 1 ½ -2hr drive from the airport. Tampa traffic can suck!

Let me know as soon as ya can. I'm pumped to pop a pig, or two, and this place has 'em!

Just please remember. This is a 'Fair Chase' operation. No pens, No high fences, Free roaming hogs. Big 'uns, little 'uns. We'll be HUNTNG. Ya miss yer shots, too bad, learn to shoot better!

I've tried to E-mail each of you individually, but as I said, I'm still working out some bugs.

Hope to hear from ya soon

Dwayne
Gunner46

I just got off the phone with Tim. He said i can hunt fri-saterday, and half of sunday.
Anyone able to take off a friday to hunt and pick me up at an airport thursday evening???
Let me know!!
eek.gif
hump.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-06-2004 18:04: Message edited by: schmalts ]</font>

Can we settle on the weekend of Feb 20th?

I'd like to get this nailed down by this coming wekend, the 11th. (Jan)

Sound good to y'all?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-08-2004 16:37: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

i can get you at the airport on thursday if you fly into jacksonville or orlando. the 20th should work for me.

Hope you plan on bringing a bunch of coolers!
Your a'gonna need 'em!

2 1/2 dys hunting= 5 pigs @ (say 120-175#) = 40% live weight, cleaned & boned= about 300# raw meat! DUDE

By the way, what type of weapon are ya thinkin' of bringin' with ya?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-09-2004 19:10: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

I'm in for the 20th, will be bringing the boy friend. I will take Friday the 20th off of work so Smaltz, if you want to fly in Thursday nicht and out Sunday night or Monday am AI can give you a ride as well. The closest airport from us is Southwest Florida International Airport, but we go right by Tampa as well. Might even be able to hunt something else if you want to saty longer.

Gunner, I will have my boyfriend contact Tim.

Thanks, but i may not be able to go due to my wifes work schedule. She is looking for coverage at this time. I will know more soon.

Just waiting for Tim to give me a call back. I'll be down there, to hunt, all day Sat. the 21st. If you guys are going to get there earlier I'll load up a cooler of Malted Beverages, and head down Fri afternoon, after work. Be there around 4-5pm. An x-tra hand at the cleaning shed, so to speak.

"Ya need a beer Smitty"? Yer cutting it all wrong Schmalts"! " Sheeeee, did ya have to pop him in the guts". "Hey sTimmy, YOU wanna noder beer, Buddy"? " Shumbody jus splased pig guts on my boots"!

See Ya soon Guys.
Gunner

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-12-2004 16:46: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gunner46:

"Ya need a beer Smitty"? Yer cutting it all wrong Schmalts"! " Sheeeee, did ya have to pop him in the guts". "Hey sTimmy, YOU wanna noder beer, Buddy"? " Shumbody jus splased pig guts on my boots"!
Gunner

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-12-2004 16:46: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot "damn those are some big ass BALLS!"

did somebody say beer. just so you know i only drink 3 kinds,...........................................................................................................................................can, bottle and draft.

i just got off the phone with Tim. he has the weekend of the 20th and 21st on hold for us.he told me that he is closed on sunday, it is the only day he can spend with his family so maybe we will want to hunt all day friday and saturday.sounds like a really nice guy and im looking forward to the hunt. no deposit is required but he said if we arent going to make it he would like us to call so he can let someone else have our weekend. there are no facilities for camping so we should probablly use a local motel. i will be leaving tommorrow as i am a truck driver, i would appreciate it if someone would email me if the dates change or if anything important comes up and my wife will pass on the message.

Tim said he could take 5 of us, a day. Just for this post info, I'm in on the 21st.
Anybody else confirmed, on a date, post it, so the other people can get an idea of how it sits.

I'll take a good hard look into the camping situation locally and let all y'all know very soon.

Pray for good weather!!!!!!

Back