Caribou Gear

Fla Hog Hunt

Geezle Pete Gunner... I musta been into the shine or sumpin
wink.gif
When I went and looked on Mapquest last week, Wachula was north of Tampa... today I go and look up "Wauchula" and lo and behold it's just north of Arcadia!

Don't know what the puter was doin last week but please make sure I get the directions right
smile.gif

Well if Wauchula is indeed just north of Arcadia then there is a nice county park for camping in Brownville - that's 20 miles south on 17 (not too bad a drive). The park is clean, has restroom facilities and campsite hookups. The park is called Brownville park.

The best park about the park is that it is right on th ePeace River and there is a boat ramp. We will be bringing a canoe (maybe an extra boat to pull the beer
wink.gif
)!

It would be nice if we could all get together to tell a few lies in the evening! So does anyone else want to camp?

Unless anyone has a better idea, I will be staying there.

Wauchula is not NORTH of Tampa.
It's located in Hardee county, at the intresection of Hwy 17 and Hwy 64. That's south and a bit east of Tampa. Collier's Ranch is about 11 miles east of there.

Smitty- the camping thing sounds like a good time
wink.gif
, but all I have is a tent. Will the camp ground allow that?

When we get to around the week of the hunt, E-mail me and we can figure out where to meet. Tim will probably want us to all get together at 'Roosters', a local feed trough.

Yes, you can bring tents... I think the cost was $10 per night... first come first serve. The sites are very nice. I also bought "The Red Roof Inn" for the BF at Christmas... that's what we call it anyway...it's an 18' tent that has 4 rooms so if anyone needs a tent, I've got a duzzie
biggrin.gif

im in. i will plan on hunting friday as well anybody else up for that. i will bring my camper if we decide to camp.

Me and the BF are in for Friday all day as well... maybe Sat AM... we keep playing phone tag w/ Tim so have not confirmed with him that's why the maybe.

Tim said he would hold Fri and Sat open for five of us, each day. So, if you want to hunt Sat. ya got the slot, Smitty.

i confirmed friday and saturday with him for the group. anyone who can make it friday has a slot reserved and anyone who cant has a spot on saturday. up until 5 people.i thought he said 6 though.as i see it so far we have:

1:smitty
2:smitty BF
3:tnctcb
4: gunner46

that leaves room for one more at least.

Mike (my BF) finally talked with Tim yesterday... we are on for all day Friday and maybe Sat AM... we told him we would give up any of the slots if someone else needs it. It doesn't look like a problem thought ... looks like what.. maybe 4 of us for sure? Who els wants to camp at Brownville Park? I have been up and down US 17 a lot and the cities are small and the hotels appear to be a bit "seedy" (if you can find one) so that is why I suggested Brownville. WE can save a site next to us when we get there Thurs if anyone would like. My e-mail is in my profile.

Count me in for Saturday. My buddy Jack may come as well, I won't know till Monday.

Do we need to give a deposit?

Welcome aboard me matey!

Nah, ya don't need to send a deposit. Tim is pretty casual about that. He usually will only take out one party at a time, and we have that weekend reserved. If 1, 2, or 5 show up, he'll be there waiting on us. The only thing is, if even at the last minute, you find you can't make it, give Tim a call, so we aren't all waiting for you to get out to the stands.

Here piggy piggy piggy.....
Nice piggy... smootch... PIGGY???

OOOOHHHH!!!! That had to hurt!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Uh, Here piggy piggy piggy.................

Just got up from the bench. 7mm/08, 150 Nosler BT's, pumped with Reloader15.

I'm getting some more people showing intrest. Here's the breakdown as far as I can tell.

Fri 20th: Smitty, Smitty's BF, tnctcb
Sat 21st: Me, Smitty, Smitty's BF, tnctcb, jcomar1, and a buddy(maybe).

Is that right?

If you other guys are really up for it, I'll go in on a Feb 13-14 hunt too. Just need to get up with Tim and make sure he has space.

Let me know.

What are ya'll bringing to hunt with? Does Tim have any stands that are close enough to use my bow?

I've decided to take my 7mm/08, if I can get to the range and sight in the new scope. Otherwise I guess it'll be the 44Mag carbine.

All the stands are 'bow-able', but you might want to check with Tim first. I'm not sure the land owner is too hot on bow hunting.

I will bring my 7mm mag and maybe the 300 mag if I can get it sighted. BTW, is there anywhere to do a little target practice Gunner? That might be fun if it is close and convenient. I might do a little internet research. BTW, we will bring a large prok loin for Sat night that will feed 10 normal people or 5-6 hungry hunters so if anyone wnats ot joind Sat night, that would be great.

Hey ya'll, I talked to Tim the other day, and Jack and I are going to be comming in for the Saturday afternoon hunt, and hang out Saturday evening.
Is someone going to post directions to the ranch?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-23-2004 17:16: Message edited by: jcomar1 ]</font>

We'll be coming from Jack's house in Clermont.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-04-2004 07:15: Message edited by: jcomar1 ]</font>

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back