PEAX Equipment

First hand Covid symptoms

No booster for this guy! After the blood clot in my lungs, pleurisy, and two weeks of dealing with my hands and feet tingling from the vaccine, the doc said “I don’t recommend it for you.” That’s fine with me!
My wife’s hand and wrists have been doing the same thing since her last dose. It was supposed to be no big deal, just an immune response that would go away after some steroids

3 months later nothing has changed and the doctor thinks it’s a minor case of Guillain Barre. That’s one thing to deal with, but her doctor insists she doesn’t take a flu shot or get a booster or take anything else that could flare up the immune system until they’ve gotten a handle on it and can figure out what’s going on.
Her employer, whom hands out covid vaccine religious and medical exemptions like they’re candy to anyone that applies, is insistent and digging their heels in that she get a flu shot as a condition of continued employment. Maybe a fun few weeks ahead.

My wife’s hand and wrists have been doing the same thing since her last dose. It was supposed to be no big deal, just an immune response that would go away after some steroids

3 months later nothing has changed and the doctor thinks it’s a minor case of Guillain Barre. That’s one thing to deal with, but her doctor insists she doesn’t take a flu shot or get a booster or take anything else that could flare up the immune system until they’ve gotten a handle on it and can figure out what’s going on.
Her employer, whom hands out covid vaccine religious and medical exemptions like they’re candy to anyone that applies, is insistent and digging their heels in that she get a flu shot as a condition of continued employment. Maybe a fun few weeks ahead.
The side effects from that Covid vaccine can be a real bitch….I don’t care what anyone says. Even if they are rare-ish, they are definitely there, and a real pain in the ass.

Hopefully your wife is able to stand her ground. Vaccine mandates are bullshit, and I don’t care if it’s flu or Covid. If her doctor is saying not to do it then I’d say you have a real solid case if we boss wants to battle. Good luck Gomer!

The side effects from that Covid vaccine can be a real bitch….I don’t care what anyone says. Even if they are rare-ish, they are definitely there, and a real pain in the ass.

Hopefully your wife is able to stand her ground. Vaccine mandates are bullshit, and I don’t care if it’s flu or Covid. If her doctor is saying not to do it then I’d say you have a real solid case if we boss wants to battle. Good luck Gomer!
It’s weird how stubborn they’re being. Nearly 30% of her coworkers have an exemption for the covid vaccine, and in the past a person that didn’t want a flu vaccine just had to acknowledge that they declined it and wear a mask around patients.
She’s a lot nicer/more patient than I am. When a doctor writes that a potential consequence is irreversible paralysis and somebody in HR with no medical experience just brushes it off, I’d just go work somewhere else.
A lot of hospitals crying about labor shortages need to get out a mirror to find the reason.

I will be getting a booster for my Johnsons vax on Thursday. I had no reaction to the initial vax in May which makes me a little nervous. Hope I show some kind of reaction this time ... so I know it's working. Or maybe my immune system is just naturally bullet proof. I ain't willing to bet my life on that though.

Last edited:
I will be getting a booster for my Johnsons vax on Thursday. I had no reaction to the initial vax in May which makes me a little nervous. Hope I show some kind of reaction this time ... so I know it's working.
I know nothing about how things work in Canada with ‘elective’ types of things, but down here you can get an antibody test at a lab for about $80 or at some CVS stores for $35.

If you wait a couple weeks after your shot and go take one that should tell you.

I know nothing about how things work in Canada with ‘elective’ types of things, but down here you can get an antibody test at a lab for about $80 or at some CVS stores for $35.

If you wait a couple weeks after your shot and go take one that should tell you.
I am in the US now and getting the booster at VA clinic. I will check into getting an antibody test there. Thanks. Pretty sure I never had COVID but some infected are asymptomatic.

Got my Moderna booster at noon today.

Currently sitting 3 miles from my truck overlooking half a dozen deer, two of which are young bucks that just got done duking it out in a blizzard right below me.

The second dose kicked my ass, so who knows what I’ll feel like tomorrow morning, but this evening is downright glorious and I am grateful for it

7468B125-A8AC-4AB9-9BDE-7735AA0ABA9F.jpeg

Here is my COVID antibody testing experience jfi….My wife had COVID December 2020. I never got COVID even though we were obviously in close contact and I took care of her then (tested negative and no symptoms). She got an antibody test the end of September 2021 and it showed she still has the antibodies (1.5).
I also got tested for antibodies the end of September 2021 and showed reactive. To the best of my knowledge, I probably had COVID the end of September/beginning of October 2020, while out west hunting or the February before COVID exploded. I never tested when I was sick.
So, my wife still has the antibodies 9 months later and I also have antibodies a year to two years later.
We haven’t been vaccinated jfyi

Daughter - 4 - Low grade fever for 2 days and headache.
Daughter - 8 - High fever for 2 days, aches, headaches, chills, some taste loss.
Me - Runny nose, headaches for 4 days, lost taste and smell, some congestion and fatigue.
I probably had some loss of breath in hind sight. I went on my hunt anyway equipped with pulse oximeter, nebulizer, and humidifier and didn't have any issues although I took it easier than normal.

My wife got her booster yesterday and has a slight headache today along with slight soreness in her arm.
The same as our initial vaccines.(y)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back