First hand Covid symptoms

Prayers with you for a speedy recovery. I'd imagine with your history of lung capacity/integrity and you're not under daily monitoring in the hospital, the docs must feel good about your prognosis(?).

If so, hope all clears up and your out breathing the pine air with a clean bill of health.
I’m not at the hospital just at home but monitoring my issues. Hope it does not get worse or that’s where i will go immediately. Hoping to be headed on next Friday. But i might only be only glassing from the truck and let my dad and brother do the hiking. My brother has the tag. Thanks for the prayers.

This Saturday I had sinus congestion and post nasal drip. I have loss of smell but that is chronic. Saw the doc and he diagnosed sinusitis and didn't test me. Yesterday my wife was symptomatic and had to go for a Covid test which came back positive. She has severe congestion, a cough, headache but no loss of taste or smell. Ironically I saw the doc 7 days after getting my 3rd dose of Pfizer.

The crap of it is, I was supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning for Nebraska.:(

This Saturday I had sinus congestion and post nasal drip. I have loss of smell but that is chronic. Saw the doc and he diagnosed sinusitis and didn't test me. Yesterday my wife was symptomatic and had to go for a Covid test which came back positive. She has severe congestion, a cough, headache but no loss of taste or smell. Ironically I saw the doc 7 days after getting my 3rd dose of Pfizer.

The crap of it is, I was supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning for Nebraska.:(
Hope you and your wife are feeling better soon

Hope you and your wife are feeling better soon
Thank you sir. Oddly enough I just have sinus congestion, no fever nd when I went to the doctor my O2 saturation was 100% on room air. My wife and now daughter on the other hand are more like a bad case of the flu. They had Moderna and I haad Pfizer, but i had my 3rd dose. So who knows. Not sure how bad it would be had we not been vaccinated. I work in a hospital so I have been seeing firsthand for the last two years how this can vary.

Got my Moderna booster this morning. I'm hoping I don't feel as bad after this one as the 2nd dose. The booster is only 1/2 dose. Either way, it's better than getting sick with Covid.
I got my Moderna booster yesterday and feel like absolute hell today. The cold/hot flashes and body aches overnight were slightly less intense than the 2nd dose, but I still got up at 2:30 to take a bath and then watched TV to keep from waking my wife. Hopefully you have better luck!

I got my Moderna booster yesterday and feel like absolute hell today. The cold/hot flashes and body aches overnight were slightly less intense than the 2nd dose, but I still got up at 2:30 to take a bath and then watched TV to keep from waking my wife. Hopefully you have better luck!
Sounds exactly like my experience with the 2nd dose.

Got my Moderna booster this morning. I'm hoping I don't feel as bad after this one as the 2nd dose. The booster is only 1/2 dose. Either way, it's better than getting sick with Covid.
You may still get sick ... just not as sick. Best prevention against getting sick still is masking up, washing up, and social distancing. It's all only a minor inconvenience ... to help prevent a major one.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to call Ft Harrison today and see if VA has a booster for Johnson's vax.

No booster for this guy! After the blood clot in my lungs, pleurisy, and two weeks of dealing with my hands and feet tingling from the vaccine, the doc said “I don’t recommend it for you.” That’s fine with me!

Got my Pfizer booster yesterday. Same timeline as before, about 12 hours after, started feeling the effects. Less soreness this time, but more chills/aches than I remember? Worst was overnight, but got up feeling pretty crummy. I'd say equivalent to your run of the mill cold that parks you on the couch once a year. Not flu-level bad. Nothing that advil couldn't make pretty bearable.

I got the Moderna booster and same symptoms.

Moderna booster on Wednesday night was fine until late Thursday evening then felt tired and worn down Friday. Good to go today, punched in 12 hours at work today including a decent hike.

In the last 7 days I've had the moderna booster, flu vaccine, and shingles vaccine.

I had the similar shot sequence in the past week. No reaction from moderna or flu shot except a sore arm, shingles vaccine kicked my butt for two days

Results returned Covid Negative, Flu Negative, Some Other Negative. Simply a royal ass kick of allergies combined with nasal pressure release from the flight.

Well, I had a spooky run... Last hour or close to the end of today's training, my throat began to feel a tad irritated. I've experienced this in the past and typically keep a pack of ricolas just because they are my break-away from cope chew many years ago.

Long story short <uh-huh... sure>, I flew into Dulles Sunday. Felt head pressure on landing, embrace the suck and move on. Today, while driving back to the hotel at the end of my first day training - holy chit! The left eye and around that side of my held felt swollen and thumpin pain. Later, I began coughing repeatedly to clear my throat and knew if I showed to training the next day in this condition... well, I'd likely be in deep chit! First thing they did at training was read the riot act regarding anyone sick - automatic assumption - Covid and see ya til next training opens! Not going to lose the class for one person's careless sickness.

Called a clinic - they said no and referred me to the main hospital ER. Long story short-er (ya, right)... After a nurse checked me over, I was seated in the "red zone". Worry-some...

Placed into a room shortly after and the nure swab plunge my left nostril. Then, I didn't think it was possible the plunging of my right nostril flat out shoved so far down - my arse got skeered! Time ticked slowly for the hour.
A very attractive doc attended to my symptoms... Right, what was I saying? Ya, back to the "short-er story"... Checked ears, and throat and shared I definitely have liquid in my throat and had a bit of time to wait. The same swab test would be used for Covid, flu, and some other named deal. I felt like crap though I believe mentally I was playing into my own fears of covid. Nurse brought in some meds and robitussin(?). Happily, I gulped down the grotesque liquid - because, I could still taste crappy flavor!! First time I enjoyed that crap!

The very attractive Doc shared what I wasn't expecting. "Covid Negative, Flu Negative, Some Other Negative. Simply a royal ass kick of allergies combined with nasal pressure release from the flight". I figured, they might shack me up for a week to begin next week's training and that would suck!

So long story short - I feared I had Covid and was happy to lernI amback to training! :) Work ass kick averted! Off to sleep..........................

Results returned Covid Negative, Flu Negative, Some Other Negative. Simply a royal ass kick of allergies combined with nasal pressure release from the flight.

Well, I had a spooky run... Last hour or close to the end of today's training, my throat began to feel a tad irritated. I've experienced this in the past and typically keep a pack of ricolas just because they are my break-away from cope chew many years ago.

Long story short <uh-huh... sure>, I flew into Dulles Sunday. Felt head pressure on landing, embrace the suck and move on. Today, while driving back to the hotel at the end of my first day training - holy chit! The left eye and around that side of my held felt swollen and thumpin pain. Later, I began coughing repeatedly to clear my throat and knew if I showed to training the next day in this condition... well, I'd likely be in deep chit! First thing they did at training was read the riot act regarding anyone sick - automatic assumption - Covid and see ya til next training opens! Not going to lose the class for one person's careless sickness.

Called a clinic - they said no and referred me to the main hospital ER. Long story short-er (ya, right)... After a nurse checked me over, I was seated in the "red zone". Worry-some...

Placed into a room shortly after and the nure swab plunge my left nostril. Then, I didn't think it was possible the plunging of my right nostril flat out shoved so far down - my arse got skeered! Time ticked slowly for the hour.
A very attractive doc attended to my symptoms... Right, what was I saying? Ya, back to the "short-er story"... Checked ears, and throat and shared I definitely have liquid in my throat and had a bit of time to wait. The same swab test would be used for Covid, flu, and some other named deal. I felt like crap though I believe mentally I was playing into my own fears of covid. Nurse brought in some meds and robitussin(?). Happily, I gulped down the grotesque liquid - because, I could still taste crappy flavor!! First time I enjoyed that crap!

The very attractive Doc shared what I wasn't expecting. "Covid Negative, Flu Negative, Some Other Negative. Simply a royal ass kick of allergies combined with nasal pressure release from the flight". I figured, they might shack me up for a week to begin next week's training and that would suck!

So long story short - I feared I had Covid and was happy to lernI amback to training! :) Work ass kick averted! Off to sleep..........................
Was the doc pretty?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back