First hand Covid symptoms

We got the phone call you don’t want. The hospital told the family to come now. Waiting for the last daughter to get here and we’re hitting the road. This is beyond #@)(*%* up.
Sorry dude, hoping for the best possible outcome

What a day. We had a funeral for one of my wife’s brothers, and got to visit the other one finally.

He has lost sense of touch in his fingers. He also has significant necrosis from when he was on the ventilator and they were unable to flip him because of such impaired lung function. His spirits are good. We’re praying he takes this as playing life on house money right now.

Another co worker a few counties over was placed into induced coma.

Praying for your family, you, and friends impacted by this... crap!

The overall scene - frustrating and deep sadness.

Sorry to hear of folks' losses. It's tough. A coworker just lost her mother that really did about all she could. Vaccinated, stayed home, was very very careful. Still don't know how she contacted it, best guess is an unvaccinated home nurse. But she was old enough that once she went in to the hospital, chances of her coming out were low. Coworker spent the last 19 months trying her best to prevent this exact scenario and it feels like they almost made it. Has to be crushing.

Got my Pfizer booster yesterday. Same timeline as before, about 12 hours after, started feeling the effects. Less soreness this time, but more chills/aches than I remember? Worst was overnight, but got up feeling pretty crummy. I'd say equivalent to your run of the mill cold that parks you on the couch once a year. Not flu-level bad. Nothing that advil couldn't make pretty bearable.

I tested positive on Wednesday, my 7 year old son tested positive this morning. Initially I had a few body aches and chills, and a little bit of a cough, but that only lasted the first 2 days. Yesterday and today I’ve felt almost 100% normal. My son also has a bit of a cough, low grade fever and is pretty tired. This COVID stuff seems to turn on a dime a lot of times so I am incredibly thankful for these good days and trusting Jesus for tomorrow.

My 7 year old just called me his “COVID Bro”, I’m hoping this doesn’t mean that flat-brimmed hats and barrel stickers are in our future :/

i am suppose to leave for a hunt in montana in 11 days but tested positive yesterday with 103 degree fever body aches. Today I have tightness in my right lung when i breathe deep And have a cough. I had major lung problems as a kid and was on oxygen until I was 3. I hope this is as bad as it gets for me. Living vicariously through your guys pictures and stories right now.

Prayers with you for a speedy recovery. I'd imagine with your history of lung capacity/integrity and you're not under daily monitoring in the hospital, the docs must feel good about your prognosis(?).

If so, hope all clears up and your out breathing the pine air with a clean bill of health.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back