Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

First hand Covid symptoms

Step son positive. Wife is now laying in bed from body aches.
Wife and step son tested positive now
Step son is just tired now with soar throat. Wife has really painful body aches and headaches. Both little guys (3 and 1) would appear to have it also. Cough,snot, and a lot of sleeping. Probably won't test them, as there's probably no need. I have zero symptoms. Going to wait til tomorrow and test just to see if I'm carrying this shit which I'd imagine I am. Never been a glass half full guy, but hey we get to do Thanksgiving with zero family/in laws. Just us and the three boys.😉

Add me to the list... started to feel down Monday and it has progressed. Tested positive today, 2 days before I was supposed to head west on a late season mule deer hunt. It is what it is and tag soup it'll be.

Assume the family has it too. I've got the worst symptoms so far. Body aches, stuffy nose, no smell, fever and cough. They kids (9 mons, 7yrs) have a runny nose, low fever, cough and sleepy. The middle child (4yrs) hasn't shown anything yet and is beyond pissed about not going to school.

Hope everyone feels better soon. Looks like I'll finally catch up on fresh tracks+.

Curious if anybody thought they were exposed, felt off 6 days later, had negative rapid tests, but still tested positive in the ensuing days?
Crazy scenario..asking for a friend. ;)

Had my J&J booster at Great Falls VA clinic last week. Again no reaction. Tested negative yesterday afternoon so I'm heading for the border tomorrow.

Wife got her Moderna booster today...some muscle aches and fatigue is all. My booster with Pfizer was a breeze but my 2nd shot put me on my back for a day or two. As a physician the risk/benefit calculus makes for an easy decision, get your shot if you haven't and get your booster if applicable, especially if it's been more than 6 months since your initial series.

Curious if anybody thought they were exposed, felt off 6 days later, had negative rapid tests, but still tested positive in the ensuing days?
With rapid tests there is a greater chance of false negatives.

Yes.

I was visibly sick. Negatove rapid test. Negative pcr test at the same time. 3 days later I was in the emergency room. Tested positive on the rapid.

Heading for a PCR test tomorrow. Run down, sniffly, chills, body aches, and then completely lost my taste and smell today…. so presuming I have it but we’ll see. So far everything is mild though.

Lack of taste seems to be the one variable very few of the common viruses share.
Crossing fingers for you.

I had my moderna booster late afternoon yesterday. Today I've had a general headache, groggy - mind fog, a bit sore, flipping between cold and hot, and exhausted.
Not near the ass kick from the second shot though enough to take the day off.
I think it's broke though some of the symptoms are holding out.

My nephew had three negative rapid tests and two positive PCR tests in 24 hours. They were trying to board a cruise and needed the negative PCR, but it never came. The whole family stayed in Florida for a week and then flew home.

He never developed a single symptom and nobody in the family got sick. 🤷

My nephew had three negative rapid tests and two positive PCR tests in 24 hours. They were trying to board a cruise and needed the negative PCR, but it never came. The whole family stayed in Florida for a week and then flew home.

He never developed a single symptom and nobody in the family got sick. 🤷
With the rapids if it states positive it's positive. Unfortunately they have a high rate of false negatives.

On day 8 for us, only symptom I still have lingering is a cough, sinus pressure and still no taste or smell. Wife is still experiencing most of the symptoms minus the fever. Two oldest kids are doing fine minus a cough. The baby has had a rough few days and nights. Fever, productive coughing and I take it she's got a headache. Little 11 month old grabbing her head and whimpers, doing what we can and trying to make the most of our time.

On a lighter note, since I'm the only one who lost taste and smell, the kids had fun experimenting with my taste. Put cayenne on my tongue, rotten milk, and a few other mixes and couldn't tell you what they were if I were blind folded. I drew the line with this taste test when they opened up the nightcrawler box.

On day 8 for us, only symptom I still have lingering is a cough, sinus pressure and still no taste or smell. Wife is still experiencing most of the symptoms minus the fever. Two oldest kids are doing fine minus a cough. The baby has had a rough few days and nights. Fever, productive coughing and I take it she's got a headache. Little 11 month old grabbing her head and whimpers, doing what we can and trying to make the most of our time.

On a lighter note, since I'm the only one who lost taste and smell, the kids had fun experimenting with my taste. Put cayenne on my tongue, rotten milk, and a few other mixes and couldn't tell you what they were if I were blind folded. I drew the line with this taste test when they opened up the nightcrawler box.
Godspeed to the 11 month old baby girl. Image breaks my heart.

Got my Pfizer booster yesterday. Arm feels like I lost a game of punch bug but no other ill effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started feeling real cruddy around November 7th and passed it off as just a cold. Symptoms got worse over the next few days so I went and got tested, which was positive. The next couple weeks were rough for me and my wife, but our baby didn't seem to get anything other than annoyed with us for coughing so much. Still can't smell quite everything, but my taste has returned in full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back