Yeti GOBOX Collection

First hand Covid symptoms

Curious for yourself (your gf) and others regarding J&J. Definitely better than no vaccination (IMO) though is there a medical reason or specific preference for the J&J vs Pfizer or Moderna? Difference between one shot vs two. If I recall, J&J is approx 65% effective vs the other two at 95%.
Not starting a debate, arguing a topic, etc... Simply curious. I'm happy to learn they've released a single shot vaccination. Hopeful it encourages others who may be on the fence over two shots or maybe J&J has a different type of vaccination outside Rna, etc.
Did they share some additional info beyond the public "Google" pool of info?

They're telling us in Southern Oregon that J&J is primarily being used for ag workers and super rural folks due to logistical difficulties of a 2 shot vaccine.

Received my second does of Moderna yesterday morning.
Felt fine until late last night. Had cold chills that were so bad I couldn't stop shaking. Took some nyquil and finally got a little bit of sleep.

This morning I felt like I've been ran over by a truck and have zero energy. Have to give myself a pep talk just to get up and pee lol

I'd hate to have known how the actual virus would make me feel

I had 2nd pfizer shot last Friday. Tired in the afternoon which may have just been due to long work hours for the last 2+ months. Did a short hike. Slept ok, and then around 9am Saturday started having aches and chills that lasted into the afternoon. Cleared up by Saturday evening.

Wife had 2nd pfizer shot on Monday. Woke up at midnight with fever and was on the couch all day yesterday. She said she still didn't sleep the best last night and woke up sweaty. But feeling ok this morning.

Always thought I was a tough guy... but dang, got Covid Sunday totally healthy and unexpected. The fevers, chills, headaches and shakes have been murder. 103.5F and am averaging about 102F.

41 years old and healthy!

The family is now quarantined for the next 10 days. Feel worse for them as the weather is finally getting nice!

If I felt like this in the backcountry elk hunting, I'd give up the ghost. I will ALWAYS have pain medication, water, Nyquil etc when I go out now!

Wife and I had second Moderna shots Friday @ noon.

Saturday AM I woke up feeling like I had a mild hangover, lethargic mostly. Cept I didn't drink Friday night. Did some light yard work, which about killed me, felt ok, just ZERO energy. Mid afternoon, got low fever, then chills. by bedtime I was starting to feel better, wife was starting to feel worse. Sunday I was 100% ready to go. Wife was zero energy.

Monday, both feel fine.
Since you mentioned it, it does kind of feel like a hangover. I was having some chills around late morning, that was when I lamed out came home from work.

Always thought I was a tough guy... but dang, got Covid Sunday totally healthy and unexpected. The fevers, chills, headaches and shakes have been murder. 103.5F and am averaging about 102F.

41 years old and healthy!

The family is now quarantined for the next 10 days. Feel worse for them as the weather is finally getting nice!

If I felt like this in the backcountry elk hunting, I'd give up the ghost. I will ALWAYS have pain medication, water, Nyquil etc when I go out now!
When I had it I found that alternating ibuprofen and tylenol every 4 hours or so took the edge off. I'm 48, but I was in terrific shape when I came down with it, but still it beat the hell out of me. I had litterally every symptom you hear about and pneumonia. My dad, who is 75 and a cancer patient got it shortly after I did and he barely broke a sweat. It's weird how it effects people different.

Got my first shot of Pfizer Tuesday morning. Had a sore upper arm at bedtime, sore enough I couldn't sleep on that side.
Still sore today but not as bad. No other side effects, so far.
Wife got hers this morning. We'll see how she does as far as side effects. :)

2nd Moderna shot yesterday. I feel so depleted of energy starting this morning. I got a some hives on my leg last night and apparently allergic reaction is a common and good side effect. If I get up and walk around the house I feel like I need to take a nap. I work from home so this isn’t having a big impact. No way could I go out into the world, I‘d probably fall asleep at the wheel.

When I had it I found that alternating ibuprofen and tylenol every 4 hours or so took the edge off. I'm 48, but I was in terrific shape when I came down with it, but still it beat the hell out of me. I had litterally every symptom you hear about and pneumonia. My dad, who is 75 and a cancer patient got it shortly after I did and he barely broke a sweat. It's weird how it effects people different.
It is weird...thought I had a yearly Christmas to New Year sinus crud. Did the test and and logged in to MyChart the next day to find the positive result. The symptom's were what I remember from the regular flu but the aspect of dread bombardment from the previous year paid a helluva psychological toll.

The fevers, chills, headaches and shakes have been murder. 103.5F and am averaging about 102F.
Ouch! Makes me appreciate my second knock down vaccination punch that much more! Hope you're on the mend and feeling better. Prayer for your family to remain safe as well.

Curious for yourself (your gf) and others regarding J&J. Definitely better than no vaccination (IMO) though is there a medical reason or specific preference for the J&J vs Pfizer or Moderna? Difference between one shot vs two. If I recall, J&J is approx 65% effective vs the other two at 95%.
Not starting a debate, arguing a topic, etc... Simply curious. I'm happy to learn they've released a single shot vaccination. Hopeful it encourages others who may be on the fence over two shots or maybe J&J has a different type of vaccination outside Rna, etc.
Did they share some additional info beyond the public "Google" pool of info?
We both took the earliest appointments we could get. I do like that the mRNA vaccines seem to have higher effectiveness, but J&J was tested later in time where there were more of the various strains spreading, so it is hard to directly compare results. I would have gotten the J&J had it been the first available, and she would have happily gotten an mRNA shot. The scheduling rodeo to get an appointment meant that we didn't really have a choice.

Anecdotally the J&J doesn't seem to hit as hard with side effects, and for certain people only needing one shot is a large benefit. I know some people who are struggling to get in for their second doses at the same time that basically the whole state became eligible for their first dose.

I got my first shot of Moderna yesterday. Just a little soreness at the injection site (that I wouldn’t even notice if I didn’t know I got a shot there) and some stiffness in my neck and tenderness in my lymph nodes that could be partially the result of a ski crash yesterday morning. No fever or chills or tiredness. Overall, extremely mild symptoms. Even the shot itself was barely felt - less than your typical IV injection. Sounds like the second round is where most folks are experiencing more symptoms. So I’ve got that to look forward to in 4 weeks. Looking forward to having the worst of this behind us!

Received Moderna #2 thirty four hours ago. Guess I'm lucky with side effects. Arm hurts, so what. Head was off today somewhat, slight dizziness, body aches late afternoon. Spent the day installing siding , walking a plank 10' up. Guess I'm old school.
Thankful it wasn't worse.
FYI ...I alternated ibuprofen and Tylenol. This helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back