Yeti GOBOX Collection

First hand Covid symptoms

Got my second shot about 10 days ago. Had a fever and some nausea the next day but nothing major. Two days later I go for a quick shed hunt and start noticing a sharp pain in my chest. After a sleepless night and the pain getting worse I decided to head to the doc. A blood clot in the lungs and pleurisy...the treatments haven’t been much fun. The pain is mostly gone but I’ve been back to the hospital a couple times already due to tingling in my legs and about 50% loss of feeling in my feet. I think I’ll take my chance with the Rona next time...

Got my second shot about 10 days ago. Had a fever and some nausea the next day but nothing major. Two days later I go for a quick shed hunt and start noticing a sharp pain in my chest. After a sleepless night and the pain getting worse I decided to head to the doc. A blood clot in the lungs and pleurisy...the treatments haven’t been much fun. The pain is mostly gone but I’ve been back to the hospital a couple times already due to tingling in my legs and about 50% loss of feeling in my feet. I think I’ll take my chance with the Rona next time...
Which vaccine?

For anyone reading this, note that your risk of blood clots from being infected with Covid is 10 times higher than your risk from the vaccine. Both are rare, at about 4 in 1,000,000 for vaccines and 40 in 1,000,000 for Covid.

For anyone reading this, note that your risk of blood clots from being infected with Covid is 10 times higher than your risk from the vaccine. Both are rare, at about 4 in 1,000,000 for vaccines and 40 in 1,000,000 for Covid.
Having a strong family history of DVT, this was a significant factor in my decision to get vaccinated. My aunt did end up hospitalized for two weeks with multiple clots in her lungs after getting infected. Minimizing whatever risk factors I could was worth it to me.

Ya I’m not trying to persuade anyone either way, just wanted to share my experience. I went in healthier than I’ve been in probably ten years and came out giving myself shots in the stomach to get rid of a blood clot.

I got my 2nd Pfizer shot a few weeks ago. About 12 hours after the shot I started to feel a bit off. I woke up at midnight that night and couldn't sleep because my joints and muscles hurt and I was either too hot or too cold. I laid in bed until 2:30 and then had to wake the family up to get ready to catch our flight to Florida for our vacation. That plane ride will go down in history as being among the most miserable 3 hours of my life. I had every vent within arms reach cranked and aimed right at me. My mother-in-law was also with and had her shot the day before as well. She was shivering the entire flight covered up with whatever she could find. I took a nap as soon as possible after landing and felt a lot better when I woke up. I had a very mild headache for another day and then was back to 100%. It's a great feeling being vaccinated and well worth a little misery.

Earlier this spring a met with a client and he mentioned his brother had Covid but was fairing ok. A week later he cancelled our next meeting because his brother had just passed away. He had multiple blood clots from the virus and couldn't pull through.

Ya I’m not trying to persuade anyone either way, just wanted to share my experience. I went in healthier than I’ve been in probably ten years and came out giving myself shots in the stomach to get rid of a blood clot.
Totally do not blame you at all. I had a clot after knee surgery. Not a mild event. Just wanting to let people know that clots are rare, and far more likely to be caused by the virus instead of the vaccine.

I wonder if there is a marked difference in side effects between we who live in sunny climates (high natural vitamin D) versus those who live further north? A quick browse seems to bear this out, but I have by no means done any detailed study.

My wife and I had our 2nd Pfizer shot and we had the same side-effects as the first time. Sore arm for about a day then everything back to normal.
This coming Wed. will mark the end of the 2 week waiting period and then we're ready to go see and hug our extended family members. :)

My wife and I had our 2nd Pfizer shot and we had the same side-effects as the first time. Sore arm for about a day then everything back to normal.
This coming Wed. will mark the end of the 2 week waiting period and then we're ready to go see and hug our extended family members. :)

Seriously, we never stopped hugging each other. We used the "hold your breath" method, holding our breath as we were hugging. Seems innocuous enough. 😬

Hate to tell everyone this but you can get the Rona after the vaccine. I got J&J on April 4, COVID positive today. Bleh. Other than light cough already improving. Blew me away.

^^^ same with my oldest brother (age72) 11 days after the Moderna 1st shot. Twelve days later retested negative and now has had 2nd shot... 30 days in with no addit. Probs.

^^^ same with my oldest brother (age72) 11 days after the Moderna 1st shot. Twelve days later retested negative and now has had 2nd shot... 30 days in with no addit. Probs.
Getting that stuff when you are fully vaccinated and being careful is not good. It definitely will have me more mindful around older relatives.

Hate to tell everyone this but you can get the Rona after the vaccine. I got J&J on April 4, COVID positive today. Bleh. Other than light cough already improving. Blew me away.
J&J provides about 75% reduction in getting covid, but 95% reduction in hospitalizations and 99% reduction to deaths. Bummer you are one of the "breakout infections" but your shot likely made your infection less severe.

we are still holding at only 6 deaths bring contributed to Covid, but we have just this week gone back into complete lock down with very strict quarantine restrictions. Waiting on an update to the percentage of populace that has receive both shots. I am fairly sure the fall season will not open to outsiders, but hope I am wrong

Went in for surgical procedure Apr 5. Tested "neg" for COVID-19 upon admission.

Neither the wife or I have had nor have any desire to get ANY of the available vaccines.
Last "flu shot" we got was in 1992. We both spent 3 days in bed with horrendous flu symptoms. Aching muscles, fever, congestion, labored breathing...the whole 9 yards. We haven't taken a flu shot since. Neither of us has had the flu since.

No brag, just fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back