Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Fave odd junk food combinations

A favorite of his, my dad let me try leftover cornbread and buttermilk once....once was all it took.

Not a fave but not bad is a banana sandwich w/Dukes mayo.

As an accompaniment to the grilled cheese thread, do you have any odd junk food cravings?

Mine is a taste of my childhood, and probably is more sentimental than good, but every once in a while I really crave…

Doritos and Texas Pete.

What’s your favorite?
aba zabas

my strangest guilty pleasure...

pancake batter. i'll eat it by the spoonful when i'm making pancakes.

honestly, sometimes its like baking cookies, in that i'll only do it so i can eat the dough.

I do love me some cookie dough. Then my wife says, "You're going to get salmonella" and I'll answer "great, as long as I can smoke it and eat it with ritz crackers"

salmonella is just like any other boogeyman adults come up with to try and coerce certain behavior out of children/husbands.

my dad told me his mom used to make smoothies for them before school and would crack a raw egg in each one. nowadays everyone believes that if you so much as even look at a raw piece of chicken you might as well preemptively drive yourself to the ER 🤷‍♂️

salmonella is just like any other boogeyman adults come up with to try and coerce certain behavior out of children/husbands.

my dad told me his mom used to make smoothies for them before school and would crack a raw egg in each one. nowadays everyone believes that if you so much as even look at a raw piece of chicken you might as well preemptively drive yourself to the ER 🤷‍♂️
I don't even know if they still make it, but back in the olden days we had "Instant Breakfast." Basically, it was a warm chocolate milkshake that was supposed to be nutritious. My mom would always add a raw egg to it to give it a little more substance.

Salted peanuts in my bottle of Pepsi.

Snickers with Wavy Lays potato chips.

Bacon inside of a piece of bread that has mayonnaise.

Not really junk food... fishing trips we'd make extra bacon at breakfast and have PB and Bacon sandwiches in the boat for lunch... wash it down with a Molson.

Unfortunately, all of these peanut butter ideas are a no-go in my house… 2 daughters with peanut allergies :cry:

My, how I miss peanut butter

Takis soaked in pickle juice. My daughter just turned me on to this.

Dipping Chili Cheese fritos in cottage cheese.

I've always loved peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.
I don't mind a PB&J every once in a while as long as you put a slice of that fake American cheese on it (and have to have butter on the jelly side to keep the bread from getting soggie).
My weakness is plain potato chips and pretzels (one of each together) dipped in store bought French onion dip, right out of the container. Until it's gone.

Follow me for more healthy tips...

When we were kids, my mom used to get us Count Chocula cereal sometimes. My dads favorite midnight snack was having a bowl of that but with chocolate milk instead of the usual two percent. Even as a kid, that was too much sugar for me.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back