Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Epic trophy room in progress

I had Monarch Taxidermy mount my leopard. Stuart and his crew did an excellent job on it, and they have a great shop. They are specializing in doing entire Trophy Rooms.

There weren't any problems bringing Polar bears into the US prior to Obama.

I had Monarch Taxidermy mount my leopard. Stuart and his crew did an excellent job on it, and they have a great shop. They are specializing in doing entire Trophy Rooms.

The polar bear population has been stable for 3 decades. I wish they were importable again. I will never get the chance to hunt them but I'm sure conservation $ took a hit from US clients being blocked from importing.

Really?

I remember when Chuck Adams shot his polar bear, he was having trouble getting his bear into the US. I don't recall the exact year but in the late 90's. But it was prior to 2000 as I was sitting in my friends living room having that discussion with Chuck while he was having a couple other bears scored for P&Y. I don't know if he got his bear imported or not...haven't seen him since then.

Last edited:
Polar bear into the U.S.?

North America and US aren’t quite synonyms 😂

I might be a curmudgeon, but I don’t believe one person (or even family) less than 100 years old could shoot all that themselves. Displaying trophies someone else shot is pretty....meh..

I might be a curmudgeon, but I don’t believe one person (or even family) less than 100 years old could shoot all that themselves. Displaying trophies someone else shot is pretty....meh..
Curmudgeon. ;) Come to the RMBS banquet next year and you can see a trophy room far bigger than that which was filled primarily by 2 people, one of which is not yet 30 years old.

If it's the guy's house/shop/showroom, it's less meh. Great advertisement for the quality of work. Kudos to them if they did in fact shoot 'em all. Cool rooms.

You misspelled George W. Bush.

In May of 2008 Polar bears were declared threatened by the Bush Administrations US Fish & Wildlife Service, placing a ban on their importation.
Ok, the Bush FWS declared the Polar bears threatened under the ESA, the Obama FWS declared the Polar bear habitat threatened due to the global warming hoax. In reality, the Canadian government sets the Polar bear harvest quotas and the US FWS meddling only prevents US hunters from bringing their Polar bear trophies home.

With enough time and money I wouldn't see any problem getting all of the critters in that picture in 10 years of quality guided hunts. Other than the bears and Marco Polo ram and although I have only had a fraction of all of the deer, antelope, and elk that I've shot mounted, I have that many animals in my Trophy room, and I'm still shy of 100 years old. :D

Ok, the Bush FWS declared the Polar bears threatened under the ESA, the Obama FWS declared the Polar bear habitat threatened due to the global warming hoax. In reality, the Canadian government sets the Polar bear harvest quotas and the US FWS meddling only prevents US hunters from bringing their Polar bear trophies home.

With enough time and money I wouldn't see any problem getting all of the critters in that picture in 10 years of quality guided hunts. Other than the bears and Marco Polo ram and although I have only had a fraction of all of the deer, antelope, and elk that I've shot mounted, I have that many animals in my Trophy room, and I'm still shy of 100 years old. :D

Kudos on all your achievements. Our interests differ, and that’s great.

I have infinitely more interest in seeing and hearing the stories of someone like @Oak ‘s mule deer than visiting with the owner of that room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back