PEAX Equipment

elk hunting video of the future...

Those poor wolves need our help! I think that elk may have kicked one of them...
Quick hand me my 7mag so I can put the vermin out of their misery...

thats a cool video! You guys ever see a wolf in the wild? I saw one a couple years ago, it chased a herd of elk right to us while we were hunting. Made getting our elk easy that year. It was a black one all by itself, 3 days later it was shot for chasing cattle about a mile down the mountain from where we saw it.

Wyodeerhunter said:
thats a cool video! You guys ever see a wolf in the wild? I saw one a couple years ago, it chased a herd of elk right to us while we were hunting. Made getting our elk easy that year. It was a black one all by itself, 3 days later it was shot for chasing cattle about a mile down the mountain from where we saw it.
At least it did something usefull before it died

The wolves are just trying to survive like every other animal on this planet. If we weren't treaspassing into their habitat with our houses and malls, and stores then there would be a problem between wolves and people.

I too have seen a wolf in the wild and it was teh coolest thing I have ever seen.
Quick Draw

The wolves are just trying to survive like every other animal on this planet. If we weren't treaspassing into their habitat with our houses and malls, and stores then there would be a problem between wolves and people.

the Military teach you that? sounds kinda "Peta-ish".

Quick Draw said:

No if we would have never brought them back we would not have this problem. but good try..........

That video makes me sick!!!!!. If that was a pair of German shepards that jumped out of someones car and attacked an elk the Bunny huggers would be screaming bloody murder and want the owners strung from the highest tree!!!
They were taken out of the equation for a reason and this is video proof of one reason. I too have seen a wolf in the wild, what would have made it better is if a could have driven a 180 grain nosler through it.(HOPEFULLY some day soon) In fact the following year the FWP took 15 of them out of the same drainage and they didn't get them all. No where near yeallowstone either.

There is no argument you can make for me to beleive that they ever should have been reintroduced into Rockies ecosystem. |oo

EEERRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG:BLEEP:

Hntnhrd said:
If that was a pair of German shepards that jumped out of someones car and attacked an elk the Bunny huggers would be screaming bloody murder and want the owners strung from the highest tree!!!
Let's see, domestic dogs vs. wild predators. Just so you know, wolves aren't fed from a can and don't do well eating grass. If this really makes you sick, there are not many things in nature that will leave a good taste in your mouth. Some critters gotta eat other critters to survive, not different than you or me. Get over it, this is how the system works.

Hntnhrd said:
There is no argument you can make for me to beleive that they ever should have been reintroduced into Rockies ecosystem. |oo
EEERRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG:BLEEP:
Is someone argueing with you?:rolleyes:

That doesnt make me sick...they're killing as efficiently as they can.

Watching some dipshit from Colorado shoot a doe antelope through the guts (at extreme range), push it into a fence where its guts got hung up in the wire, while the idiot continued to shoot at the doe off the hood of the truck until he "wised" up enough to try to get closer...only to watch the guy run out of ammo...walk back to the truck...then get more ammo, walk up to the doe that was now laying on its side...with its guts about 15 feet away still hung up in the wire...shoot some more...eventually hit it again...then walk up to about 10 feet and blow the does head off...then pump his fist in the air to his dumpy buddy in the truck like some kind of hero. His dumpy buddy saw the hero waving his arms in victory and immediately drove cross country...off all established roads (against the rules on the HMA they were "hunting" on) to the gutshot, headless, guts in the fence doe.

THAT MAKES ME SICK!

For the record, I'm not the "dipshit from Colorado." Or at least the one Buzz is referring to. ;)

what makes me sick is looking at the video realizing that the Feds will not let us do anything about this where attention is needed. Last years Elk population increase in Wisconsin 0%.... Due to mostly what? take a guess. Perfect example of someplace wolf thinning is desperatly needed.

Exactly my point. It makes me sick that they are even there doing it at all. Oh the poor wolf is just doing what they do. It's part of nature. Why is it I see posts all the time about people craking shots off at coyotes but we must save the poor wolf . I reread my post and didn't see where I was arguing with anyone. Would it be better or more politically correct if I said
" There are no points you could bring up for my consideration that would change my mind".

If you have found elk in your hunting areas that have been killed by wolves ( we don't have grizzlies in our hunting zone) , seen a ranchers beef cattle killed by them and hear the rancher tell about how his dog was killled by them and are OK with it then that is your opinion. But you know mine.

Hntnhrd said:
Why is it I see posts all the time about people craking shots off at coyotes but we must save the poor wolf .
It is called the ESA and they are not in season yet in ID, MT or WY. If there is an open season on 'yotes where I am hunting, I will most likely try to get him if I am hunting. If they open a season on wolves and I am legal, I will be shooting as well.

Hntnhrd said:
I reread my post and didn't see where I was arguing with anyone. Would it be better or more politically correct if I said
" There are no points you could bring up for my consideration that would change my mind".
That would make sense.

schmalts said:
Last years Elk population increase in Wisconsin 0%.... Due to mostly what? take a guess. Perfect example of someplace wolf thinning is desperatly needed.
Not saying you are wrong (I will call you a lickbag though), but do you have any proof of this?

schmalts said:
what makes me sick is looking at the video realizing that the Feds will not let us do anything about this where attention is needed. Last years Elk population increase in Wisconsin 0%.... Due to mostly what? take a guess. Perfect example of someplace wolf thinning is desperatly needed.

Looks like you are mostly correct, but I think the bigger problem is that the herd is barely 100 animals. Wolves aren't the only predator, either.

Current Status: We had 7 confirmed mortalities this quarter, which raised total observed losses for Elk Year 05/06 (20th May 2005 to 20th May 2006) to 20 “observed deaths and increasing observed losses for Elk Year 06/07 (21 May 2006 to May 2007) to 6 “observed deaths” and 8 “projected deaths”. The “projected” loss for Elk Year 05/06 is about 27 animals results in an end of the Elk Year Population Estimate of 96.

However, near the end of this quarter we had our 2006 calving season with an estimated 26 calves born resulting in a 122 post calving season population estimate. Deducting the 8 projected mortalities leaves us at 114 elk as of 24 July 2006.

Elk Health Issues: Mortalities: On April 7, investigating the mortality signal for bull calf 171, Elk Project Staff found its remains on the south shore of the Torch River. It was clear that M171 had been killed and eaten by wolves.

On May 8 and May 11, again investigating mortality signals, bull calves 165 and 167 were discovered the West Fork of the Chippewa River, west and east of the end of Forest Road 709, respectively. Both animals had been killed by wolves.

On May 24 and May 26, current year cow calves 184 and 181 were found to have died, respectively. F184 likely due to scours and F181 due to bear predation. On June 12 and 16 bull calves 198 and 199 were killed and eaten by bears. On June 21, investigating a mortality signal, bull 61 (7 year old bull) was found near the south shore of McCloud Lake, killed and eaten by wolves.

Analyzing our wolf predation investigations its apparent that in addition to the occasional solitary bull being killed more “group” animals are being taken. Most are young animals, not quite a year old, and most of these are killed next to river-ways. One “group” cow was killed in March, however, she had a healed broken hind leg (likely due to a vehicle collision) that made her vulnerable. If this pattern progresses to sub-adult and adult cows, the Clam Lake herd will be in serious trouble.

Heading up to MI for christmas and going to do some calling I was told there are wolves in the upper parts of MI. I think predation in the wild is just that, we need predators and prey for all to stay equal. I have no problem with wolves I think that the 210gr TSX in my 338RUM will be just fine for them. When does wolf season open anyways. :D :D Probably the same as here with the large cats, nobody knows how they got here and nobody knows how they end up dead with large holes in em! HAPPY HUNTING

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back