Utard video

FWIW, to find the spot where it was shot.

1) drop an onx waypoint at your current location.
2) click on it, and scroll down. There is a “waypoint radius” tab. Click on that and set the radius to the distance you shot the critter. The place it was shot will be along the outside edge of the circle.
Now use you compass feature to draw a line to where it was standing. Where the line crosses your circle is where to start looking.

I bet if those guys were even 100 miles from a known grizzly bear they would've gone back to the car even if they each had three headlamps.

View attachment 315439
I’ve never had to use it but it seems pretty straightforward. Nice tool. Seems like you could get within 50 yards and with 14 guys someone should trip over it.
Agree, or you could go all old school and shoot an azimuth on a hand held silva and again, one of the 14 guys following the dude with his compass should trip over it.

but typically because they didn't once and regretted it. I'm dumb, I actually did it twice.
Reminds me of the time I killed an elk 3pm in archery a couple miles from the truck. Close to the park with plenty of griz around. Got it all quartered and hung, loaded the first quarter to find out the headlamp was dead. Spooky pack out, cell phone lights suck. Now I carry 2 high lumen headlamps with a battery backup. Probably zigzaged 3x the needed distance bushwhacking through a hell hole with my hand on the bear spray the whole time. "It was treacherous out there."

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back