Utard video

Lessons learned for me. Ive fortunately never had to recover an elk the next day that wasnt already quartered and hanging. To have the balls to post about it online and brag, is beyond me.
I've had to do it twice, both archery. Lost prob 10 lbs of meat total from 2 bulls. They prob didn't die till the middle of the night, the hair is really short in early archery, and I was in there at sunup looking. Winter hair and the long nights would be tough on the meat if you leave them out unprocessed. I can't begin to count how many hours I have spent cutting (and packing) elk meat in November until the wee hours of the morning.

Reminds me of the time I killed an elk 3pm in archery a couple miles from the truck. Close to the park with plenty of griz around. Got it all quartered and hung, loaded the first quarter to find out the headlamp was dead. Spooky pack out, cell phone lights suck. Now I carry 2 high lumen headlamps with a battery backup. Probably zigzaged 3x the needed distance bushwhacking through a hell hole with my hand on the bear spray the whole time. "It was treacherous out there."
I flip the batteries and carry extras. I have not gone to far as to carry an entirely extra headlamp because I figure my one has two sets of lights on it so losing a bulb shouldn't be an issue.

I flip the batteries and carry extras. I have not gone to far as to carry an entirely extra headlamp because I figure my one has two sets of lights on it so losing a bulb shouldn't be an issue.
I only recently (this year) found out I can lock my headlamp to prevent it from turning on inside my pack. The only problem with that is that I always forget how to unlock it and it takes me about 45 minutes to figure out how to turn it on.

I only recently (this year) found out I can lock my headlamp to prevent it from turning on inside my pack. The only problem with that is that I always forget how to unlock it and it takes me about 45 minutes to figure out how to turn it on.
I had to hike 1 mile in the dark to get cell coverage so I could google how to unlock mine. Much easier to just flip the batteries.

Everytime someone clicks on a link they get a nickel. Everytime someone posts a link - and 20 people click it, they get a dollar.....

Reminds me of the time I killed an elk 3pm in archery a couple miles from the truck. Close to the park with plenty of griz around. Got it all quartered and hung, loaded the first quarter to find out the headlamp was dead. Spooky pack out, cell phone lights suck. Now I carry 2 high lumen headlamps with a battery backup. Probably zigzaged 3x the needed distance bushwhacking through a hell hole with my hand on the bear spray the whole time. "It was treacherous out there."
Right? Killed my elk at around 420 pm - and we didnt get everything home until 2 am, after a miserable fourwheeler ride. Had it to the processor by 830 the next morning after a cool night hanging in game bags.

I am appalled by the amount of people who leave the hide on forever too.

Right? Killed my elk at around 420 pm - and we didnt get everything home until 2 am, after a miserable fourwheeler ride. Had it to the processor by 830 the next morning after a cool night hanging in game bags.

I am appalled by the amount of people who leave the hide on forever too.
420 pm? What were you and Snoop Dogg out hunting together?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back