Caribou Gear

double whammy

Montana Advocate

Friday morning my 66 year old dad passed. Yesterday I left my wife, which was a long time coming. 2 young girls have kept me in but I'm choosing happiness in all my decisions moving forward.

Would love to hear from others who have been through similar paths in their lives.

Thanks.

M.A.

Sorry to hear that. Hope your focus on happiness carries you through these tough times.

sorry for your loss. Do what you think is best for you , and for your girls . Wishing you well .

Life is too short to be unhappy, and sorry for your loss.

Don't be afraid to ask for some help if you need it!!

Sorry to hear about your dad and your marriage. Both are very special and sad to loose. I've been there on the latter... pm me if you need to chat, I finally had to pack up my wife's things 6 years ago after 18 years of marriage. I am very happy today but don't wish it on anyone. It can be a very dark time, but you CAN get through it and come out a better man from it. I feel I did. Peace be with you!

I certainly hate to hear about your Dad, no matter the situation, its always sad. As far as the divorce, a close friend said it was the best decision he made, even though it didn't feel like it for a while. Its ironic that something so sad has so many jokes made about it. Sorry you have to deal with two huge things at ince, good luck and god bless.

I once told a very good friend, when she told me of her soon to be divorce, "sorry". She stated: "don't be sorry for me because now I am happy".

I am not sure that is true for all people, however, I do see her point of view.

I lost my dad in 1990 at 64 years of age... way too young. The first year, tears were shed on the holidays and special occasions such as the first day of deer season. The tears are long gone and now it's only smiles and happy memories. As a religious guy I know he's looking down from above and I hope every day that I am making him proud in the person that I am.

good luck to all
the dog

Life has its sucky moments! Lost my dad 4 years ago --- the heartache will get manageable. Your girls will continue to need a good man in their lives --- m-a-k-e the time! Pulling for you in both instances ...

It's really hard losing a parent I lost my mom 4 years ago and she was only 49 I'm going to be 28 in another month miss her every day. Try and focus on the good times you had hope there are a lot of them. Just be as good as a dad as you can be and be there for them. Hang in there some day the clouds will part and the sun will shine down on you.

Losing your Dad is tough. My Dad's services are April 30 th so I know how the newness of this feels. The best thing you can do for your daughters is teach them what to look for Ina man when they get old enough to get married or even date. Be the guy they use for their gauge. Andy

Sorry to hear about your father. I lost mine going on 8 years ago. It gets better, but never goes away, just be sure to focus on the good times and to share his stories with your daughters.

I've never been through a divorce as an adult, but was a teenager when my parents split. Be sure to stay very active in their lives and positive influence for your kids. It might not seem like it to you, but I can tell you from experience it can be quite tough for the kids.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back