MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Does Wyoming's new elk results date change your plans?

Not for next year since I am just going to buy points. But it might make me hold out for an additional year just to guarantee that I'll draw the year I put in. It's hard to put down that much money for that long.

Yes. Our group cannot wait May to find out if we got a tag or not, so we will not be applying in WY this year (or actually the next few years depending on point creep). There are no attractive (to us) backup plans should we not draw. I know of 2 other groups that are in the same boat. Total people: 17.

Yes. To many bills this year, I can't float the tag fee's in WY and the rest of my draws that long... Most likely just a PP for me instead of throwing my name in the hat....

I need to build an Excel sheet that shows application dates, draw dates, and hunt dates.

That will make planning easier. Wish I could trade elk points for deer.

It won’t this year for me because I have the points to draw a general tag. I’ll be less likely in the future to apply for long-shot tags and more likely to just buy a point if I’m thinking I’ll draw other hunts that year.

No change for me. I don't anticipate any reduction in demand/applications.

Not for me, just buying a point again next year, maybe in a year I am really hoping/planning to hunt Wyoming.

Nope. Might wind up hunting 1 week/each in two different states some years, rather than two weeks in one state but oh well.

Nope. Doesn’t change my plans either. I selfishly like this change with the hope that fewer people will apply and other people will withdraw when they draw a tag in a different state.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back