Caribou Gear Tarp

Seeth's unexpected FULL fall of "good" hunts

Well we made it back home and that wraps up the 2022 hunting season for us. We returned with heavy hearts knowing our Bernese was not home with us. After the drive there, I think the distraction of the the trip kept him off our minds (except at the kill of my wife's buck and the pack out where he wasn't there) but once home it truly really set in that he was gone. Thankfully we have three other amazing dogs to keep the house from feeling empty and we each can find comfort with each other and them.

I'm amazed at what my wife and I were able to accomplish and experience this last fall. It was memorable in so many ways. Our freezer is stuffed to the brim with high quality meat and there is a duck and an elk at the taxidermist that will be returned next spring to serve as incredible reminders of our adventures. This 26 page thread will also do a great job of recapping all the events so anytime we want to relive it thankfully it exists here for us to easily visit.

Thanks to all of you on HT that have shared valuable information with me regarding some of trips we took. I'm so happy to be part of such a great community of individuals that are willing to help out. I do my best to return the favor and will gladly give advice to any HT member willing to seek me out.

Step one: Drive with the enclosed trailer and pick it up.

Step two: Remove an entire window in the middle of winter because who would of thought that it wouldn't fit through the door?

Step three: Place on floor and have a few drinks because you are depressed that it doesn't fit on the wall where you wanted it to go.

Step four: It's been 4 days later and I still don't know what step four is. Elk is still sitting on the floor in the room...

20240126_190602.jpg

Step two: Remove an entire window in the middle of winter because who would of thought that it wouldn't fit through the door?

Step three: Place on floor and have a few drinks because you are depressed that it doesn't fit on the wall where you wanted it to go.

Step four: It's been 4 days later and I still don't know what step four is. Elk is still sitting on the floor in the room...

View attachment 313497
I thought you were an engineer? 😁

View attachment 313497
Dog seems to enjoy the elk's current position!

Doesn't mean I can magically fit a square peg in a round hole. And that's what I'm dealing with now!
Sorry, I just assumed you had 3D CAD drawings of your house and the elk mount, and had done a structural analysis to make sure it would fit and the house wouldn't collapse when you hung it up. Bummer.

Oh, and nice mount!

Hear me out on this one. You need to add on to the house with a room big enough to hang that trophy. I know you're thinking that is too much expense for just to hang one elk, but honestly you will need more space next year and or the year after that and after that, etc. It's really a wise investment if you think about it...

Hear me out on this one. You need to add on to the house with a room big enough to hang that trophy. I know you're thinking that is too much expense for just to hang one elk, but honestly you will need more space next year and or the year after that and after that, etc. It's really a wise investment if you think about it...
We broke ground last fall, poured footings and the garage slab is set. Walls will be going up after winter (which apparently spring is here in WI already?)

Back