Seeth's unexpected FULL fall of "good" hunts

I’ll have to make a trip south get one of those pretty GWT
They surely are fine little specimens! They actually aren't quite full plumage, very close on almost every one but we haven't got one that was a no doubter. It doesn't help either that it's hard to not blow em up. They decoy easy and we are shooting 2s thru modified chokes. Almost every one we get we bust a wing, a leg, it's just carnage on em lol

They surely are fine little specimens! They actually aren't quite full plumage, very close on almost every one but we haven't got one that was a no doubter. It doesn't help either that it's hard to not blow em up. They decoy easy and we are shooting 2s thru modified chokes. Almost every one we get we bust a wing, a leg, it's just carnage on em lol
My go to for all waterfowl from jumping teal to geese in the decoys or anything is 2 steel and the Patternmaster code duck lol. Been many heads shot off in my spread. Use the same setup but with 7.5 target load for ruffed grouse too

My go to for all waterfowl from jumping teal to geese in the decoys or anything is 2 steel and the Patternmaster code duck lol. Been many heads shot off in my spread. Use the same setup but with 7.5 target load for ruffed grouse too
No doubt 2s are the best all around when you might shoot anything from geese to teal. Early season and if I'm jump shooting or hunting a small pothole, I'll use IC. Big water and fields I go to modified.

Got 2 Gaddy now and missed on 4 widgeon. Should have easily dropped the drakes but we failed. 3 ducks to go and looking like it might happen!

Man those teal on the grill were yummy!!!

Bedtime and up bright and early to see if we can knock down a few more fowl. Running low on shells so need to be extra focused on knocking em down good. I have a single shot (my gun broke on the first day) so that helps with burning through ammo. It's actually quite interesting how when you only have one shot how much you really focus on making it count. I'm probably shooting like 90% with the single shot.

Objective this morning was to focus and try to just shoot drakes. One hour in and so far 9/10 on drakes only. Pretty sure we saw our first Mexican ducks up close but didn't shoot because we thought they were hen mallards. When the pair banked over the deeks at 30 yards I realized they were pretty dark colored and too late to pull up and shoot. Darn.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back