PEAX Equipment

Do I Look Like Greenhorn Yet?

Gerald Martin

Greenhorn's hunting prowess and success is a well documented fact here on Hunttalk. In the past there's been some speculation as to the secrets to his success and some wishing for some of that success to rub off on the rest of us.

Well, I 've noticed a common theme in all his trophy pictures. He's always wearing his microtex pants in Cabela's Outfitter camo. I've figured out his secret! Its got to be the pants!:)

In order to test my newfound theory I donned my own Cabela's Microtex pants in Outfitter camo for last hour of daylight on Thursday. I think my theory was proven when this buck came by cruising for does with 15 minutes of daylight left. He's my best buck yet and I was delighted with him considering how much time I've had to hunt on my own this year. I'm also glad to have figured out Greenie's secret and can't wait to put my "magic pants" to work on my special draw mountain lion tag next month.

I even got the family involved on the pack out. They were pretty excited about Daddy's buck.

Attachments

• DJ's sheep hunt 004.jpg
    DJ's sheep hunt 004.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 539
  • DJ's sheep hunt 012.jpg
    DJ's sheep hunt 012.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 541
  • DJ's sheep hunt 032.jpg
    DJ's sheep hunt 032.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 544
Sweet buck. I dig those orange-ish horns. I saw a whitetail with horns that color a few years ago, but I never did figure out what they rub on to get that color.

Drahthaar, I thought it was from rubbing alder saplings???? There's a bunch of them where I shot this deer and I seldom see many rubs on pines. ????? At any rate that orange color on his skull plate is all bark and sawdust from rubbing. I really like that orange color on his rack too.

We get bucks down here that have that same coloring, I think Draht's right on the yellow saplings.

Nice buck Gerald, and congrats on getting the family in on it.

Fantastic buck! Great to have the family involved and congrats on your biggest buck yet! Hopefully one day - I'll find a biggest buck to match yours. Great looking!

Think you used a little too much stain on those antlers though... you spilled some on it's forehead! Haha! J/K! Great color! Very cool looking!

Hey, I think those horns get yellow like that from rubbing on conifer trees(pine or maybe cedar) I have glassed some bucks in Ohio that were yellow like that and they were in the pines. Good Hunting!!

Drahthaar, I thought it was from rubbing alder saplings???? There's a bunch of them where I shot this deer and I seldom see many rubs on pines. ????? At any rate that orange color on his skull plate is all bark and sawdust from rubbing. I really like that orange color on his rack too.

Hum, got me?? Definitely don't see much of those orange racks, very cool. I saw another pic this year of a buck with orange tint, it was shot in a regen unit full of pine. I never see orange racks but I am hunting in doug fir, grand fir, and larches(which I would think could also get things turning orange).

I was expecting to see a big deer with a headline like that. ;)

Nice buck, he has a really cool color to the antlers, should look great on the wall.

You must be new... It's not his Pants that makes him lucky, It's the Undies. Matter of fact, there is a picture floating around with him in his lucky Undies... Back in the day people have offered him lot's of coin for those !!!!

Congrats on the deer !! You're one short on the kids to catch up to me though. ;)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back